Updated Draft and Draft Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denver is apparently intent on being as mediocre as possible for as long as possible. As they are, they're currently a collection of good role players, undersized small ballers, and Javale McGee. Does their front office get a bonus if they pick in the 10-15 range every year or something?
They didn't exactly give up much to get Afflalo though

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They didn't exactly give up much to get Afflalo though
True but Afflalo doesn't really add much to them either. He's a great complementary piece but as the last two years have shown, you can't really count on him to be your main piece and he plays the same position as two of your most productive players last season in Wilson Chandler and Randy Foye, a minutes crunch that's going to be getting even worse because Gallo will be playing there some as well.

What good is Livingston doing for us a starting point guard?

I like him. I'd take him as a backup, but he's never been a big time passer. Never been durable or reliable. Can't shoot. He's an interesting guard with a rare game, but he's not the answer.

If its IT or Livingston I'm taking IT every time.

It would be another round of giving Isaiah Thomas the Jason Thompson treatment. Keep bringing in guys that aren't good enough to knock Thomas off his spot. I have no issue upgrading Thomas, but it better be an upgrade.

Rondo, Teague, Holiday, etc. Livingston isn't that guy.

Rondo seems like a stretch. Livingston is the kind of FA I can see landing here I'd prefer him over IT but I don't think he's the guy who's going to push the team to the next level more of a glue guy.

Lol. TOR may actually flip Salmons for this??

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m Hearing: Toronto in hunt to acquire Memphis' No. 22 pick tonight's draft but would have to take back Tayshaun Prince via trade to do so
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m Potential swap would send John Salmons and No. 59 to Memphis for Tayshaun Prince and No. 22 and put Raptors in range to pick Tyler Ennis

Lol. TOR may actually flip Salmons for this??

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m Hearing: Toronto in hunt to acquire Memphis' No. 22 pick tonight's draft but would have to take back Tayshaun Prince via trade to do so
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m Potential swap would send John Salmons and No. 59 to Memphis for Tayshaun Prince and No. 22 and put Raptors in range to pick Tyler Ennis
Pretty sure most of Salmons' contract isn't guaranteed, unlike Tayshaun's. So they can just release Salmons, they want cap to try and add Pau Gasol.

6.7M is the difference in guaranteed salary between Salmons and Prince...to move up from pick 37 to 22. That's a lot for Toronto. Must be someone they really like there.

What good is Livingston doing for us a starting point guard?

I like him. I'd take him as a backup, but he's never been a big time passer. Never been durable or reliable. Can't shoot. He's an interesting guard with a rare game, but he's not the answer.

If its IT or Livingston I'm taking IT every time.

It would be another round of giving Isaiah Thomas the Jason Thompson treatment. Keep bringing in guys that aren't good enough to knock Thomas off his spot. I have no issue upgrading Thomas, but it better be an upgrade.

Rondo, Teague, Holiday, etc. Livingston isn't that guy.

Did you check out Livingstons man to man defense last year? He can flat out lock a player down when he's on it. He's able to stay right on much smaller players. He was pretty much the lone consistent defender on the Nets last year.

Did you check out Livingstons man to man defense last year? He can flat out lock a player down when he's on it. He's able to stay right on much smaller players. He was pretty much the lone consistent defender on the Nets last year.
I know he can defend. So could Toney Douglas.

Of all positions on the court, you don't start a point guard because he can defend. He's a terrible offensive fit for this roster as a starter. Team's would pack the paint on us worse than they did when we had Evans run point.

Of all positions on the court, you don't start a point guard because he can defend.
I don't hate the idea of the Kings signing Livingston in some scenarios, but I certainly agree here. Defense is on the lower end of traits you need from a PG. Being able either drive and create or shoot is much more important. If you want defensive role players, big men give you much more bang for your buck.

I know he can defend. So could Toney Douglas.

Of all positions on the court, you don't start a point guard because he can defend. He's a terrible offensive fit for this roster as a starter. Team's would pack the paint on us worse than they did when we had Evans run point.

But Toney Douglas didn't also have the same play making skills that Livingston has. Livingston can run a team, Douglas can't. As long as you can shoot from SG and SF you should be alright. In the past plenty of teams have done just fine without PG's who could shoot.

I don't hate the idea of the Kings signing Livingston in some scenarios, but I certainly agree here. Defense is on the lower end of traits you need from a PG. Being able either drive and create or shoot is much more important. If you want defensive role players, big men give you much more bang for your buck.
Tell that to the Lakers with Fisher. Or the Heat with Chalmers and Cole. Or the Pacers with George Hill. Big men can't save a team that allows consistent ball penetration at the rim. They will foul out and get frustrated. If they eliminated the 3 second rule it might be the case, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.