Get Cousins, Rudy & Ben to the NYC All Star Game

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The closer the all star game gets the more I doubt Boogie being on the reserves. Marc Stein just published his list and it didn't even mention Cousins. But yet he advocates for Korver over Wade.. almost.

Ridiculous.
Oh, he mentions Cousins several times.

Under Frontcourt, Wildcards, and his first toughest omission.

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/3509/who-deserves-to-be-all-star-reserves

His general stance is that Cuz making it as a straight reserve depends on Aldridge's health. But if he doesn't he might still make it as the Commissioner's Kobe replacement. If he doesn't get in this Thursday, everybody NEEDS to take to the twitter/facebook/whatever verse you belong to stress that Boogie deserves that spot.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
i thought he was referring to Cousins having his coaches back earlier this year, before the firing. like when he restrained Malone from yelling at the ref.

i could be wrong though
Man, I think that may have been what agitated me the most. Malone and Cousins had a truly symbiotic relationship happening. We were seeing what Cousins was truly capable of, and it was absolute hell on the rest of the league. Teams DID NOT WANT TO PLAY US. At the least, they knew they had to gird their loins for battle.
Game plans consisted of, "Cousins? ****."
Now? Not so much. Their greatest defense is our coaching. We have (had,) a franchise talent who wanted to raise Sacramento from the ashes. The bully is on our side. Let's beat people up. Dammit.

I can't imagine head coaches THIS YEAR remembering ancient history with Westphal, and forgetting the mental image of Demarcus holding back his buddy MAlone from getting thrown out of the game.

No, if Demarcus doesn't make it this year, it's not because the coaches think he's a coach-killer.
Told ya so. :p

DMC will make it this year. His production is better than any other big man in the entire league.

If for some stupid reason he doesn't make the team, thing will turn very ugly in Sacramento. Remember what Boogie was like last year when he missed out?! This year he will probably personally walk into the front office and get both PDA and Mullin in a head locks and start bashing their heads against each other until they realize that they are runnign this franchise into the ground.

WOJ reporting that some coaches are swayed to put DMC in the ASG because he showed support for Malone. Perhaps showing his change in mentality.

I don't really buy it because WOJ tends to fabricate dramatic stories a lot (his fact based reporting is phenomenal though). But it is an interesting theory.

Ben shut out of rising stars (per Marc Spears on Twitter). Don't have the nubmers in front of me, but are guys like Burke, Caldwell-Pope, and LaVine really having better seasons?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
There are only eight players per team in the Rising Stars challenge, right? If so, then McLemore may have been jobbed out to the rumored format change moreso than anything else. He may still have a shot, as an injury replacement for Carter-Williams.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ben shut out of rising stars (per Marc Spears on Twitter). Don't have the nubmers in front of me, but are guys like Burke, Caldwell-Pope, and LaVine really having better seasons?
Ben's fallen off this month, but that is still really surprising. Again might be the general dark cloud hanging over us having some effect there.

As far as "better"? Well, Burke puts up bigger raw numbers, and Caldwell Pope comparable ones, but really Ben is the guy probably built best for long term productivity for a winning team, and he's the only one who's approached reasonable efficiency thus far.

Per Game
McLemore 33.1min 11.7pts (.452 .354 .829) 3.1reb 1.6ast 0.7stl 0.2blk 1.8TO
TreyBurke 32.0min 12.7pts (.373 .318 .810) 2.5reb 4.8ast 0.9stl 0.2blk 1.8TO
Caldwell-Pp 31.6min 11.8pts (.392 .343 .705) 3.2reb 1.1ast 1.1stl 0.2blk 1.2TO
ZachLaVine 22.8min 8.0pts (.405 .266 .811) 2.2reb 3.4ast 0.8stl 0.1blk 2.2TO

Per 36
McLemore 12.7pts (.569TS%) 3.4reb 1.7ast 0.8stl 0.2blk 1.9TO
TreyBurke 14.3pts (.464TS%) 2.8reb 5.4ast 1.0stl 0.2blk 2.0TO
Caldwell-Pp 13.4pts (.498TS%) 3.6reb 1.2ast 1.2stl 0.2blk 1.4TO
ZacLaVine 12.7pts (.479TS%) 3.4reb 5.4ast 1.2stl 0.2blk 3.5TO

Its not an outrage, but it is disappointing. And again, 100% guarantee if we don't scuttle our season and are still being talked about, rather than mocked, Ben would have been taken as a contributor to a .500 team.

There are only eight players per team in the Rising Stars challenge, right? If so, then McLemore may have been jobbed out to the rumored format change moreso than anything else. He may still have a shot, as an injury replacement for Carter-Williams.
I think it's 10 per team, but they changed it to U.S. vs. International.

Brick, in preparation of the online assault that needs to happen if Boogie is snubbed, do you have an updated, ready-to-copy-and-paste rendition of the argument "Boogie is having a literally historic year - it would be absurd to not select him as an All-Star, when he has All-Time numbers"?

One good thing Boogie did over the summer is he got close to a lot of the elite players on Team USA. So he has a lot of backing and support from those guys now and other players are catching on and seeing the other side (the good guy side) of Boogie as well. He has a lot less enemies this year around the league.

One good thing Boogie did over the summer is he got close to a lot of the elite players on Team USA. So he has a lot of backing and support from those guys now and other players are catching on and seeing the other side (the good guy side) of Boogie as well. He has a lot less enemies this year around the league.
yea basically his only enemies are scrubs that like to take cheap shots or try to get under his skin. Dunleavy, Schroder, JJ Redick, etc.

Oh and of course CP3

Sucks that Ben is getting screwed again by format. First the team dunk contest. Which failed and they switched back. Now usa vs world rising stars vs rookie vs soph. Leaving off qualified usa players for others slightly less qualified but born elsewhere.

Sucks that Ben is getting screwed again by format. First the team dunk contest. Which failed and they switched back. Now usa vs world rising stars vs rookie vs soph. Leaving off qualified usa players for others slightly less qualified but born elsewhere.
Reminds me of Gerald Wallace, at least for the dunk contest. He makes it in, and they do a terrible Spin the Wheel format.

Today is the day.....

DeMarcus Cousins gets selected to his 1st NBA all star game. I just know it.
The argument against it is so hard to make.

But NBA coaches are almost as dumb as NBA fans. The media is fairly overwhelming on Boogie's side. The numbers are too staggering.

Durant will make it. And he shouldn't. That might be boogie's spot.

I find myself hopeful today though.

Sam Amick picks Boogie.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/allstar/2015/01/28/all-star-reserves-preview/22474983/

Last edited: