Kings vs Mavs - summer league

I don't know about yall, but it's so refreshing seeing set plays being ran. McLemore has run off that baseline screen 6 or 7 times now. Not the most brilliant play, but it's at least something to get the movement going offensively

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Shooting can be a special skill set. It doesn't have to be going to the hoop or being a shotblocker. Personally, I love shooters, especially paired with a C like Cousins. I have seen more off the ball movement with BMac then I have seen from any player from the Kings since Peja and Bibby.

Since you did decide he does not have a special skill set, I wonder how he could become special in your eyes?
Be very hard, and truthfully I have always doubted he would. But obviously the one route up is to be SUCH an amazing shooter that you reach "low special" level. Ray Allen will never be as good as Dwayne Wade. Too limited. But with his shooting being so elite he was better than almost everybody else.

The danger when you get a standard player is if the standard player does what he does at just an average level, or even a good level, you end up with Nick Young. Just a guy, like many guys.

Ben really couldn't have struggled more in his first pro game. Not too significant, he won't shoot this poorly every game, but hopefully he has some good games to get his confidence up.

Be very hard, and truthfully I have always doubted he would. But obviously the one route up is to be SUCH an amazing shooter that you reach "low special" level. Ray Allen will never be as good as Dwayne Wade. Too limited. But with his shooting being so elite he was better than almost everybody else.

The danger when you get a standard player is if the standard player does what he does at just an average level, or even a good level, you end up with Nick Young. Just a guy, like many guys.
I am hoping with him being nurtured properly by the Kings organization, he will grow to be more than average. I see potential in him, but I see a couple major deficits!