IT = Rumor of 3/24 offer from Pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Just because they put on a dog and pony show with the pictures (which everybody is doing for every free agent right now) doesn't mean they're about to overpay him. Of course this wows his lady who surely isn't parcel to the contract talks but oh wow.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Does that mean Cousins and Gay are on the block? Standard coach talk, I cannot envision this team going away from Cousins/Gay iso ball, thats what they are, lets just hope they trust their teammates and get others involved.
LOL. Yeah, I'm sure Malone was talking about DMC and Rudy.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
He is gone and knowing him he will absolutely make sure to KILL us everytime. You can tell he feels extremely disrespected.
Yep. people have made that claim about a few ex-Kings over the years, but until Tyreke last season we really hadn't seen it. Guys like Peja or Kevin just don't have that ego/killer instinct thing. Bibby might have, but he was washed up. IT though is an obvious candidate.

Now the one thing is, as much as I have been arguing that it was obvious he was gone for a week now, its still not up to him. Bit of an empty threat IMO, but nonetheless, our call.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Guess you didnt catch the sarcasm, but he was talking about the whole team, Everyone, not 1 guy, everyone needs to look to teammates more and make the extra pass.
Actually, I thought he was talking about the whole team. And you're right - I totally missed the sarcasm. I hate being part of a dispute about one of our Kings. This time around is almost as bad as the Peja-Webber debacles. I'll be really glad when the whole issue is settled one way or the other.

Kool-Aid? This board seems more like a cult demeaning IT more than anything, and anyone outside of that thinking(IT is a me first midget chucker, gets insulted and portrayed as a joke with no knowledge of basketball) . There are probably 2 or 3 of us that ever say anything positive about IT. I never say he is a perfect player, he isn't the best PG in the league, his future on a playoff team is as a sixth man type, he has flaws, he has strengths, I like his fire, his work ethic, his toughness. We could be better without him if other factors come to fruition, we will be much worse without him if those same factors don't come to fruition and we are left with Gay and Cousins iso ball with no player or ball movement. IT detractors making themselves as the victims though?(at least on this board, outside of here IT gets tons of respect from the Kings fanbase).
Fantastic post. It's funny, I came on and saw the usual crew going right after my post. If you don't think IT is a selfish chucker who hurts the team, you're just an "IT jocker/fanboy" with no knowledge of the game of basketball whatsoever.

This is literally the only place on the internet that feels the need to bash and demean IT and anyone who dares to post something of support for him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey guys - We have no beef with STR. It's policy around here not to discuss or demean other BB or Kings sites. It's been that way for a very long time. You're here to talk about the Kings. If you go there, that's fine too. Just leave our stuff here and their stuff there.

Thanks.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Hey guys - We have no beef with STR. It's policy around here not to discuss or demean other BB or Kings sites. It's been that way for a very long time. You're here to talk about the Kings. If you go there, that's fine too. Just leave our stuff here and their stuff there.

Thanks.
That's not going to stop me from bashing Bleacher Report

The only place on the internet? o_O Are there lots of sites on the internet that discuss Kings basketball?
I only post here but I browse SactownRoyalty, Realgm, and reddit/r/nba for my basketball/kings fix. This is the only place where IT is viewed in such a negative way by its fanbase. Thats not to say there are detractors in those other places, but here IT "supporters" can be counted on one hand if that, where in the other spots the detractors are the minority by a landslide.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I only post here but I browse SactownRoyalty, Realgm, and reddit/r/nba for my basketball/kings fix. This is the only place where IT is viewed in such a negative way by its fanbase. Thats not to say there are detractors in those other places, but here IT "supporters" can be counted on one hand if that.
See, and this is what irritates the crap out of me (only using your post because you stated it so succinctly). I don't view IT negatively. I do view him as less than the ideal starting PG of the future. Unfortunately, when some go so far to one extreme in praising all things IT, it seems only natural to try and bring it back to the middle.

Things I like about IT:
His heart
His energy
His drive to be the best he can be
His tenacity

Things I don't like about IT:
His lack of team vision
His height (I'm sorry but I'm being honest - and as a short person myself I know it's unfair to judge someone by height. But I'm a retired woman, not an NBA player)
Some of his fans
The holes in his game that I think prevent him from being an adequate starting PG

I want to see once more before I die a group of Kings players that will take my breath away. IT might be the 6th man on a team like that, but I do not envision him in the starting five. Does that mean I hate him? Nope. Does that mean I view him in a negative light? Nope again. It means simply that I think his game is better suited for a bench role...and I'm not going to apologize for that.

Got off of work late and was doing some random browsing when I stumbled upon this. I usually don't look much into player +/-, it can be a deceptive stat, but taken over a course of a full season it does somewhat paint an accurate picture. Isaiah was the only Sacramento King to finish with a positive +/- last season.
Isaiah was a + 30 for the season, the best on our team, Gay was a -9, DMC was a -17, Ben was the worst at -206(which is right near the worst in the league). Here are the stats if you guys want to play around with them, interesting stuff.

Got off of work late and was doing some random browsing when I stumbled upon this. I usually don't look much into player +/-, it can be a deceptive stat, but taken over a course of a full season it does somewhat paint an accurate picture. Isaiah was the only Sacramento King to finish with a positive +/- last season.
Isaiah was a + 30 for the season, the best on our team, Gay was a -9, DMC was a -17, Ben was the worst at -206(which is right near the worst in the league). Here are the stats if you guys want to play around with them, interesting stuff.
Those are totals for the entire season. Their respective per game averages are about the same, all three with like -0.5ish.

Does his coming into games when we were 20 points down and basically chucking (successfully) us back into the game affect that?

Does his coming into games when we were 20 points down and basically chucking (successfully) us back into the game affect that?
So it doesnt count because he "chucked"? "midget chucked" to be exact. Pretty sure he started more games, Gay trade was in December? Also probably played the most minutes out of anyone on the team.

So it doesnt count because he "chucked"? "midget chucked" to be exact. Pretty sure he started more games, Gay trade was in December? Also probably played the most minutes out of anyone on the team.
It was an honest question that I was asking, I wasn't trying to insinuate that it didn't count or anything - there is clearly value in someone who shoots you back into a game. And again, you go on and on about how you can't praise Thomas without being bashed around here, and all I did was ask a simple question and you added "midget chucked" and whatnot. You can't deny that he chucked us back into the game, and I even added that it was successful. If a guy is taking lots of shots that aren't being set up as part of the offense that's chucking to me, unless you have a different definition of chucking.

Last edited:
Btw, more praise for the great and mighty Thomas from our friends at cowbellkingdom:

Jonathan Santiago is ... wow. I love the argument that even if the rest of the league only offers him a smaller contract it's not because that's what he's worth, but because the entire NBA doesn't recognize his greatness just because IT is short.

Status
Not open for further replies.