Well, see you in a different uniform next season IT

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
i hope IT gets a big contract(just not from us). he's had a lot to prove with his height, last pick in the draft and in a contract year. he's proven that he belongs in the league.
By all means, let him get the money he's earned. And let him continue his mission to be the "best little man" ever... somewhere else.

Here is a good article about how lack of "SIZE" and defensive ability hurt the Clips against OKC. The whole gist of it is that they should have kept Bledsoe.

I quote: "Let’s say the Clippers wound up on the other side of the bracket and had to face the San Antonio Spurs. Even if we assume that Paul can guard Tony Parker, which he can’t, who is JJ Redick and/or Jamal Crawford going to defend in crunch time?"

Full article: http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/233464/Clippers-Vulnerable-Without-Perimeter-Stopper

dude12

Hall of Famer
Here is a good article about how lack of "SIZE" and defensive ability hurt the Clips against OKC. The whole gist of it is that they should have kept Bledsoe.

I quote: "Let’s say the Clippers wound up on the other side of the bracket and had to face the San Antonio Spurs. Even if we assume that Paul can guard Tony Parker, which he can’t, who is JJ Redick and/or Jamal Crawford going to defend in crunch time?"

Full article: http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/233464/Clippers-Vulnerable-Without-Perimeter-Stopper
And exactly why Sac should take Smart if he is there at 7.... A defensive stopper.

K

KingMilz

Bledsoe while a excellent defender is undersized as well is he not? He's at most 1 inch taller than Paul

Bledsoe while a excellent defender is undersized as well is he not? He's at most 1 inch taller than Paul
Also quoted from the article:

"At 6’1 190 with a 6’7 wingspan, Bledsoe plays much bigger than his size and could match up with the best SG’s in the West in a way that Reddick or Crawford can not. Doc Rivers brought in Redick to play the Ray Allen role, but Allen was a much more multi-dimensional player who could also defend and put the ball on the floor."

I can't say I have seen Bledsoe defend Big Guards. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

What's the max the Kings can offer Bledsoe? 10 million if we don't resign IT?
Bledsoe is one of my fav pg prospects in the NBA. He's just a beast on defense and unstoppable on offense when he gets going. I know he killed the kings this year especially against tiny specimen like IT.
Future all-star pg kings need.

Bledsoe
Ben Mac
Gay
Vonleh
Cousins

Or Embiid if we get too 3

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
If Gay does not opt out we cannot offer Bledsoe more than the MLE, because we won't have cap space. I highly doubt that anybody will successfully pry Bledsoe from Phoenix this offseason. He is an RFA and they have cash to burn.

Bledsoe is one of my fav pg prospects in the NBA. He's just a beast on defense and unstoppable on offense when he gets going. I know he killed the kings this year especially against tiny specimen like IT.
Future all-star pg kings need.

Bledsoe
Ben Mac
Gay
Vonleh
Cousins

Or Embiid if we get too 3
Nothing is Gay is on the roster. Only way us not resigning gay/IT I think we would have 14mil left then offer that to Bledsoe but I think Pheonix matches. Unless they believe Dragic is better and let bledsoe walk and sign Gay or Monroe with the plan of signing Dragic next year.

Can the Kings offer Bledsoe one of those poison pill back loaded contract like the Rockets used to grab Lin and Asik? I would like to see Bledsoe on the Kings. Also want Gay to stay on a reworked deal. IT moves on since it is a numbers game.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Can the Kings offer Bledsoe one of those poison pill back loaded contract like the Rockets used to grab Lin and Asik?
No, that type of contract can only be offered to a RFA with either one or two years in the league, before his team gets full Bird Rights. The point of that is to allow a team with an RFA to match using only the MLE if they are over the cap and don't have Bird Rights yet.

Allowing the original team to match with the MLE is known as the Gilbert Arenas provision, but I don't think the contract itself has any particular name. Technically, the phrase "poison pill" is reserved for a different situation, when a player has signed an extension with a big raise, but is still in the low-salary year before the extension kicks in. The original team can only count the actual current salary as outgoing salary, but the new team has to use the average value of the contract. This can make it very hard for two teams over the cap to make a deal involving this kind of player, which is why it's called a poison pill.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
If we can't resign IT for a reasonable contract and have him accept a 6th man role, I am all in for pursuing Lowry. I would like him to lose some weight though, he is way too chunky of a point guard.

K

KingMilz

If we can't resign IT for a reasonable contract and have him accept a 6th man role, I am all in for pursuing Lowry. I would like him to lose some weight though, he is way too chunky of a point guard.
I really doubt Lowry comes here if Rudy Gay is here, last time they were together in was a disaster and when Rudy left Lowry played like a top 5 PG in the NBA.

On the title of this thread ....... if IT moves to another team we will see him in another uniform, however, if he stays with the Kings I'll be quite happy and greet him with open arms at camp this Fall.

Top 3 pick - take Parker. Gay bolts, don't resign IT, sign Lowry. Lowry/Parker/Cousins replaces IT/Gay/Cuz. I'd take it... ;)
As I've attempted to calculate before, the Kings should have around $49 million on the books before counting Gay and Thomas, or the 2014 pick. A top three pick makes between $5.3 million and $4.3 million. If the cap's at $63 as projected, that's $10 million or less to work with to sign Lowry, which may not be enough.

As I've attempted to calculate before, the Kings should have around $49 million on the books before counting Gay and Thomas, or the 2014 pick. A top three pick makes between $5.3 million and $4.3 million. If the cap's at $63 as projected, that's $10 million or less to work with to sign Lowry, which may not be enough.
It was mostly tongue in cheek. It's obviously unlikely anything works out like that, for a variety of reasons. Though I'm not sure I'd go too much over 10 mil for Lowry, anyway.

CK: How has your summer been going? What is it that you are working on?

IT: Everything, man. I want to come back a more complete player. I feel I can be one of the best guards in the NBA and I’m going to put in the work to do that. There’s nothing specific that I’m really working on, I just want to get better at all aspects

CK: We keep hearing all the press, but what is it you’re thinking about as you go into free agency? Is it Kings? Is it the best fit for you? Where is it you want to be?

IT: Whatever’s best for myself and my family. That’s all I can look forward to right there, because I’ve never been a part of nothing like that and I just have to do what’s best for myself. At the end of the day, I just want to be wanted. I just want to be wanted for being 5-9. I want to be wanted for being, like I said, a score-first point guard. I want to be wanted. If they want me here (in Sacramento), I want to be here.

CK: Do you think you did enough this season to prove you are a starting NBA point guard?

IT: I mean, the numbers speak for themselves. She don’t think I’m a starting NBA point guard (Thomas pointed to a reporter nearby), but it’s fine. But I just got to keep proving people wrong and that’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to use that as motivation to keep proving to people that I am a starting point guard in this league.

This is no way sounds like a guy who'll take on a role as a 6th man and in no way sounds like a guy who thinks he's anything other than an elite, score first PG. Unfortunately for the little guy, that's not what this team needs. This whole "having to prove people wrong" mindset, which we often saw manifest itself in many games where he put his 1v1 PG matchup above team play really hurts in a team setting, especially one where Boogie and Rudy are reliant on him feeding them the rock. It's great to a certain extent he has this confidence, every pro player needs that across sports, but, how it fits in the team concept is also very important and how IT views himself as a player does not fit with what we need at the PG position.

IT: Everything, man. I want to come back a more complete player. I feel I can be one of the best guards in the NBA and I’m going to put in the work to do that. There’s nothing specific that I’m really working on, I just want to get better at all aspects

CK: We keep hearing all the press, but what is it you’re thinking about as you go into free agency? Is it Kings? Is it the best fit for you? Where is it you want to be?

IT: Whatever’s best for myself and my family. That’s all I can look forward to right there, because I’ve never been a part of nothing like that and I just have to do what’s best for myself. At the end of the day, I just want to be wanted. I just want to be wanted for being 5-9. I want to be wanted for being, like I said, a score-first point guard. I want to be wanted. If they want me here (in Sacramento), I want to be here.

CK: Do you think you did enough this season to prove you are a starting NBA point guard?

IT: I mean, the numbers speak for themselves. She don’t think I’m a starting NBA point guard (Thomas pointed to a reporter nearby), but it’s fine. But I just got to keep proving people wrong and that’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to use that as motivation to keep proving to people that I am a starting point guard in this league.

This is no way sounds like a guy who'll take on a role as a 6th man and in no way sounds like a guy who thinks he's anything other than an elite, score first PG. Unfortunately for the little guy, that's not what this team needs. This whole "having to prove people wrong" mindset, which we often saw manifest itself in many games where he put his 1v1 PG matchup above team play really hurts in a team setting, especially one where Boogie and Rudy are reliant on him feeding them the rock. It's great to a certain extent he has this confidence, every pro player needs that across sports, but, how it fits in the team concept is also very important and how IT views himself as a player does not fit with what we need at the PG position.
CK: question

IT: blurb, "ME", more blurb, "ME"

CK: oh really

IT: yes "ME", all about "ME", thats right pay "ME"

I don't like my pg saying appreciate him for being a score 1st pg. Even guys like Rose, Westeook, and Irving at least say they want to get there teammates involved.
Probably something about them Seattle guys.

Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, IT, all cut from the same cloth. None of them have met a shot they didn't like. Passing almost appears unnatural for them.

CK: question

IT: blurb, "ME", more blurb, "ME"

CK: oh really

IT: yes "ME", all about "ME", thats right pay "ME"
Hmm..

Isaiah Thomas said:
CK: What are you doing here, knowing that you are a free agent?

IT: Show my support, that’s all. That’s all I can do is show my support for the fans that showed me love since day one. It’s not about me, it’s about them right now.

IT: Everything, man. I want to come back a more complete player. I feel I can be one of the best guards in the NBA and I’m going to put in the work to do that. There’s nothing specific that I’m really working on, I just want to get better at all aspects.
Yeah, what a selfish monster, saying he wants to become a better all-around player while showing his support at the City Council meeting :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: