The Wrestling Thread~

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm sitting here watching an episode of SNME from October of 1988. As someone who didn't get into WWF until he was a teenager, after the Mega Powers broke up, can someone explain to me how Hogan was supposed to be the babyface in this feud?

I'm sitting here watching an episode of SNME from October of 1988. As someone who didn't get into WWF until he was a teenager, after the Mega Powers broke up, can someone explain to me how Hogan was supposed to be the babyface in this feud?
Right? (I was just talking about this yesterday!!)

Funny thing though, Hogan almost always worked heel. But he was a babyface.

He eye raked, and back scratched and took cheap shots when the ref wasn't looking.

Oh, and he was totally putting the moves on Liz and abandoned Savage to get squashed.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Long time writer of 411mania, Larry Csonka, passed away last night.

I’ve been reading that from him and that site for many many years... at least back to when I was in high school.

RIP

SLAB

Hall of Famer
What an ending to the Drake Maverick tournament story. Someone started chopping onions when Papa H came out after the heartbreak.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
That was one of the worst Takeovers I can remember.

The camerawork and lighting made Cole/Dream unwatchable (at least the right guy won), I was deflated my guy Priest lost again, Charlotte is completely unneeded in NXT, and Lee needs to lose the title and move up to beat Cole.

It was good and sets up the rubber match which is par for the course.

Not having tuned into the weekly shows, I don't quite get how we got to "GREATEST MATCH EVER" as the gimmick, but some of the old school touches were cool.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It was good and sets up the rubber match which is par for the course.

Not having tuned into the weekly shows, I don't quite get how we got to "GREATEST MATCH EVER" as the gimmick, but some of the old school touches were cool.
Charly Caruso said it to close an interview between the two. Seemed like a completely out of place, but throwaway line at the time.., then they ran with it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Finally getting around to watching Backstage from last night, and I see that they played a portion of one of my favorite promos, ever:

"Who are you, to doubt El Dandy?"

May not have been the best worker but it was a good heel title run.

Youtube TV just went way up in price so AEW may be out of my life soon. I am not going to pay $65 a month to watch one show and empty arena live sports if they even make it through their partial seasons.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Jinder was awesome. His entrance was top-tier. Still think he should have been an overcoming the odds face instead of generic foreign heel though.

it's cool - I just normally know better to check when I am expecting to watch but I completely forgot about that big match Wednesday. (I was more laughing at my self-spoiling by peeping this thread)