Why bring Sim up if he's not gonna play?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The same thing can be said about Stockton and Wear...I know Wear played a few minutes in one of the past games but obviously Vivek wants to draw a huge Indian audience to watch Kings games with the hope that he MIGHT one day play.

J

jdbraver

Wait, there's something to argue about here?

I think I'm going to start a thread called "Vanilla vs. French Vanilla vs. Vanilla Bean - which flavor is stupid?" and just sit back and watch just to see if this place will argue anything.
You are welcome not to comment but yet you do....

We didn't need to put Sim in the game to lose to NO. I bet we WILL need to put Sim in the game to lose to Utah and Minnesota, and so he will see minutes in those games, and that is the reason.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member

I think I'm going to start a thread called "Vanilla vs. French Vanilla vs. Vanilla Bean - which flavor is stupid?" and just sit back and watch just to see if this place will argue anything.
Hold on. Vanilla beans impart vanilla flavor, so the correct answer is clearly French. That flavor only exists in crapty coffee.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hold on. Vanilla beans impart vanilla flavor, so the correct answer is clearly French. That flavor only exists in poopooty coffee.
Oh, puh-leese. "French" is such a predictable response. The bourgeoisie always blame the French.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You talk like the two have absolutely nothing to do with each other. That is not the path to a quality product of business.
Quite the contrary. The front office meddling with coaching is EXACTLY how the quality of our product was trashed internally this very season.

They called Sim up, they advertised it. But then a real game broke out, with a real NBA center putting up a historic statline in a near win, and there just wasn't time to fart around with a guy with 1 practice under his belt. If it had been a blowout, then much more likely.

This is an absolute non-issue.

There's a simple reason why Sim didn't play against NO - because there wasn't a dead minute when the Kings could afford getting even one more point behind than they were.
The Kings really wanted to win against the Pelicans.
I don't think they care about winning vs the Jazz or the T-Pups, so it's a virtual guarantee he'll get minutes against them.

Well... GERBILS eat beans, so vanilla bean is out

And french vanilla goes with coffee, which affects your heart rate and you might need a PACE-maker, so we don't want that

So obviously vanilla is best... but it is also the shortest name... so is it a MIDGET CHUCKER???

They ALL lose. It must be a conspiracy!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well... GERBILS eat beans, so vanilla bean is out

And french vanilla goes with coffee, which affects your heart rate and you might need a PACE-maker, so we don't want that

So obviously vanilla is best... but it is also the shortest name... so is it a MIDGET CHUCKER???

They ALL lose. It must be a conspiracy!
I hereby declare LPKingsFan as winner of this thread.

sim may or may not receive game minutes as the season winds down, but oftentimes call-ups from the d-league serve the purpose of allowing an nba head coach to get a closer look at a player via practice minutes. george karl isn't going to make the trip to reno to peek in on that sh**show known as the bighorns, but he can run sim through some drills with the kings and decide if it's worth pursuing further...

J

jdbraver

You have a lot of trouble dealing with people who don't agree with you, don't you? So much for having a "discussion" about Sim. It appears that nobody else seems to feel he's a victim. I guess that ends the discussion?
A problem I said it's their perrogative. How is that me "having a problem?"

J

jdbraver

Quite the contrary. The front office meddling with coaching is EXACTLY how the quality of our product was trashed internally this very season.

They called Sim up, they advertised it. But then a real game broke out, with a real NBA center putting up a historic statline in a near win, and there just wasn't time to fart around with a guy with 1 practice under his belt. If it had been a blowout, then much more likely.
Well our ownership has problems. But I'd say the Spurs FO and coaching work together seamlessly.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
To be fair, there's an obvious reason why most of these guys are in the D-League in the first place and not on an NBA roster in the first place.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
The really distressing thing is considering how civilization could have developed in the old world without vanilla and chocolate at all until the 1500s.

I think pretty clearly its the source of all the butchery and barbarian hordes though.
Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?

Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: Crush your enemies cocoa beans and vanilla pods. See them driven prepared before you. Hear the lamentations of their women those without.

Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

Many teams bring up D league players as the season winds down and Sim was brought up for a 10 look at. So what’s the problem? The Kings are not going to the payoffs so if Sim gets in and is prone to turn the ball over, can’t score or can’t keep up with the NBA pace then it is a good time to find out. At 7’6 he reminds me of 7’5 Shawn Bradley of the Mavs year ago. He was skinny as a rail but had the height advantage to score easy put backs, grab rebounds and block some shots. Heck, maybe we’ll see Sim plug up that big hole we have letting small guards continuously drive in for easy lay ups. Maybe we have a bench big who can really help. If not, it’s only for 7 more games. Earlier, I quickly lost faith with Hassan Whitesides. He dropped out of sight for a couple of seasons and roars back as the starting Miami center. Don’t want to make the same mistake here without a good look at Sim.