Kings vs Mavs - summer league

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Are people going to watch this on NBAHD? It's on at 3 PM Pacific Time.

Don't know why on earth I posted this here.

I've been waiting for it for a long time. Can't wait to see the rooks in action for us, particularly Ben. Though I'd imagine Ray might have more opportunity to shine with the ball in his hands so much. Always interesting but doesn't mean a whole lot. One thing SL usually does is not tell you who CAN play in the NBA, but who CAN'T.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I think young Ben will open people's eyes. Ben is said to shoot like Ray Allen but Ray didn't have a 42" vert. We'll see how that translates to the NBA game. McCallum is probably a first rounder who slipped to the second round because of the school he attended but then many people have said that. Both can fly. McCallum needs experience at a higher level and I am sure will see a lot of summer league minutes.

Can a mod move this to Kings Rap? Pretty, please.

I watch every year, although some years it was difficult to even find the game. Seems the NBA is making more of an effort to air all these games live now. I like it. Also, it's set up like a tournament now which is pretty cool.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I'll be out, but it's on DVR. I'm actually just as interested in seeing McCallum as much as BMc.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I get to watch the first half now, then dinner and a concert, then the second half for dessert. Not really a bad compromise.

Early observations:

1. I see a both a defensive philosophy and offensive philosophy.
2. Offense right now is screens for open shots. Curious to see how it changes for pre-season and Cousins.
3. McLemore is struggling getting through screens on defense, but is recovering quickly.

Last edited:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
For those of you watching the game, please post with score updates and how players, etc., are doing. I'm stuck at work and won't get to watch, so popping in here on occasion is a pleasant diversion.

Thanks!

McLemore struggling shooting and just mishandled, as per the scouting report. McCallum playing solid at PG.

Oh dear Lord no, please let Ben not be badly hurt...

Gutierrez is a pretty good defender.