Malone fired

Welp, ownership group just lost any goodwill they built with fans about us being on track to being a playoff team. Most reasonable fans recognized that while the team was still flawed, we had a decent core emerging as well as a top 10 player in the NBA who liked his coach and the city. We were heading in the right direction.

This move had better work or all the good PR goes out the window

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I wish the fans would make their voices heard at the next game, but you don't normally see any sort of organized protest on these things.
If I lived closer you I would come out and you WOULD hear me. I'd chase Mullin and his little disciple right out of the building. ****ing smallball loving never won a ****ing thing in their entire career wusses. Get the **** back to your loser franchises with your loser pretty boy gutless philosophies. You're not welcome here anymore. Scram insects.

Vinny did wonders holding back Blake and DJ from there potential. Maybe he could do the same for Cousins before his career takes off.................
He also didn't get along with CP3 and wore out his welcome.

That's an enormous concern when considering the Cuz/coach relationship and that we just fired the coach who had his public backing since day one.

I feel for malone if he stayed 1 more year in GS he'd be coach of the year this year and running circles around us for the next 10year. Matter fact Malone did us a favor. He had an offer from the clippers but chose us out of loyalty to the owner. And we repay him like that I can't get behind an owner like that. Our Dleague team is ruined and the kings will be soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SacramentoKings

This was the right decision, although the timing is crazy. The organization want to win now, and this sends that message. Our record might be better than we all expected, but it should be better than it is. Once Cousins went out, it was clear that his coaching decisions were questionable at best, especially his rotations. He is responsible for a lot of the losses in which we could have won. Ultimately PDA noticed the same horrible coaching that was being displayed, and instead of dragging it out, they just pulled the trigger. It took nerve but like I said, it sends a message to the players. Mediocrity is not acceptable, and unfortunately Malone was the epitome of that. Now if we can only do something about Sessions and JT.....

No one should have been on the ****ing Hot seat!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what's so unbelievably stupid. Malone's not perfect. PDA's not perfect. This team's not perfect. But hell, we played quality basketball against quality opponents in November and came out 9-5. Very easily could have been 11-3, 12-2 if we didn't choke games away due to us being a young team. But guess what? Long-term, those losses don't matter because teams need to learn how to win.

I just don't get it. I've felt PDA and Malone have both done a nice job putting a roster together with limited assets and a limited amount of time. And we actually have money next summer to go get that next piece/pieces to improve depth.