Who do you want, if the Kings pick #6 to #8 overall in the draft?

Who do you want the Kings to pick at the #6 to #8 slot?

• Mikal Bridges

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Miles Bridges

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Wendell Carter

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Jaren Jackson

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Kevin Knox

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Collin Sexton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Someone from the top 5 will slide to the Kings, WHO?

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Someone else

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kings are playing hard and not tanking like the other lottery teams.

Odds are, the Kings will probably not get a top 3 pick. More likely that the Kings will be picking between #6-8 (probably #7, if they stand pat) in the draft order.

Most mock Drafts have in some order, Deandre Ayton, Luka Doncic, Marvin Bagley, Mohammad Bamba, and Michael Porter, #1-5.

Who do think will be availabe and who would you want the Kings to pick if we get a pick between #6 to #8 in this years draft?

dude12

Hall of Famer
There are some good guys in that range....wondering if Bamba or Porter slides. Both Bridges are intriguing. For obvious reasons, don't want Trae Young or Sexton with Fox in place although I like Sexton. Also, wondering if during the combine and team workouts if anyone's value rises.

One of the bridges, Porter who probably will slide, or JJ.

I think at least one or two guys will play themselves into the top 5 and I just have a feeling someone is going to reach on Young and probably regret it. So I expect two guys to fall. It will be interesting to see who they are.
I agree that the player most likely to slide is Michael Porter. He would be a steal at #7.

If Porter doesn't slide, I'm taking one of the Bridges.

Either Carter or Bridges for me. Probably a slight lean towards Carter at this point as finding a 5 who does the things he can on the court is extremely rare and I think getting maximum floor spacing for Fox is key to unlocking his potential.

This is my board right now:

Ayton
Doncic
Bagley
Carter
Mikal Bridges
Jaren Jackson JR
MPJ
Bamba
Miles Bridges
Trae Young

If we miss on the 3 super elite offensive prospects in this draft, I want one of the two guys I think will contribute the most on both ends of the court, even if the offensive upside isn't a future #1.

I'd be cool with Carter. I'm starting to wonder if he goes top 5 though.
I think Bamba. Bagley, and Carter will all go up after workouts when they display there shooting abilities. Especially Bamba he’ll have teams salivating I’m good with anyone in the top 8

I think Michael Porter Jr. will be the one that slides. Back surgery that kept him out most of the year and he is not exactly putting on a great display since his return. Teams will be less inclined to take a risk just like they didn’t want to do it with Giles.

If he is there at Kings pick, surely you have to swing for the fences and pick him. Given the extent our medical and PP team are going to rehab existing injury and work tirelessly on injury prevention, I am willing to back them in if they think the back is worth the risk.

Otherwise one of the Bridges. Mikal has the lowest floor but Miles has some star potential. Imagine having Miles Bridges being mentored by Vince Carter next season (who I am hoping we keep next year at least as am assistant coach)

I think Michael Porter Jr. will be the one that slides. Back surgery that kept him out most of the year and he is not exactly putting on a great display since his return. Teams will be less inclined to take a risk just like they didn’t want to do it with Giles.

If he is there at Kings pick, surely you have to swing for the fences and pick him. Given the extent our medical and PP team are going to rehab existing injury and work tirelessly on injury prevention, I am willing to back them in if they think the back is worth the risk.

Otherwise one of the Bridges. Mikal has the lowest floor but Miles has some star potential. Imagine having Miles Bridges being mentored by Vince Carter next season (who I am hoping we keep next year at least as am assistant coach)
I won't count out MPJ yet, one good workout display he will be back in top 5 discussion. Of course provided that he recovered.

If it's between the guys listed above I'd probably go Jaren Jackson, Mikal Bridges, then Trae Young. I do like Miles Bridges especially on the Kings where he wouldn't have to create a ton. I think Jaren Jackson is a cut above all of the other prospects on this particular list.

Where is Bamba listed as a top 5 pick? I mean, I wish someone would take him in the top 5, but I haven’t seen any mocks with him up there in about 7-8 weeks. Well, other than Kevin O’Connor and his faulty analytical models and notorious waffling. If only Simmons was a Kings fan...we’ve got at least 4-5 guys on this site who do better draft coverage than O’Connor. Anyway.

JJJ is not sliding out of the top 5. MPJ will, but I don’t think we need a stretch 4 who plays no defense and has an injury red flag. One of Orlando and Cleveland will talk themselves into Trae Young. I liked Miles Bridges at #10 last year, and still do. I’m not spending the #6 on that guy. He’s another 4 that gets hyped as a 3 at the next level. Won’t happen. Would be great as a 4 on a team like the Sixers that has a lot of length on the perimeter (switchiness). Not a huge fan of his fit for us.

Give me Mikal Bridges. He’s #4 on my big board. Makes our perimeter unit an absolute bear to deal with for the next 8 years.

I think assuming we fall out of the top 5, we will be lucky to get Mikal Bridges. He is a bit slight but no size rules in the modern NBA. Carter I'm still not sure about, Porter Jr. injury is too big a concern, especially with Giles already in that boat.
Ayton
Donic
Bagley
Bamba
Jackson
Mikal Bridges

For the sake of Kings fans that want Mikal Bridges to be available at the #7 or #8 spot, I'm hoping Villanova doesn't make a run to the Championship game. :rolleyes:

Magical runs to the NCAA Title game will create too much buzz around Mikal Bridges and may push him too far up the draft charts and out of reach of the Kings. :eek:

Last edited:
After seeing Bagley in the tournament, Iam locked in. The guy has a serious motor, great BbIQ, and scores and defends equally well. Unfortunately, He probably won’t be there when we pick. After that I would go with Jackson, Porter, and Carter.

I think both Bridges are tweeners. Both will be good players, but I don’t see difference makers.

After seeing Bagley in the tournament, Iam locked in. The guy has a serious motor, great BbIQ, and scores and defends equally well. Unfortunately, He probably won’t be there when we pick. After that I would go with Jackson, Porter, and Carter.

I think both Bridges are tweeners. Both will be good players, but I don’t see difference makers.
Yeah Bagley is now top 3 with a good chance to go 1. Id love to have him but nit happening at 6-8.
Miles Bridges seems a little too fround bynd from whatvive seen. He tried to dumk an imperfect lob and couldn't get it over front of iron. Question his lateral quickness too. Definitely seems more of a tweener 4 than traditional 3.
Mikal looks light for a full sized 3. Maybe my eye is wrong but he looks like a Jamal Crawford sized player who plays defense.
Porter is a huge mystery since he is completely out of shape. Looks like a lot of offensive skills but cant judge his athleticism unt the combine.
Is Carter tall enough and long enough to be a center?
Jackson has all the tools but his BBIQ is in question with how he continues to be overly aggressive on defense and doesnt adjust/adapt to how the refs have been calling him all season.

Really too many question marks atm. With what we know id gamble and draft Porter 1st, then Jackson then Carter followed by Mikal the Miles.

I don't think we draft him but I'm a big believer in Kevin knox. I just see him as a Jayson Tatum type guy where he comes in and contributes right away. Probably a similar ceiling too.

Just speculating, but I don't think you've watched him. I agree he's not a polished dribbler, but he creates his own shot routinely. If he didn't Kentucky prob doesn't make the tournament.
Haha you’re right I stopped watching him in January when I had high Doncic hopes. But I still wouldn’t take him over the top 8

Haha you’re right I stopped watching him in January when I had high Doncic hopes. But I still wouldn’t take him over the top 8
I probably wouldn't either given the makeup of our team. I'm just a Kentucky fan so I've watched almost all his games and know his game the best. He's a really great scorer and rebounder. He does have question marks in other areas, but I think he is a day 1 contributor.

Yeah Bagley is now top 3 with a good chance to go 1. Id love to have him but nit happening at 6-8.
Miles Bridges seems a little too fround bynd from whatvive seen. He tried to dumk an imperfect lob and couldn't get it over front of iron. Question his lateral quickness too. Definitely seems more of a tweener 4 than traditional 3.
Mikal looks light for a full sized 3. Maybe my eye is wrong but he looks like a Jamal Crawford sized player who plays defense.
Porter is a huge mystery since he is completely out of shape. Looks like a lot of offensive skills but cant judge his athleticism unt the combine.
Is Carter tall enough and long enough to be a center?
Jackson has all the tools but his BBIQ is in question with how he continues to be overly aggressive on defense and doesnt adjust/adapt to how the refs have been calling him all season.

Really too many question marks atm. With what we know id gamble and draft Porter 1st, then Jackson then Carter followed by Mikal the Miles.
Word is Porter will go back to school. I am assuming the following will likely be gone by 8 (our most likely post lottery draft spot):
Ayton
Doncic
Bagley
Jackson
Mikal Bridges
Trae Young
Bamba

That leaves us with Carter, Sexton, Miles Bridges and Knox as likely options.

If the Kings' pick lands in this range, the Kings top interest should be Porter.

Porter has the highest ceiling of players that could be available in this range, and not only would he have the highest ceiling, he is a hypothetical great fit with our current roster (big SF/small-ball PF, potential to be a #1 option, can play off the ball, great shooter, excellent rebounder for his position).

I understand how he has looked in his initial games back from an injury that has sidelined him the entire season, but you can't put a lot of stock in these games (unless of course you have a knee-jerk personality) while he is still mentally overcoming the injury and getting back into game shape. He wasn't one of the highest if not the highest rated high school prospect for no reason. He's got a special combination of size, athleticism, and skill.

If the Kings are comfortable with his injury report, I don't see how they wouldn't take him. The Kings need a legitimate go-to scorer (and preferably from the wing). Porter projects to be that type of player. I wouldn't even mind seeing the Kings take the "Giles" approach with him in his rookie season and take it slow his first year to make sure he is fully over his injury. It decreases the odds of Porter reinjuring himself, and in the meantime, he is learning to trust his body and add more strength/muscle to his frame (which he needs to do anyway).

If the Kings' pick lands in this range, the Kings top interest should be Porter.

Porter has the highest ceiling of players that could be available in this range, and not only would he have the highest ceiling, he is a hypothetical great fit with our current roster (big SF/small-ball PF, potential to be a #1 option, can play off the ball, great shooter, excellent rebounder for his position).

I understand how he has looked in his initial games back from an injury that has sidelined him the entire season, but you can't put a lot of stock in these games (unless of course you have a knee-jerk personality) while he is still mentally overcoming the injury and getting back into game shape. He wasn't one of the highest if not the highest rated high school prospect for no reason. He's got a special combination of size, athleticism, and skill.

If the Kings are comfortable with his injury report, I don't see how they wouldn't take him. The Kings need a legitimate go-to scorer (and preferably from the wing). Porter projects to be that type of player. I wouldn't even mind seeing the Kings take the "Giles" approach with him in his rookie season and take it slow his first year to make sure he is fully over his injury. It decreases the odds of Porter reinjuring himself, and in the meantime, he is learning to trust his body and add more strength/muscle to his frame (which he needs to do anyway).
I agree with your analysis but I’m afraid Porter will return to school.

I probably wouldn't either given the makeup of our team. I'm just a Kentucky fan so I've watched almost all his games and know his game the best. He's a really great scorer and rebounder. He does have question marks in other areas, but I think he is a day 1 contributor.
I think Knox can surprise in the NBA. Of the possible SF in the #6-8 range, he has the most prototypical size for an NBA SF (unless Porter slips to us).

My only issue with Knox is that he can sometimes disappear during games, like in their 2nd round game against Buffalo.

He's still young, so he is only going to get better. But, he needs to be more aggressive.

I wouldn't be surprised or upset if we did take Knox at #7 or #8.

Status
Not open for further replies.