Kings free agency, part 3

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
They got Jordan, a massively overrated defender, for his defense. At the max. Losing Tyson Chandler, a greatly underrated roleplayer who cost half as much. One fourth of their cap will be consumed by a glorified roleplayer.

They have to start thinking beyond the Dirk era. Dirk is declined to the point where he won't lead them anywhere. So they HAVE to get a better PG for this to work. Losing Ellis means they have zero perimeter creativity on the roster. Jordan is an offensive pylon without someone feeding him easy shots.
DA isn't massively overrated as a defender. He's the best big defender available this year in free agency. Gasol isn't leaving Mem.

Then you bring up losing Chandler while also saying Dal should think beyond Dirk, while ignoring Chandler will be 33 before the season tips off. This is a move to get a younger Chandler. You're also apparently unaware Dal is going to have a ton of cap space next year and are planning to go hard after Durant. As Cuban just said, this isn't just for this coming season, these moves are to create a foundation for the future, along with their cap space next year.

Will Moreland be participating in SL? Can't wait to see him and WCS protecting the paint, and both can guard guards off the pick'n'roll. Should be a good defensive SL team.

Will Moreland be participating in SL? Can't wait to see him and WCS protecting the paint, and both can guard guards off the pick'n'roll. Should be a good defensive SL team.
Yep, here's our roster for Vegas

James AndersonGOklahoma State
Sim BhullarCNew Mexico State
Willie Cauley-SteinCKentucky
Duje DukanFWisconsin
Corey HawkinsGUC Davis
Ian HummerFPrinceton
C.J. LeslieFNC State
DeAndre LigginsGKentucky
Shaquielle McKissicFArizona State
Eric MorelandF/COregon State
Alex OriakhiFMissouri
Juwan StatenGWest Virginia
David StocktonGGonzaga
Julyan StoneGUTEP
David WearFUCLA

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's on the SL roster. With Stauskas gone it's essentially Moreland, Trill, Anderson and a bunch of long shots including Liggins who intrigues me. Still I want to see how those two long, athletic defenders do playing side by side.

Koufos, Bargnani (as an occasional stretch 4) Casspi, Miller and a bargain wing defender (Liggins) and/or shooter (James Jones) would make for a nicely balanced roster.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Yep, here's our roster for Vegas

James AndersonGOklahoma State
Sim BhullarCNew Mexico State
Willie Cauley-SteinCKentucky
Duje DukanFWisconsin
Corey HawkinsGUC Davis
Ian HummerFPrinceton
C.J. LeslieFNC State
DeAndre LigginsGKentucky
Shaquielle McKissicFArizona State
Eric MorelandF/COregon State
Alex OriakhiFMissouri
Juwan StatenGWest Virginia
David StocktonGGonzaga
Julyan StoneGUTEP
David WearFUCLA
Wonder if Gudaitis is coming over to play.....he looks intriguing on his draftexpress tape.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'm not sad for the Blazers they killed it this off season. They are 90% of the way to a strong rebuild. Tons of young talent at almost every position possible.
I wish they had kept Rondae, I don't go to many games but he is a favorite of mine, but they have basically rebuilt successfully twice in the time we've fell off the earth so it won't surprise me if they are playoff contenders again in 2 or 3 seasons. Their division is the easiest in the West though.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The Blazers lost 4 out of 5 starters from last years playoff team....at least they don't beat around the bush and try to patch work things. Their front office knows what a proper rebuild consists of because let's be honest...they just recently got done rebuilding after the Brandon Roy/Greg Oden saga and here they are again. I'll be interested to see how they build around Dame.

Aldridge's championship window with the Spurs might be one season IMO...Duncan and Ginobili seem to be on their last leg and Tony isn't too far behind.

Dallas is going to be more defensively oriented this season? I wonder how that's going to work out for them.

I like the fact that Vlade was willing to throw money Harris' way...young player that's been getting better every season. But if I was a him, I'd rather stay in Florida too.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
He's on the SL roster. With Stauskas gone it's essentially Moreland, Trill, Anderson and a bunch of long shots including Liggins who intrigues me. Still I want to see how those two long, athletic defenders do playing side by side.

Koufos, Bargnani (as an occasional stretch 4) Casspi, Miller and a bargain wing defender (Liggins) and/or shooter (James Jones) would make for a nicely balanced roster.
Keep your eye on Hawkins. He's a lights out shooter. Too bad he's only 6'2". He hit almost half of the three's he took last season.

K

KingMilz

O'Quinn signing for 4 yrs at 16M....pretty good bargain there compared to the Baynes 7M per year deal.....don't get that still.
Damn literally everyone I wanted so far is off the table, don't think the Suns will be dumping the other Morris either now since the LMA signing to the Spurs. Yeah that deal is great for the Knicks.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Thomas Robinson and Kyle O'Quinn were the two bigs I wanted. We easily could have signed them -- Robinson got 1.1 million a year and O'Quinn got 4 million a year. I don't know why we keep chasing wings with big money deals when our frontcourt is seriously empty right now.

Thomas Robinson and Kyle O'Quinn were the two bigs I wanted. We easily could have signed them -- Robinson got 1.1 million a year and O'Quinn got 4 million a year. I don't know why we keep chasing wings with big money deals when our frontcourt is seriously empty right now.
Because George Karl?

K

KingMilz

This is completely out of left field but is Emeka Okafor still alive? He has not played for 2 years I think I wonder if he can still play and could come back "fresh"'