4. Streets of Philadelphia - Philadelphia

5. Lose Yourself - 8 Mile

My five favorite major professional sports teams:

1. San Francisco 49ers
2. Sacramento Kings
3. San Francisco Giants
4. Oakland A's
5. Pittsburgh Steelers

My five favorite Sacramento area professional teams all-time (split into two posts for image reasons):

1. Sacramento Kings

2. Sacramento Surge

3. Sacramento Attack

4. Sacramento Capitals

5. Sacramento Gold Miners

Honorable mention: Sacramento River Cats (haven't had a chance to follow them yet)

2nd honorable mention: Sacramento Solons (I'm too young)

Top 5 Least Favorite Male Actresses

1. Tom Cruise
2. Orlando Bloom
3. Alec Baldwin
4. Matt Damon
5. Ben Affleck

Yes, I meant actress. America and most of the Western World have stopped producing masculine performers. Mourn for the heydays of Wayne, Eastwood, and Samuel Jackson.

My 5 Favorite College Marching Bands:

1 Bethune Cookman College (Future alma mater!!!)
2.Jackson State University
3.Southern University
4.Florida A&M
5.Clark-Atlanta University

Last edited by a moderator:
My 5 fav. excuses to tell my boss whenever I am late for work:

1. I had nothing to wear
2. I couldn't find my car key
3. I forgot to set my alarm clock
4. I had to stop at McDonald's for breakfast
5. I usually just tell him - "come on I am only 30mins late". Plus, I get there before he does anyway.

My 5 favorite leading men on TV or the big screen:

1. David Letterman (I grew up watching him although I was not supposed to stay up late)
2. Raymond Romano (I love everything about him - he makes me laugh constantly)
3. Tom Hanks (I watched all of his movies and yes even "Saving Private Ryan")
4. Leonardo Dicaprio (He is hot!!)
5. Brad Pitt (Pretty cute)

5 favorite Best Picture winners since 1980:

1 - American Beauty (1999)
2 - Amadeus (1984)
3 - Rain Man (1988)
4 - Forrest Gump (1994)
5 - Fargo (1996)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Five Actors whose accumulated bodies of work I would most like to own:

1. Johnny Depp
2. Kevin Spacey
3. Tom Hanks
4. Harrison Ford
5. Tom Cruise

fav basketball jargon....

1) He's got the bucket.
2) He's no good at the low post
3) Swish
4) Nothing but net
5) alleyoop pass

Why i like them...they're a little silly :)

1)..no he doesnt, the only person who is likely to have a bucket is the janitor who sweeps the floor
2)..He would be fantastic at the low post..his problem is the post and the hoop attached to it is too high
3)..How can you compare a basketball to a pair of curtains or a windscreen wiper?
4)..That's not right though is it? The result is either +2points or +3points. If it was 'nothing but net' it would mean you had to hit the rim to score!
5)..Where did that come from..I see no Alleys, and throwing a ball long for your team mate to execute a flying dunk seems to deserve more that a word which ends..'oop'.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Londonking said:
5)..[alley oop pass]Where did that come from..I see no Alleys, and throwing a ball long for your team mate to execute a flying dunk seems to deserve more that a word which ends..'oop'.
French allez-oop, cry of circus acrobat about to leap, from allez, pl. imperative of aller, to go, from Old French aler, to walk. Thus, in basketball, alley oop is: a play in which a pass is lobbed above the basket and a player jumps up and attempts to catch the ball and score before returning to the floor.

http://tm.wc.ask.com/r?t=c&s=a&id=30787&sv=z6f5372c7&uid=0F7C7F74235B61924&sid=1D0EEF74235B61924&p=%2ftop&o=0&u=http://www.yahooligans.com/reference/dictionary/entries/07/a0210750.html

VF21 said:
French allez-oop, cry of circus acrobat about to leap, from allez, pl. imperative of aller, to go, from Old French aler, to walk. Thus, in basketball, alley oop is: a play in which a pass is lobbed above the basket and a player jumps up and attempts to catch the ball and score before returning to the floor.

http://tm.wc.ask.com/r?t=c&s=a&id=30787&sv=z6f5372c7&uid=0F7C7F74235B61924&sid=1D0EEF74235B61924&p=%2ftop&o=0&u=http://www.yahooligans.com/reference/dictionary/entries/07/a0210750.html
i was under the impression it came from Y.A Title throwing it up to Jimmy Johnson in the 50's. Thats the earlierest ive ever heard the term Alley-oop. I saw it on a segment of NFL Films a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.