Wondering when a trade will go down?

Have always been curious as to why the deals really don’t go down until the last couple of days or even hours.
Is it because of not wanting other teams to out bid us or maybe the teams we try to trade with hope to get a better deal later in the game or from someone else?

Most likely some of a little bit of each. Trade deadline time for myself is one of those times during the year I always watch with hope to improve our team. Since we more than likely will not see a first round pick those days of lottery pick position or the draft this is it besides the off season signings.

I hope Vlade and company have a big surprise for us this next week. I would think some players would jump at the chance to come in knowing they would see playing time with our glaring needs.

A lot of the time people wait for the deadline unless injury makes it paramount. But it's sort of a liar's poker game.

Bunch of people waiting for some of the expected major trades.

I think it would be foolish to not make some trades for us. We have cap space and expirings, at least get something you want around here for next year if you can't grab a first or long term fit.

I just wonder if this AD situation is going to have some effect. If you just look on the face of it, New Orleans has now officially moved into the "seller" category, not of their own choice, but of AD's. How that can affect the Kings I don't know, but I imagine the front office is talking about how to take advantage of it one way or another.
We should be in play as a 3rd team just because the amount of money it takes to match AD's contract. Like the Celtics can get there trading Tatum, Smart and Brown+1st's for AD, but I doubt they'd want to break up their core while they have a finals roster put together. If we step in, take on Hayward, maybe they get the Pelicans to bite on Tatum+ their 3 first round picks this season (we get ours back for taking Hayward).

Maybe thats not enough, but with Ben+ZBO's 17 mil expiring+11 mil in cap space, we have all the ability to facilitate bad money far better than anyone in the NBA.

The Celtics can't trade until after Kyrie's contract expires (unless they plan on moving Kyrie). Because both players are on designated rookie deals and the rules were made so that teams can't trade for two players under such contract.

That said, I have imagined deals where we take Hayward for our pick back. We'd have to know that AD is staying put at the deadline for everyone to bite on this one.

Yeah, it will be a huge disappointment if somthing doesn't go down in the next week. Ben and Zbo dont play for some reason and a SF upgrade is an obvious need.
Im not sure how Hayward is going post injury, or Bostons trade ability status but seeing even if we miss the post season our pick is likely late lottery. Boston might be more willing to deal a protected pick back? but Ainge does play hard ball.

So do we really want to trade for Gordon Hayward? 33mil and 34 mil for next two years?
Would he be that Starting SF that we need for 2.5 yrs?
If he really returns to pre-injury Hayward maybe so
I would want at least our 1st round back
Would Celtics really give us our pick back , just as a salary dump?

I guess it really depends on how he ends up playing

Could be a really great deal for us
or be a 67mil bust over next two yrs

The Celtics can't trade until after Kyrie's contract expires (unless they plan on moving Kyrie). Because both players are on designated rookie deals and the rules were made so that teams can't trade for two players under such contract.

That said, I have imagined deals where we take Hayward for our pick back. We'd have to know that AD is staying put at the deadline for everyone to bite on this one.
So do we really want to trade for Gordon Hayward? 33mil and 34 mil for next two years?
Would he be that Starting SF that we need for 2.5 yrs?
If he really returns to pre-injury Hayward maybe so
I would want at least our 1st round back
Would Celtics really give us our pick back , just as a salary dump?

I guess it really depends on how he ends up playing

Could be a really great deal for us
or be a 67mil bust over next two yrs
I would pass on Hayward. His contract is an albatross and we need a 3 and D Small Forward and Hayward is neither 3 or D at this point.

Plus getting our own 1st round pick back wouldn't be all that rewarding, considering we will probably be picking in the mid teens (i.e. 12-16). And then this board would be non stop debating about Tanking again for the next 3 months. :oops:

I would concentrate on trying to get Otto Porter at the deadline, if I were Vlade.

If I can't get Porter, then try to help facilitate an AD or another trade and get back a first round pick or a SF with upside.

Well like less than 8 days left and before our next road game.
Seems pretty quiet around the nba so far with just a few rumors out there.
So does vlade make a few adjustments or swing for the fence?

Well like less than 8 days left and before our next road game.
Seems pretty quiet around the nba so far with just a few rumors out there.
So does vlade make a few adjustments or swing for the fence?
Trades won't happen until next Wednesday and Thursday. Teams are waiting for their best offer, so there won't be many trades until the day before the deadline.

I still think that the Kings will make some sort of move to absorb a salary and get a pick or young SF back in trade.

We may not get Porter, but I think there is a higher chance we get something like Batum and a 1st round pick from Charlotte for a salary dump.