IT = Rumor of 3/24 offer from Pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that all of a sudden Phoenix is in the mix of things with them having just drafted a PG and having two more Guards which both had breakout seasons. Phoenix would have some assets to trade us so I would not mind a S&T with the Suns.
They have pieces, but why not keep them?

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting that all of a sudden Phoenix is in the mix of things with them having just drafted a PG and having two more Guards which both had breakout seasons. Phoenix would have some assets to trade us so I would not mind a S&T with the Suns.
A signed-and-traded IT and McLemore (and maybe Outlaw?) for a signed-and-traded Bledsoe?

Can't see that really happening but gotta wonder what PHX is thinking. Having a deep backcourt is one thing but Dragic, Bledsoe, Ennis and Thomas are all PGs. Sure Dragic has the size and Bledsoe has the game to make them combo guards but it's not really where they belong. Can't see the fit for IT in the Valley of the Suns.

EDIT: Especially when they just spent $16 million over 3 years on PJ Tucker.

I'm curious to hear what actual offers there are for IT.

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
Tyler Ennis has not signed his rookie contract yet meaning his rights can be traded immediately as opposed to waiting 30 days before he can be traded if he were to sign. Also I do like the potential of Goodwin and would certainly take Markieff Morris as a PF.....would also look at acquiring Len in package deal where JT is shipped off also. Suns have pieces that could fit that they may move.

Then again, give me Bledsoe please!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Tyler Ennis has not signed his rookie contract yet meaning his rights can be traded immediately as opposed to waiting 30 days before he can be traded if he were to sign. Also I do like the potential of Goodwin and would certainly take Markieff Morris as a PF.....would also look at acquiring Len in package deal where JT is shipped off also. Suns have pieces that could fit that they may move.

Then again, give me Bledsoe please!
BUT Phoenix can get IT without trading with us. They might not want to give up Ennis or other assets and they wouldn't need to if our FO isn't willing to match whatever offer they make. And, if we do make a counter offer, Phoenix could easily just bow out. We are nowhere near in control of this situation.

If PHX wanted to be nice, they might offer a TPE back to the Kings...at the most. But that would be helping out a divisional foe.

I think they'll front load that contract and let the Kings FO squirm. Calculated risk but I think they would prevail.

BUT Phoenix can get IT without trading with us. They might not want to give up Ennis or other assets and they wouldn't need to if our FO isn't willing to match whatever offer they make. And, if we do make a counter offer, Phoenix could easily just bow out. We are nowhere near in control of this situation.
Not that we're in control but they at least have assets we'd like back. Lakers have nothing.

dude12

Hall of Famer
They have to plan for the Bledsoe max contract AND if they really want a chance at Love, they do have to have some flexibility.....no way they front load a contract for IT. I think IT would be part scoring guard off bench, part insurance for Bledsoe's potential max deal.

Such a mis-guided and once again biased argument. If that were the case, we'd let the whole damn team go. Rudy and Cousins were two of the biggest ball-stoppers in the NBA last season. So do we get rid of them too?
Statistically speaking, Isaiah was basically the biggest ball stopper in the league. Didn't he hold the ball an avg of 5.2 seconds per touch while being third in the nba in total time of possession? And we were the worst assist team in the league.

the cousins/gay need more touches argument is bunk. cousins was 3rd in USG% last year. rudy gay was 20th. cousins led all big men in "time of possession" and was 4th among big men in front court touches per game.
You say this like it's a bad thing.

IT detractors making themselves as the victims though?(at least on this board, outside of here IT gets tons of respect from the Kings fanbase).
That speaks very poorly of the fan base then. But not surprising, this is the city that blindly supported terrible basketball for many years. Not surprising they completely overvalue a 6th man at best talent and mistake him for a star

Entity

Hall of Famer
PHX has plenty of cap space and could Use a PF. We could send two players their way we won't get any of their top players. Could hope for Ennis maybe a s&t of Okafor. Although we could get him without it

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Is IT sure he wants to go to a team with two small guards he can't beat out for a starting spot?
IT wants to get paid. That's important here. By NBA standards he has been working for absolute peanuts thus far. This free agency is his big money stab. This is the one that makes him rich and sets him and his family up for life.

IT wants to get paid. That's important here. By NBA standards he has been working for absolute peanuts thus far. This free agency is his big money stab. This is the one that makes him rich and sets him and his family up for life.
I agree on that. He can sign the big money now and if he can't beat out those 2 guys, cry for a trade. :p

This is where you try to pick up a cheap asset or 2. Young guys (like ennis who is out of the rotation) or draft picks.

Things you can conceivably use or package with our less desirable stuff down the road.

I think the Phoenix thing is all just part of the process(they are interested so IT listens), Lakers just seem like the team that would need IT the most.

damn i don't really see anything good we could realistically get from PHX in a S&T
Imo, and I know it's not a fun opinion, but I don't think we're sign and trading IT. Not enough cap space to really play with and whoever inks him knows we're not gonna match.... especially at $8+mil/yr which it looks like he'll get. I think he walks.

Status
Not open for further replies.