Malone fired

Sacramento in the early 2000's still is the best example of what a fast pace offence can be.

That team was lead by Webber and Vlade. Niether one of those guys were track stars. DMC has some of the, if not the best hands in the game. He can't exactly outrun the defense but he can definitely drop dimes and outlet passes with the best of em. poopoo, I don't know, just trying to be positive. This sucks.
They weren't track stars, but they were good in transition basketball. Cousins doesn't transition well, and constantly doing so wears him out.

But here's the other thing: Cousins is far and away better than those guys in the low post. Other teams don't want to face Cousins in the low post in half court situations. They actively zone the Kings just to avoid that. If the Kings play a style that removes that element by consequence, then every other coach in the NBA is celebrating.

Jason JonesVerified account‏@mr_jasonjones

Pete said Kings have "pieces" to be a running team.

Corbin said team needs to figure out how to integrate Cousins into the faster style.

The only organization in the league that actively AVOIDS the strongest part of its team.
Sweet Jesus, am I more qualified to be the GM than these guys?! You have the most dominant, low post player in a generation. A dying breed. Unquestionably among the rarest commodities on the current NBA landscape. You don't "figure out how to integrate [him] into the faster style." You find ANY combination of players that open the lane and laugh as he destroys anything and everything that gets in his way. It's not like this is rocket science. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS ALREADY SHOWING US HE COULD DO. You put a saddle on him and ride him to the playoffs, and anybody and everybody that helps him in that quest is an asset.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Just watch his war room video. He basically punked the rest of the FOs into agreeing with him that Nik is the pick. You can just tell in everyone's body language.
I'm not extremely comfortable with Vivek. I think he glad-hands his people too much and after a while it feels a bit creepy and not terribly sincere.

That said, I do not agree with the popular theory that he overrode his entire front office on the Stauskas pick based on a highly-produced video. I think it's far more likely that he got sold by the FO on Stauskas during the pre-draft work and was just schoolboy-excited that the guy they sold him on was still available. That's what it looks like to me.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member

Corbin said team needs to figure out how to integrate Cousins into the faster style.

The only organization in the league that actively AVOIDS the strongest part of its team.
When Jason Jones (of all people) calls you out, tells you that you are doing a poor job and is 100% right in his criticism, that has to be some kind of low for the Kings franchise.

Sacramento in the early 2000's still is the best example of what a fast pace offence can be.

That team was lead by Webber and Vlade. Niether one of those guys were track stars.
Very true. And I think this type of fast pace offense is what the FO is hoping to accomplish. There was even a quote from PDA (if I am not mistaken) referencing the old Kings Team for this kind of offense.

It is not as if the team will run at every break or all the time. Even the Phoenix Suns team by D' Anthony was not able to do that. To those who think otherwise, come on guys - where are those basketball IQ's in our heads?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jason JonesVerified account ‏@mr_jasonjones

Pete said the Kings want to give the fans a style of play reflects the city, referred to Webber days

Is Pete confused?
Pete needs to stop acting like he knows this city and this fanbase. Give me a coach who cares and has a clue, an owner who wants to spend money and let basektball minds make basektball decisions, and a team with passion.

And we also need to stop wishing we can go back to the glory days. That was the team i fell in love with and that is the team that made me like basektball in the first place. But this is a new time, and a new team, with a different skill set. Why not play off our strengths instead of channeling a team from 15 years ago.

Jason JonesVerified account ‏@mr_jasonjones

Pete said the Kings want to give the fans a style of play reflects the city, referred to Webber days

I heard that too. Media should have asked, "how many championships did he win here?" Then they should have asked, "why not stick with Malone plan pointing towards small market San Antonio way that has won 5 NBA championships since 1999?

Is Pete confused?

Really though if these scumbags lied and said the whole team was told ahead of time, and yet Cousins actually found out via twitter. I just... Wow. Did they think that we wouldn't find something like that out? That's insane.

I have never heard of anyone or anything being resurrected from the past. The past should stay in the past. The Webber days are gone that ain't coming back. The fact that PDA is so focused on that drives me insane. Different personnel, different time period, different everything!