[Game] Bobcats-Kings - 1/4/14 - 7 p.m. PST

K

KingMilz

I personally would rather us win against teams like the blazers. it shows that if we try, we can hang with the big boys.
It could also be that the good teams have no motivation to play a scrub team in the Kings, I personally think right now it's that rather than us playing amazing basketball I mean what good team is going to get up to play the Kings?

I personally would rather us win against teams like the blazers. it shows that if we try, we can hang with the big boys. if you care about draft position, you should rather they lose to crappy teams since that would help our draft position more. also things to remember, kings have mostly dropped back a few spots in the lottery no matter how bad our record was and no matter how strong the draft class is, there is always a chance at drafting a bust. just sit back and enjoy any win we get cuz they are few and far in between now a days.
I honestly think the Kings only try and bring out their A game against good teams. They're known to suck and when we face teams like Miami and GSW, they want to prove something. It's just a shame we can't play like how we play those teams every game. Even if we give up points to those teams, I see the guys always putting more effort into their D, and etc.

I personally would rather us win against teams like the blazers. it shows that if we try, we can hang with the big boys. if you care about draft position, you should rather they lose to crappy teams since that would help our draft position more. also things to remember, kings have mostly dropped back a few spots in the lottery no matter how bad our record was and no matter how strong the draft class is, there is always a chance at drafting a bust. just sit back and enjoy any win we get cuz they are few and far in between now a days.
yes, and there is always a chance that your franchise cornerstone goes down with a major injury. there is always a chance that a tip rather than a defensive rebound results in a victory for the opposing team. there is always a chance that a series of bad calls turns the tide against you. there is always a chance that something will go wrong during a rebuild, during a regular season, during a playoff run, during a fight for a championship...

but you don't construct a basketball team because you think that the wheels will inevitably fall off. you construct a basketball team in the hopes that they stay on long enough for a shot at the title. fatalism is useless in professional sports, and a high draft pick is certainly a worthy component in the tool belt, regardless of the fact that "there is always a chance at drafting a bust."

Is it safe to say the Kings are tanking this season for the upcoming draft? Just beat teams that are playoff caliber so as not too look intentionally tanking and then lose to all the other crappy teams that are lottery bound.

Kings beat Heat and Houston and then lose to Sixers and Bobcats..

Ben is better. No need to explain more. Before you have this great reply saying that Ben isn't that good or he sucks. My response will be that if Ben is playing and is that bad then ray must be awful
I'll close the thought by saying that I believe that Ray is a much more capable NBA point guard than Jimmer is. Give him a chance in meaningful time on a consistent basis and maybe we'll find out. Until then, it's all a wasted guess

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Is it safe to say the Kings are tanking this season for the upcoming draft? Just beat teams that are playoff caliber so as not too look intentionally tanking and then lose to all the other crappy teams that are lottery bound.

Kings beat Heat and Houston and then lose to Sixers and Bobcats..
People overplay the tanking thing. There have only been a handful of true "tanking" stretches in NBA history. As in taking a dive, intentionally losing. 99% of "tanking" is teams playing young guys etc. that will result in losses, but they try to compete, just are undermanned.

And us, come on, no. We're one pissed off group right now, from the coach to the franchise player on down. Unless we are combining supersneaky fictional only tanking with Oscar caliber acting performances by a bunch of guys who have absolutely no interest in losing and hurting their own reps going forward since they aren't going to be here long...no.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Where do you think the Kings should look for a pg?
Boston for sure, Toronto, Atlanta, houston Cleveland for jack as a backup. Better act now about to be a shortage of good pgs in the league. My list

1. Rondo ( I'd take Wallace if need be)
2. Lowry
3. Teague (most unlikely)
4. Lin
5. Dragic
6. Jack as a backup

The rest are not getting traded or I just don't want.

yes, and there is always a chance that your franchise cornerstone goes down with a major injury. there is always a chance that a tip rather than a defensive rebound results in a victory for the opposing team. there is always a chance that a series of bad calls turns the tide against you. there is always a chance that something will go wrong during a rebuild, during a regular season, during a playoff run, during a fight for a championship...

but you don't construct a basketball team because you think that the wheels will inevitably fall off. you construct a basketball team in the hopes that they stay on long enough for a shot at the title. fatalism is useless in professional sports, and a high draft pick is certainly a worthy component in the tool belt, regardless of the fact that "there is always a chance at drafting a bust."
that was my argument against tanking or rooting for the team to lose a game for draft position. are you in favor of doing those things?

I agree. I think we need more of a defensive pass first pg. It should have been Kendall Marshall or Erick Bledsoe, but oh well. Isaiah is the best bench PG in the league no doubt.. and there lies the problem. He's a scoring off the bench player that we're forcing to be a passing pg. IT doesn't make the team better as our starting pg. We need a pg who will help make plays for his teammates and be able to make the overall team better.
The breakaway tonight, with JT open out in front, where IT kept it and then got it blocked, spoke volumes. That's a bonehead play from any player, especially a point guard. That may have been the worst open play of the season

Entity

Hall of Famer
I'll close the thought by saying that I believe that Ray is a much more capable NBA point guard than Jimmer is. Give him a chance in meaningful time on a consistent basis and maybe we'll find out. Until then, it's all a wasted guess
Yep just a guess you have nothing to solidify your belief that he is capable at all. My guess is he is a disaster in practice.

Was at this one. It's simple, we compete with good teams because they don't try. We don't compete with bad teams cause we don't try. This team is horribly dysfunctional. Barking at each other all game long. Pretty much from the opening. I was on the right side of the arena to see the bench.

On the bright side, I was 4 rows behind Mrs. Jimmer. Why hello there. :) Kayte was looking, well, tall. My buddy asked me if he thought little man is as tall as just her legs. Didn't look like it.
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING that has majorly wrong tonight has been Ben's fault. He's playing very nice D if you watch him close. One bad pass, that's it.
Ben played good D. And no one passes him the ball on offense so it's hard to really get mad at him for this one.
I just rewatched it. Looked like Cousins told JT to 'shut yo ass up' because after watching the IT play again it kind of looked like JT may have said something about Thomas under his breathe. Just my translation, who knows. I think thats is what Cousins said, though. Just not sure to who.
It was very chippy during timeouts. At one point MT tried to explain something to Ben and Ben didn't look like he wanted any part of it. And it looked like MT kept barking at him.

This team will make no progress until they get a PG. The play where he didn't pass to JT and got his shot blocked was ****ing bullcrap selfish basketball. He should be thrown against a locker for that. And if cuz was defending that little piece of crap, then we've got a problem.

That little ****er also spent most of a timeout laying into Williams for not bringing help D. When he's so brutally selfish on offense, does he really think his teammates are going to have his back on D? Cause they do not. Its every man for himself out there. He blames everyone else every time he gets beat. And demonstrably and loud, clapping his hands. He's the cancer folks. A tumor that needs to be removed. Thornton and JT as well. All the Ts. Gone, soon, please, they are born losers. Sorry JT, out with the old, in with anything else.

I'm angry.

Ben was the best guard on the floor for the kings. That is, he didn't kill us like the rest.

Entity

Hall of Famer
The breakaway tonight, with JT open out in front, where IT kept it and then got it blocked, spoke volumes. That's a bonehead play from any player, especially a point guard. That may have been the worst open play of the season
It was bad but some communication from his two teammates running with him could have helped.

Yep just a guess you have nothing to solidify your belief that he is capable at all. My guess is he is a disaster in practice.
I liked how he played in the preseason games. That's all we have to go on with Ray having extended play. I liked his skillset in that sample, which is all we have. I'd like more

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Boston for sure, Toronto, Atlanta, houston Cleveland for jack as a backup. Better act now about to be a shortage of good pgs in the league. My list

1. Rondo ( I'd take Wallace if need be)
2. Lowry
3. Teague (most unlikely)
4. Lin
5. Dragic
6. Jack as a backup

The rest are not getting traded or I just don't want.
If we can't get Rondo from Boston, I'd gladly swap IT for Avery Bradley. Which of course, the Celtics would probably not do.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah I'd take Bradley for defense alone although his play making is about same as Isaiah. So yeah
I'm still having difficulty really judging Bradley in that aspect of his game since Boston's having him play out of position with Crawford as the primary ballhandler.

Part of the beauty of having Cuz and Gay is that both are ball-dominant enough and good enough passers that you don't necessarily need John Stockton dishing assists every five seconds. Bradley would just need to know his role and play within himself (think Mario Chalmers, who isn't exactly the best playmaker already.).

K

KingMilz

Good news Sanders and Neal got into a confrontation after there loss to the Suns hopefully the Bucks lose there mind with Sanders and try move him.

Nasty confrontation between Larry Sanders, Gary Neal in Bucks locker room. Neal as he left: ``I earn my money. You should try it sometime.''

Entity

Hall of Famer
I liked how he played in the preseason games. That's all we have to go on with Ray having extended play. I liked his skillset in that sample, which is all we have. I'd like more
Honestly his defense was average but he look lost on offense all the way around. And you just can't play a guy that lost on offense when he is a pg. you can't even get away with it with a big man more than spot min

So average defense and clueless offense. No he shouldn't play at all as a pg. maybe next year

Yeah I'd take Bradley for defense alone although his play making is about same as Isaiah. So yeah
I don't think he would hurt. I'm not too fond of the idea of trading Bradley straight up for IT. IT has tons of value for a backup pg and I think we might be able to get a little more for him. Bradley will becoming a FA after this year. Bradley is the type of defender the kings need.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I'm still having difficulty really judging Bradley in that aspect of his game since Boston's having him play out of position with Crawford as the primary ballhandler.

Part of the beauty of having Cuz and Gay is that both are ball-dominant enough and good enough passers that you don't necessarily need John Stockton dishing assists every five seconds. Bradley would just need to know his role and play within himself (think Mario Chalmers, who isn't exactly the best playmaker already.).
It's weird to because I thought of Crawford as the sg and those two seemed to have switched positions.

I'm gonna say something here that will start riot.. Nope I'm not gonna say it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't think he would hurt. I'm not too fond of the idea of trading Bradley straight up for IT. IT has tons of value for a backup pg and I think we might be able to get a little more for him. Bradley will becoming a FA after this year. Bradley is the type of defender the kings need.
I don't want to be that guy but IT is also a free agent after this year and might demand a bigger contract than Bradley. Now ideally an IT to Boston move would net us Rondo, Bradley, and Faverani but lord knows that's not happening.

K

KingMilz

Problem is he plays defense at the only position we get any defense from right now. He would be an upgrade because of shot blocking but, the attitude and the contract combined is tough to swallow
Sanders can change games on defence Thompson can't

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I would have agreed with that until they made two trades at an attempt to obviously get better right now and are still active on the phones for trades. Vivek said that before season. You are assuming Vivek and the front office minds didn't change.
I predicted the trades would not change our record but were made to improve our team's potential for the future and raid our bench so we were one tweak of IT's ankle to being a total losing team. I assumed they saw that we had a bad team and changed their mind about what the goal should be this year if indeed this is a change. No one knows, do they?

K

KingMilz

Then how does a solid guy like Gary Neal come to the conclusion that "he doesn't earn his money". I'd stay away from him, if we're serious for a culture overhaul
Garry Neal is a blackhole who has no idea what defence is so I'm not sure what he's taking about, it would be like Thomas calling out Thompson.

The culture overhaul won't change until we get players who actually want to win and play defence and Sanders I really think is a guy who wants to win similar to Cousins.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I don't want to be that guy but IT is also a free agent after this year and might demand a bigger contract than Bradley. Now ideally an IT to Boston move would net us Rondo, Bradley, and Faverani but lord knows that's not happening.
We could that. For Thompson, IT, Ben, Thornton and jimmer. If they throw in Courtney lee as well. Rondo, Bradley and lee is a good 3 man guard rotation. Outstanding defense.