Why doesn't the front office come clean about their mistake?

I've been hearing awful stuff about Vivek outside the forum worlds and while I have no faith in one of the sources, the person is regularly credentialed to shoot games on the court so he may have access to people that do actually know things. Everything from the routine FO missteps we talk about here to the way the players off court lives are being (mis)managed. I really don't want to believe it and I hope that as much truth there is to it can be explained by naivety curable by a disaster like what we're currently experiencing.
PDX-- curious about bolded... any stories about that, rumors even?

PDX-- curious about bolded... any stories about that, rumors even?
The rumor that really struck me as bizarre, a potential disaster waiting to happen and something that would cause players to want out of town was that players were being forced to cut drivers and bodyguards as part of an overall entourage reduction program.

I have no idea if it is true. I have no idea why it would be made up either.

The rumor that really struck me as bizarre, a potential disaster waiting to happen and something that would cause players to want out of town was that players were being forced to cut drivers and bodyguards as part of an overall entourage reduction program.

Wow.

How does that makes sense?

I can understand trying to cut down when some players have too big of a posse following them around, like Bibby and Team Dime were famous for but drivers and bodyguards? What the hell would you want to cut down on that for? That's player safety. What's next, chefs and personal trainers?

Maybe you can expand since you've heard some things but the impression I'm getting is there's far too much micromanaging under this regime and they're trying to be different just for the sake of being different.

Can't really expand beyond that. And is it an organizational philosophy? Punishment? I have no idea, if it's even true. I hope that it's not, or that it was quickly reversed. But when you hear about low morale it kind of gives credence to these things.

Can't really expand beyond that. And is it an organizational philosophy? Punishment? I have no idea, if it's even true. I hope that it's not, or that it was quickly reversed. But when you hear about low morale it kind of gives credence to these things.
It's also something that may be take out of context. Since you don't know if it's true or not, it's hard to know the details. Was it one or a couple bad apples (abusing a good thing) that caused trouble for everyone or something more sinister? (not asking for an answer)

Maybe you can expand since you've heard some things but the impression I'm getting is there's far too much micromanaging under this regime and they're trying to be different just for the sake of being different.
Don't know but I could easily see that, thinking what's good for one is good for all. One lifestyle fits all sort of thing. If so, I wouldn't like that.

G

GQ_Gabriel

I disagree with the concept of this thread, on many levels.

I'm sure everyone here is employed. On occasion, everyone everywhere will, at times, fail at what they do, or at least not perform up to standard. Bottom line is, nobody in this world is perfect.

Our front office has proven that they will take whatever measures are necessary in order to bring back winning basketball to this city. They've taken risks, granted, not all have worked out. Every decision every move every transaction has been carefully executed with the intention of making this basketball team better.

I'm sure everyone here is employed. On occasion, everyone everywhere will, at times, fail at what they do, or at least not perform up to standard. Bottom line is, nobody in this world is perfect.

Our front office has proven that they will take whatever measures are necessary in order to bring back winning basketball to this city. They've taken risks, granted, not all have worked out. Every decision every move every transaction has been carefully executed with the intention of making this basketball team better.
point of fact: they have not. thus far, the front office has only proven that they're deeply inexperienced stumble-bums. this is the nba; you don't get an "A" for effort. the "measures" that the kings' decision-makers have taken this season betray a rather startling lack of foresight, as well as an alarming lack of legitimate basketball acumen...

just as the team was beginning to develop a winning culture under mike malone, the kings fired him without an adequate replacement lined up. that doesn't strike me as a move that constitutes a necessary measure "in order to bring back winning basketball to this city." the firing of mike malone was predicated on philosophical difference, and clearly was not a measure of necessity. after all, what team needs to fire a head coach 24 games into a season in which he was mining tangible results from a limited roster, particularly when the decision-makers are unsure of themselves and indecisive about what constitutes the "right" coach for this team? again, it betrays a rather startling lack of foresight, as well as an alarming lack of legitimate basketball acumen...

had the front office lined up george karl to take over as head coach in the week after they fired mike malone, rather than allegedly communicating to demarcus cousins that karl wasn't the right coach for this team, only to pursue karl eight weeks into a team-wide implosion and a pitchfork-wielding fan exodus and a massive media firestorm, i might be inclined to agree with you, but the dam-bursting leaks we've witnessed during these last eight weeks strike me as concrete evidence that we're dealing with a group of deeply inexperienced stumble-bums, and not an earnest group of intelligent individuals who's mistakes can be shrugged off with the cliched sigh of "nobody's perfect"...

yes, hiring karl as a replacement for tyrone corbin could be fairly considered a step in the right direction, but it has only occurred in the aftermath of this organization taking two godzilla-sized steps backward. karl should be able to stabilize the kings' on-court product in the meantime, but the kings' decision-makers have tremendous work ahead of them in correcting the way they conduct their business. in my opinion, the new regime must learn what the appropriate "measures" actually are long before they start flailing about like amateurs. there's a difference between being smart and being aggressive, after all...

i'm a lifelong fan of the kings, but i'm also just a lifelong fan of nba basketball. that said, i don't mind having disagreements in philosophy over how the game should or shouldn't be played; disagreements in philosophy are important to the forward progress of any organization or institution. but the problem is that i don't believe these jokers when they claim that they understand how to plan two, three, and four steps ahead. i don't believe them when they say that they know what they're doing. personally, i see a group of decision-makers that are as green as can be, a bunch of hucksters now feeling the heat that comes with the responsibility of owning and managing a franchise that is beloved by its fanbase...

Dude, you said this Friday. 5 days ago.

"Excuse my language, but I've had it with this FO.

PDA can kiss my ass. He is nothing more than a yes man. A 3rd grader can run this team better."

Pick a side. Stick with it.

G

GQ_Gabriel

Dude, you said this Friday. 5 days ago.

"Excuse my language, but I've had it with this FO.

PDA can kiss my ass. He is nothing more than a yes man. A 3rd grader can run this team better."

Pick a side. Stick with it.
I made that statement out of pure frustration, and my thoughts are not accurately reflected by this ill-mannered remark. I presumably made that statement after another difficult loss, and I managed to misguide by anger. By no means were my intentions to direct such offensive remarks towards our front office. Running a basketball franchise is undoubtedly a daunting task, and I have all of my faith and support behind Pete and Vivek.

I think the FO hiring of Coach Karl is pretty much an admittance that they made a mistake.

1) They thought the Kings Fans would just go along with firing Coach Malone, with no real planned replacement, after the best start the team has had in a decade. Wrong.

2) They thought Coach Corbin would fill in and do the same if not better job as Malone. Wrong again.

3) They thought the good will with keeping the Kings in Sacramento with a new arena, would automatically get fans to buy tickets and season tickets. Wrong again.

4) They thought they would receive a mulligan until the summer, where they could conduct a lengthy coaching search. Wrong again.

What this Coach Karl hiring shows me is:

1) The FO does listen to the Fans and the Season Ticket holders.

2) The FO is trying to WIN now, but they made a bunch of rookie mistakes in trying to accomplish that.

3) The hiring of Coach Karl now, is as much a move to make sure he does not go to Orlando AND to show the Fans the Kings FO does listen to the fans in the end.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
point of fact: they have not. thus far, the front office has only proven that they're deeply inexperienced stumble-bums. this is the nba; you don't get an "A" for effort. the "measures" that the kings' decision-makers have taken this season betray a rather startling lack of foresight, as well as an alarming lack of legitimate basketball acumen...

just as the team was beginning to develop a winning culture under mike malone, the kings fired him without an adequate replacement lined up. that doesn't strike me as a move that constitutes a necessary measure "in order to bring back winning basketball to this city." the firing of mike malone was predicated on philosophical difference, and clearly was not a measure of necessity. after all, what team needs to fire a head coach 24 games into a season in which he was mining tangible results from a limited roster, particularly when the decision-makers are unsure of themselves and indecisive about what constitutes the "right" coach for this team? again, it betrays a rather startling lack of foresight, as well as an alarming lack of legitimate basketball acumen...

had the front office lined up george karl to take over as head coach in the week after they fired mike malone, rather than allegedly communicating to demarcus cousins that karl wasn't the right coach for this team, only to pursue karl eight weeks into a team-wide implosion and a pitchfork-wielding fan exodus and a massive media firestorm, i might be inclined to agree with you, but the dam-bursting leaks we've witnessed during these last eight weeks strike me as concrete evidence that we're dealing with a group of deeply inexperienced stumble-bums, and not an earnest group of intelligent individuals who's mistakes can be shrugged off with the cliched sigh of "nobody's perfect"...

yes, hiring karl as a replacement for tyrone corbin could be fairly considered a step in the right direction, but it has only occurred in the aftermath of this organization taking two godzilla-sized steps backward. karl should be able to stabilize the kings' on-court product in the meantime, but the kings' decision-makers have tremendous work ahead of them in correcting the way they conduct their business. in my opinion, the new regime must learn what the appropriate "measures" actually are long before they start flailing about like amateurs. there's a difference between being smart and being aggressive, after all...

i'm a lifelong fan of the kings, but i'm also just a lifelong fan of nba basketball. that said, i don't mind having disagreements in philosophy over how the game should or shouldn't be played; disagreements in philosophy are important to the forward progress of any organization or institution. but the problem is that i don't believe these jokers when they claim that they understand how to plan two, three, and four steps ahead. i don't believe them when they say that they know what they're doing. personally, i see a group of decision-makers that are as green as can be, a bunch of hucksters now feeling the heat that comes with the responsibility of owning and managing a franchise that is beloved by its fanbase...
Ah, mine papa. You spin a wonderful web of words.

I made that statement out of pure frustration, and my thoughts are not accurately reflected by this ill-mannered remark. I presumably made that statement after another difficult loss, and I managed to misguide by anger. By no means were my intentions to direct such offensive remarks towards our front office. Running a basketball franchise is undoubtedly a daunting task, and I have all of my faith and support behind Pete and Vivek.
I'm glad you left Mullin off your list of those who you have faith in and support. You know something?

Dude, you sound like a pod person now.
Taken over by the Vivek/PDA collective.
You are that devoid of reason and self-awareness.

At least your completely-contradictory stance 5 days ago sounds like it came from a place of sincerity and intellectual honesty....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
At this point, you are becoming nothing more than a troll. Whatever your schtick is, you need to stop. Now.

G

GQ_Gabriel

At this point, you are becoming nothing more than a troll. Whatever your schtick is, you need to stop. Now.
The bold red font. :rolleyes:

If anyone here does not agree with my perspective on any topic, feel free to keep reading. I simply post what my opinion is, just like everyone else. What makes me a minority here is that I tend to support the front office more than others. Anyways, I apologize if I ruffled anybody's feathers, was certainly not my intention.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The bold red font. :rolleyes:

If anyone here does not agree with my perspective on any topic, feel free to keep reading. I simply post what my opinion is, just like everyone else. What makes me a minority here is that I tend to support the front office more than others. Anyways, I apologize if I ruffled anybody's feathers, was certainly not my intention.
The bold red font indicates that it's MOD SPEAK and not me, VF21 the fan. What you're doing is far beyond posting your opinion. Either you're trying to be witty and clever and do a parody OR you're a shill for the front office. Either way, that's not what this board is or has ever been about.

G

GQ_Gabriel

The bold red font indicates that it's MOD SPEAK and not me, VF21 the fan. What you're doing is far beyond posting your opinion. Either you're trying to be witty and clever and do a parody OR you're a shill for the front office. Either way, that's not what this board is or has ever been about.
Far beyond posting my opinion? Um.

Nevermind. Understood.

Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused to this board or its' members. My intentions, which I've stated repeatedly, is to be a wave of optimism amongst so much negativity. Being a Kings fan can be stressful, understandably so, however let's stand behind this front office through thick and thin and show the same support that had made us out to be called the best 6th man in the NBA.

#HereWeRoar

Nevermind. Understood.

Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused to this board or its' members. My intentions, which I've stated repeatedly, is to be a wave of optimism amongst so much negativity. Being a Kings fan can be stressful, understandably so, however let's stand behind this front office through thick and thin and show the same support that had made us out to be called the best 6th man in the NBA.

#HereWeRoar
LOL.

Nevermind. Understood.

#HereWeRoar
#Nba3.0ForumPosterPrototype

Nevermind. Understood.

#HereWeRoar
Best 6th man in the NBA is exactly what we are doing by calling out the utter bullcrap that has been this front office, which seems, may include you.

#IfYou'reGettingDefensiveMaybeYouShould AcquireSomeDefensivePlayers

Best 6th man in the NBA is exactly what we are doing by calling out the utter bullpoopoo that has been this front office, which seems, may include you.

#IfYou'reGettingDefensiveMaybeYouShould AcquireSomeDefensivePlayers
heavens, your barbaric language directed towards this incredibly caring, passionate and 1st class front office is appalling. They are destined for greatness and should be carried throughout the streets of Sacramento on our shoulders.