2016 NBA Draft Discussion

My guess is Vlade trades Kosta and one or more draftees not named Papagiannis for a starting SG. Kosta is the only tradeable asset we don't absolutely need. I'm against trading Ben. We know he can hit the three and there's no reason he should suck at D.
I'd agree Kosta is likely traded. Gay, too. Too much smoke that we're shopping him for there not to be some truth there.

WTF? Good lord. I think I'll take a vacation from the board for a few days and hope some semblance of sanity returns.
Not everybody subscribes to your 'I trust such and such in the front office, I LOVE THIS TEAM, rah rah go team' mentality. Try to be cognizant of those who question the moves. Fans are fans
Dont ban people for differing in opinion from you.

It's not about drafting a rookie PG to lead us to the playoffs this year, it's about making smart decisions. All of our depth is at SF, PF and C with massive holes at SG and PG. You don't draft an 18 year old backup C with your top pick when you already have Cousins, WCS and Koufos at the position. You don't go drafting a highly bustable Skal when you have Murray on the table.

It's common sense to not stack all your talent at the same positions because there aren't enough minutes to go around. I'm not saying Murray or Baldwin or whoever would lead us to the promise land but at least give yourself a chance to become good at some point in the future.

The Kings would be in the playoffs right now if all they did was poll the fans from the most popular Kings sites on who to take in the draft every year.
Maybe the new front office has a longer term vision of the draft than filling holes for next year (usually a wise strategy). I would guess they chose who they determined were the best player available for the team in the long run (I highly doubt anyone on this board knows more about Papa than they do). Using the draft for any other purpose was likely never the number one consideration. They may not be right in the end, but to freak out on the night of the draft is pretty shortsighted (calling all Knicks fans from last years draft....)

Maybe the new front office has a longer term vision of the draft than filling holes for next year (usually a wise strategy). I would guess they chose who they determined were the best player available for the team in the long run (I highly doubt anyone on this board knows more about Papa than they do). Using the draft for any other purpose was likely never the number one consideration. They may not be right in the end, but to freak out on the night of the draft is pretty shortsighted (calling all Knicks fans from last years draft....)
Except we went all in with draft picks deals/swaps to Philly last year to try and win now. The idea was to sacrifice future picks for the cap space to get vets. Then a year later we used draft assets to acquire projects.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If Divac' plan is to re-sign Rond

o, I hope that he is also planning to package one or more of these rookie centers with Collison to bring back a SG and/or a backup PF.
Pretty sure Skal is looked at as a PF.

Joe Lacob himself is saying they may be ready to move on from smallball now that they made it popular. Vlade is just one step ahead to the next new iteration of the NBA -- 7 footer ball. :p

Not sure why people haven't caught onto the obvious Kentucky/Kentucky/Kentucky frontline thing yet either. These guys all know each other already.