[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really surprised he is taking a job this soon. I still think he should have taken the year off and take the Knicks job. New York has been the mecca of basketball forever and yet they have had a terrible franchise for years now. He could have been the guy to turn it around. The sixers do have interesting pieces and he will be a part of a contender right away but unless he makes a splashy trade, he will have had very little impact on the team success.
Are you expecting Leon Rose and World Wide Wes to get fired after one season in New York?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

Amazing how Rondo has extended his once floundering career by being a walking injury risk who gets insanely hot during the post season but only the post season.
Considering some guys are basically just taking the entire regular season off at this point and still getting paid superstar money, getting insanely hot in the playoffs has some monetary value. Better that than getting insanely hot in the regular season and then choking in the playoffs! That won't make you a lot of friends.

EDIT: Looks like Slim beat me to it! :)

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I am really surprised he is taking a job this soon. I still think he should have taken the year off and take the Knicks job. New York has been the mecca of basketball forever and yet they have had a terrible franchise for years now. He could have been the guy to turn it around. The sixers do have interesting pieces and he will be a part of a contender right away but unless he makes a splashy trade, he will have had very little impact on the team success.
This may have been a pre-arranged deal. I already suspected he got quietly fired in Houston because his Hong Kong tweet potentially cost his owner a ton of money. Seeing him take basically the same job in a different organization immediately after "resigning" doesn't change my mind.

This may have been a pre-arranged deal. I already suspected he got quietly fired in Houston because his Hong Kong tweet potentially cost his owner a ton of money. Seeing him take basically the same job in a different organization immediately after "resigning" doesn't change my mind.
Could be although the quotes from Tilman indicated he was disappointed. Strange position for Brand to be in too. He gets an unofficial demotion. I still don’t understand what a gm does under the president of basketball operations. It seems like you do everything you did before minus decision making and getting credit

Brand is probably out at this point. This is the same mechanism the Sixers used when Hinkie was dumped. Colangelos brought in as Chairman of Bball Ops, then Hinkie was let go later. Sounds the owners were giving more input into FO decisions in recent years anyway, ala Vivek, so Brand was probably not even responsible for all their moves the past couple of years. I'm interested to see what Morey does there... and does it make it more or less likely for them to trade with the Kings and his protege McNair?

People complain about super teams but has there ever been this many contenders in an upcoming season? It's early yet but The lakers, clippers, Sixers, Nets and probably the Warriors are all loaded with hall of fame level players and have a chance. If Miami can make a big trade they could be thrown in this group too.

Brand is probably out at this point. This is the same mechanism the Sixers used when Hinkie was dumped. Colangelos brought in as Chairman of Bball Ops, then Hinkie was let go later. Sounds the owners were giving more input into FO decisions in recent years anyway, ala Vivek, so Brand was probably not even responsible for all their moves the past couple of years. I'm interested to see what Morey does there... and does it make it more or less likely for them to trade with the Kings and his protege McNair?
I was dead wrong on this lol, Brand signs five year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.