2016 NBA Draft Discussion

so if we picked skal at 13, malachi at 22 and papagiannis at 28 would you be as upset?
Yes, i would be upset. These moves may help us out in the future, but the don't make us any better right now. They may even make us worse. I'm not even sure how we're going to develop everyone b/c with the current roster, there's simply not enough minutes for everyone. This draft to me signals a sign of defeat, as in, there is no hope in the current roster, and we best look towards the future.

No. But you have to let some of these draft picks develop right? There's essentially a logjam in the frontcourt and how is this Papa guy going to develop?
Some of them aren't coming yet and D league. None of the players in the draft (not just the ones we took) stuck me as someone who can come in and immediately help us.

Some of them aren't coming yet and D league. None of the players in the draft (not just the ones we took) stuck me as someone who can come in and immediately help us.
I think Murray would have been the backup to the FA we sign. With DC in trouble, Murray could have been a guy to develop for the future. Looks like the Spurs got him.

Probably but what can we possibly expect to get for them? There is a big hole at PG if we want to take a step at making the playoffs....we going to fill that by trading Koufos for a journeyman PG? Maybe Conley is coming to Sac.
Fans have been playing the what if game for so long. Every time we make a head scratching move we say "yeah but what if we have a big trade lined up" or "what if a top free agent is coming here". Spoiler alert-it doesn't happen. The one "big" free agent we've been attached to is Ryan Anderson, who plays the same position as all the bigs we just drafted. We'd still have to find a starting pg (possibly a backup one depending on what happens with Collison), at least a starting SG (reserve depending on how comfortable we are with Ben and Richardson as backups). So basically an entire backcourt and the bigs taking up space on the bench aren't ready to play.

Not a promising start to the offseason.

Yeah... this just means we're going after a PG in FA or in a trade. Looks like we're stockpiling young talent and looking for vets to come in and start. The thing we should have been doing for the past 3 seasons.

So instead of trading Boogie, which we aren't, maybe the Kings are going to deal WCS. You have to deal something good to get something good. Just a thought. What kind of PG could we obtain by trading WCS? Just spitballing here.
If the Kings dealt WCS today, they would get KILLED on this forum, as they should. Sure I say that without knowing who they would get back, but man, you don't trade WCS. Trill has played great when given a chance and I feel like he's only barely scratched his potential. You don't give up on those players early. He could be special.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So instead of trading Boogie, which we aren't, maybe the Kings are going to deal WCS. You have to deal something good to get something good. Just a thought. What kind of PG could we obtain by trading WCS? Just spitballing here.
WTF? Good lord. I think I'll take a vacation from the board for a few days and hope some semblance of sanity returns.