2016 NBA Draft Discussion

so if we picked skal at 13, malachi at 22 and papagiannis at 28 would you be as upset?
Yes because none of these guys can help us this year and none are a PG. Our roster is overloaded with solid big men and terrible guards and no matter what way you pick the three, you just unbalanced the roster even more.

edit - and Bodgan or whatever his face is isn't going to play this year either.

Skal is a steal at #28. This guy is really talented. He had a poor season at Kentucky, but that's not the end of the world. Hopefully two former Coach Cal disciples Boogie and Willie can lead him along. There's not a huge difference in talent from Marquese Chriss and Skal I'd say.
Skal's problem is he has a hard time playing in a crowd. He really needs to add about 20 pounds of muscle. However, I agree that he's very talented. I'd stick him in the D-League next season and leave him there with a personal trainer. The kid can shoot the ball though, and could turn into a shotblocker.

Very very interesting and even more frustrating draft. Great start but I am confused right now .. can not wait to hear Vlad's comments/explanations ... I hope ... I HOPE ... there is a plan ...

Skal's problem is he has a hard time playing in a crowd. He really needs to add about 20 pounds of muscle. However, I agree that he's very talented. I'd stick him in the D-League next season and leave him there with a personal trainer. The kid can shoot the ball though, and could turn into a shotblocker.
I don't think he will have issues putting on weight. Look at how skinny Hassan was coming out of Marshall, how about Davis?

I HIGHLY doubt Vlade is going into full rebuild mode and will trade DMC.

How long has it been since we have made the playoffs?

What arena are we playing in next season?

Trading DMC would seriously ruin everything we have worked for since he came here. I for one do not want to watch a bunch of rookies fumble and bumble. And I definitely do not want to be a crap NBA team for the next 3-6 years.

I dont know what Vlade is doing right now but I pray its not leading up to a DMC trade.

If it is, I won't go. My seats will sit empty

So instead of trading Boogie, which we aren't, maybe the Kings are going to deal WCS. You have to deal something good to get something good. Just a thought. What kind of PG could we obtain by trading WCS? Just spitballing here.

Ok looking at the draft in a vacuum if we had took

Skal at 13
Richardson at 22
Papagiorgio at 28

it would have been more in line with most mocks.

Can't wait for comment from Vlade and staff.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So instead of trading Boogie, which we aren't, maybe the Kings are going to deal WCS. You have to deal something good to get something good. Just a thought. What kind of PG could we obtain by trading WCS? Just spitballing here.
If we are trading a big, probably Kosta's or Skal.

WCS has been front and center representing the franchise in early summer stuff like logo reveals, China visist, jersey reveal. Don't think he is going anywhere.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Seeing Dunn, Murray, Hield, and Brown go off the board early I actually wouldn't have been upset if we just picked Skal Labissiere at #8. It would have been a reach, but we've had success with Kentucky big men already and he had top 5 talent coming out of HS. We managed to get Skal for $1 million a year instead of $2.5 million a year and stashed 3 other players in the process. It was a weird circuitous route to get there, but not a disaster in the end. I still would have liked Luwawu or Noel more, but eh. At least we didn't draft Wade Baldwin. ;)