Who'll be the new villains of the NBA, now that the Lakers are gone?

Geoff said:
Yeah, well, they'll say "forget you" when their ugly mugs stomp the heck out of some pretty boy team. If I wanted to see pretty faces, i'd watch America's Top Model, not the NBA :p
It's all about marketing man. This league is a business. If the NBA believes that a particular team has the pieces to be marketable in a certain way, they'll take the chance and run with it. Now that Minnesota isn't as far under the radar as it has been in the past, it's ugly side can no longer be hidden. This is their break-out year in terms of marketability of their ugliness. If things are done right, they'll be a hated team soon enough.

As for stomping a pretty boy team...I don't like to make excuses or anything, but the T-Wolves barely beat a team that was far more below its potential than the Wolves were. Granted, Cassell was showing signs of injury and Troy Hudson was out, but that couldn't possibly match up to the loss in ability the Kings suffered with a hobbled superstar, its other superstar choking, and its best bench player out for the season. Anyway, let's leave the events of last year where they belong: in the past.

1- lakers for ever, yuck the purple and gold make me sick...:p
2-timber wolves- i dont like stuck up attitude, and to me it seems like the team is getting a little stuck up
3-.....

*Serbprincess* said:
1- lakers for ever, yuck the purple and gold make me sick...:p
2-timber wolves- i dont like stuck up attitude, and to me it seems like the team is getting a little stuck up
3-.....
Re: #2 You can look at the Kings for a team with an attitude.

And as far as the Pistons beating "showtime II"...there hasn't been a "Showtime" team since the 80's. The Lakers of the last couple years was far from anything that resembled "showtime".

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
hoopsfan said:

And as far as the Pistons beating "showtime II"...there hasn't been a "Showtime" team since the 80's. The Lakers of the last couple years was far from anything that resembled "showtime".
I don't think it is a good idea to come to a Kings board and dump on the Kings. Okay, I will simply assume that you meant "the Kings have a good attitude". :p

Good! I certainly hope so. I wouldn't mind if we became the team the rest of the league loved to hate.

As for me, I will always hate the lakers. I have no pity for them, ever.

Die laker scum, die.

G

Garliguy

Why do people think the Lakers are no longer a threat? Last time I looked their roster included Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, Vlade Divac, Caron Butler, Chucky Atkins, and Kareem Rush. Why wouldn't that team win 45-50 games?

With Webber on the floor for us, I don't expect the Kings to win many more games than that.

Lamar_Odom said:
As long as you root for them in situations like last year when the Wolves eliminated the Kings, I'm fine with it. :)
Well, ummm, yes....I may have rooted for the Lakers to kick the T'wolves out but that was the ONE AND ONLY time! I swear!! And then I hated them all over again for not doing it in 4 games...:D

KK!

Kingsgurl said:
Good! I certainly hope so. I wouldn't mind if we became the team the rest of the league loved to hate.

As for me, I will always hate the lakers. I have no pity for them, ever.

Die laker scum, die.
No, I don't want the rest of the league to hate us, that would mean we had picked up that ****ty attitude and obnoxious swagger from the Lake...er...other teams. I want them to ENVY us, I want the Kings in their heads 24/7/365, I want them frustrated because we play better ball. But, I don't want them or their fans hating on us for being ***holes. :eek:

P.S. Regarding this statement of yours "As for me, I will always hate the lakers. I have no pity for them, ever." True 'dat! And except for that momentary aberration of rooting for them cuz I needed somebody to humble KG & crew -which was actually more like cursing the Lakers LESS than normal- I've never had love or pity for the fools.

But I'll always love Vlade...and I think the only games where I'd want him to be humbled or embarrassed are the games he plays against the Kings...or umm, any games that he plays in that might knock us out of our playoff position ...uh... I'm beginning to see your point... :) So, I will root for Vlade to play well in each and every Lakers loss...is that acceptable? :D

Last edited:
1. Lakers (no explanation required)
2. T'wolves. KG showed no class in the playoffs. 1st round against Denver, 2nd round against the Kings....probably 3rd round against the Lakers but I don't remember any specifics. I do remember the crotch shots against Denver and the forearms/elbows against the Kings.
3. Miami (Shaq, no further explanation required).
:D
KK!

HndsmCelt said:
The Lakers are still evil enough for me, but if we HAVE to find a new villian I nominate the Timberwolves. After watching this years play off performance it seemed obvious that in theri efforts to "play tough" they crossed the line into thugery.
HndsmCelt said in one post what I couldn't convey in 3.
Thanks, guy!
:) :eek:

P

Peja#16

CLIPPERS!
Corey maggete owns kobe,tracy,lebron,vince, and whoever else is considered good:p .

Clippers are making the playoffs year I can feel it!

~Peja#16

HndsmCelt said:
The Lakers are still evil enough for me, but if we HAVE to find a new villian I nominate the Timberwolves. After watching this years play off performance it seemed obvious that in theri efforts to "play tough" they crossed the line into thugery.
Ture, I think that TWolves are pretty nasty. Seeing them makes me really sick, especially Cassell...........

As long as the sky is blue, Lakers will be #1 most hated. Following closely behind are the Mavs (as long as Cuban's around), the T-Wolves (bunch of thugs), and the Rockets (T-Mac and Nash just annoy me for some reason).

lakers will always be hated no matter what :)
by the way,
Mavs will be interesting to watch this season. With Nash gone and Dampier in, i think that their game will be significantly different than what we have known it to be for all these years.

Peja#16 said:
CLIPPERS!
Corey maggete owns kobe,tracy,lebron,vince, and whoever else is considered good

Clippers are making the playoffs year I can feel it!

~Peja#16
i say that every year and it never happens

JayBird said:
As long as the sky is blue, Lakers will be #1 most hated. Following closely behind are the Mavs (as long as Cuban's around), the T-Wolves (bunch of thugs), and the Rockets (T-Mac and Nash just annoy me for some reason).
I agree but doesnt Nash play for Pheonix?;)

now that the Lakers are somewhat broken up

my guess for the team thats going to annoy me the most is going to the the Indiana Pacers...i love Jermaine O'Neal but thats about it....and if they have to battle the Pistons in that same division im SURE they will pee me off like no other

I've been thinking about it a bit, and i think the Twolves may take up the mantle if KG continues clocking people all over the place...