Which trade rumor has a chance?

Which deal has the best chance to happen?

• Webber to NY for both Thomas' (or whoever)

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Peja for Odom

Votes: 40 65.6%
  • Peja for Okafor

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters

piksi

Hall of Famer
MVP16 said:
so pixi, my guess is that you havent decided yet? :D
Decided what ? Supporting LA ? Not even when the hell freezes over. I might have to stop watching basketball all together if it gets too painfull but if Pedja gets in that ugly jersey - he loses my supprort on the NBA basis. I will support him in the national team anytime.

I WILL NEVER SUPPORT THE (former :D ) EVIL EMPIRE. I would pay to watch them lose 82 times a year

piksi

Hall of Famer
Bballkingsrock said:
Like I have said in a different thread:

I dont know why everyone is talking about all sorts of rumors......

Why don't we talk about it when it happens?
Don't worry. If it happenes You will have 378 threads to chose from

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
LPKingsFan said:
I would agree with you save for the Miller sign/trade. There were several of us around here who'd been hoping and speculating around him for months. But that's just because it was such a good idea :cool:
That's true, and I still claim dibs on being first on that one. :)

But that's just the pure genius of kingsfans.com speaking, not the general public. ;)

Petrie trades always seem to come out of the blue, and aren't anticipated by the Chad Ford types out there.

Nobody's mentioning a Peja for Luol Deng trade...so...maybe...:D

M

MVP16

piksi said:
Decided what ? Supporting LA ? Not even when the hell freezes over. I might have to stop watching basketball all together if it gets too painfull but if Pedja gets in that ugly jersey - he loses my supprort on the NBA basis. I will support him in the national team anytime.

I WILL NEVER SUPPORT THE (former :D ) EVIL EMPIRE. I would pay to watch them lose 82 times a year

they are not the evil empire anymore, remember shaq is out. kings are compleatly different team now. NO doug, no vlade, no hedo no jim j, no polard, no j will, no keon, no berry, no musenberg, no wallace, no martin no williamson no peeler...; i loved kings for the way they played the game. they used to be very very fun to watch, but not anymore. They seem so different, they can barely score 100 points nowdays. With vlade and doug gone, the chemistry is gone, and if peja and boby do change teams, LA will became what kings once wore.
PEJA BOBBY VLADE plus u have KOBE (webber).
Ever since shaq left the la, i stopped hating LA. It became just another team.
The rivarly is gone, there is no more hate.

Its so ironic, that if peja leaves and goes lala land, onece a huge laker hater will become a laker lover, im embarased to say that, but thats a reality. I hated everything about lakers......... but now its a different time. Teams are different.

KINGS 4 ever, but kings will never be what they once were!!! :(

Bricklayer

MVP16 said:
. They seem so different, they can barely score 100 points nowdays.
Kings 02-03: 101.7ppg
Kings 03-04: 102.8ppg
Kings 04-05: 102.7ppg

Just because your favorite player isn't doing the scoring doesn't mean the scoring isn't happening.

Bricklayer said:
Kings 02-03: 101.7ppg
Kings 03-04: 102.8ppg
Kings 04-05: 102.7ppg

Just because your favorite player isn't doing the scoring doesn't mean the scoring isn't happening.
I tried that tactic in another thread, they don't seem to respond to actual numbers...

M

MVP16

cmon please, we lost so many games this season, ( home games), We are not a threat to a title anymore. NOone even mentions us on the news.
no one is giving a chance, now u tell me why is that? is it because we play soo good?

the answer to all of these is no, im not sayin that peja is playin good or webber or whatever, but we all know who lead this team in the past years and how it was done!!!

none of these rumors has a chance in hell. Geoff Petrie does not make trades that anyone would have the ability to guess. The easiest thing to do would be for everyone to check off all the players mentioned in the media as players that will not be traded for.

MVP16 said:
cmon please, we lost so many games this season, ( home games), We are not a threat to a title anymore. NOone even mentions us on the news.
no one is giving a chance, now u tell me why is that? is it because we play soo good?

the answer to all of these is no, im not sayin that peja is playin good or webber or whatever, but we all know who lead this team in the past years and how it was done!!!
Becasue being the favorites, damn near unbeatable at home,winning division titles and having the best record really got us what we wanted in the past

MVP16 said:

Right I agree, Webber lead this team when they were best in 2002 along with Vlade. The point I think we are trying to make is the reason why we are losing more games is because of other things besides scoring, primarily REBOUNDING. I swear if we could rebound a little better our Defensive #'s would be way better too, we stop so many teams only to give up an offensive rebound(or 2,or 3, or 4...) and give them another chance. That is the problem we should address, whether through trades, or adjustments, or whatever. We can't win if we don't rebound.

M

MVP16

KP said:
Right I agree, Webber lead this team when they were best in 2002 along with Vlade. The point I think we are trying to make is the reason why we are losing more games is because of other things besides scoring, primarily REBOUNDING. I swear if we could rebound a little better our Defensive #'s would be way better too, we stop so many teams only to give up an offensive rebound(or 2,or 3, or 4...) and give them another chance. That is the problem we should address, whether through trades, or adjustments, or whatever. We can't win if we don't rebound.

the real reason isnt the rebounding, i will tell u what the reason is wheather u want it or not :)
most of you will disagree with me, but vlade heald the key to our game. I will give u a reason why i think that way. Look at peja, he doesnt score or play as well as he used too just because vlade wasnt there. Vlade used to look for him when he gets open ... Now what u see is peja standing in one place, or even when he moves he doesnt get the ball. the problem is that all of our guys want to be a shooters. we have a shooting center instead of a rebounder, same goes w/ webb, and bibby, dear god, our centers have more assists then a point guard.

but even then everything was fine, but now we got MOBLY :( worst move in kings history after tradin vlade, that man ruined or chemistry totaly. He screwd up everybodyes shoot attempts, plus he will never be as good deffender as christy was.

and finaly our bench, WTF (sory for using this kind of language) who are those guys, we used to be known as a strong bench squad, we used to rule sencond quaters. WE WERE DEEP, now we are shallow as a damn atalnta hawks team

there is much more that i have to say, but i just dont feel like it, i have been away from this forum, and im sure u missed my briliant comments ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MVP16 said:

1. We are still in the top 6 in the league. That's not exactly lottery pick time.
2. I don't think there's any direct correlation between being mentioned on the news and actually winning or losing a game.
3. I couldn't possibly care less if "no one is giving a chance". Really. We've been the media favorites before and it didn't give us any bonus wins.
4. We all know who lead this team in the past years? Um, what?
5. And, to follow up to #4, WHOEVER you're referring to in my previous quote (I'm assuming you meant Vlade) didn't lead us to any bleeping championships.

If you want to give up on this team, you have my blessing. Why exactly did you come back again?

Bricklayer

Odoylerules said:
actually, look at the kings record since the mobley deal, and peek into their FG% against. I don't think you can sit there and say it was a great deal, at least not yet. I trust GP as much as the next guy, but the numbers speak for themselves.....
We were actually doing quite well after the Mobley trade -- in fact a lot of people were pointing to our record with him as evidence he was the missing piece. Then the injuries hit, and that threw us. Webb, then Peja, then Mobley, then the goaltending calls, then Brad is suspendded, Peja goes down again -- just been a disastrous few weeks on a bunch of fronts. Hard to pin most of that on Cat.

I'm just saying. the kings are 10-9 since the deal, and the opp FG% has gone sky high. Whether its cat's fault or not, i don't know. i am a huge cat fan, but its a little difficult to say "great trade" when the numbers speak otherwise.

Bricklayer said:
We were actually doing quite well after the Mobley trade -- in fact a lot of people were pointing to our record with him as evidence he was the missing piece. Then the injuries hit, and that threw us. Webb, then Peja, then Mobley, then the goaltending calls, then Brad is suspendded, Peja goes down again -- just been a disastrous few weeks on a bunch of fronts. Hard to pin most of that on Cat.
Good point injuries have played a huge role in the bad stretch for the Kings. As of right now the count stands at 10-9 since the Kings got the Cat, The Magic are 9-8 since Christie started playing for them. I am one of the biggest Cat apologists around here, but even taking injuries into account I would have to admit that there is not enough proof to say either way for sure yet.

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. And to me stats-like beauty-are in the eye of the beholder. Just like it is unfair and wrong in my book to throw out last seasons record without acknowledging the Kings marshmallow shed. amoungst other things, throwing out the after Cuttino trade record without acknowledging everything that has transpired in the past two weeks is no different.

Golden State trades: SF Mike Dunleavy (12.9 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 2.6 apg in 32.9 minutes)
Golden State receives:
PG Rafer Alston (14.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 7.1 apg in 33.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook:
+1.1 ppg, -2.1 rpg, and +4.5 apg.

Toronto trades:
PG Rafer Alston (14.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 7.1 apg in 33.7 minutes) PF Chris Bosh (16.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 35.8 minutes)
Toronto receives: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook:
-10.3 ppg, -7.6 rpg, and -7.0 apg.

Sacramento trades:
SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
Sacramento receives:
SF Mike Dunleavy (12.9 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 2.6 apg in 32.9 minutes) PF Chris Bosh (16.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 35.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook:
+9.2 ppg, +9.7 rpg, and +2.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

As long as we're throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks, I haven't seen this one yet. Toronto is a lost cause this year, no need to worry about Peja coming back to hurt us over there. And if he really thinks it's so bad here, let him go try and play with the awful team chemistry they have over there.

Golden state has an option on Speedy next year, so they could keep Rafer since he has a few years left on his deal.

Dunleavy could start at SF, and Bosh could play 3/4 and back up Dunleavy and Webb both.

It's another never gonna happen, but I'd rather go that route than give up Peja and Bjax for one guy.

Last edited:
ReinadelosReys said:
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. And to me stats-like beauty-are in the eye of the beholder. Just like it is unfair and wrong in my book to throw out last seasons record without acknowledging the Kings marshmallow shed. amoungst other things, throwing out the after Cuttino trade record without acknowledging everything that has transpired in the past two weeks is no different.
I like what I've seen with Cat and I think(if we get somewhat healthy) the record will definately bear that out. I'm just pointing out that at this point (mostly because of injuries), you can't say for a fact we got the best of the deal thats all.

Bricklayer

Again one of those things -- unless they were really going to cater to the large Serb population in Toronto, I get the feeling Bosh is their one shining light + is pretty much untouchable. I could be wrong.

Bricklayer said:
Again one of those things -- unless they were really going to cater to the large Serb population in Toronto, I get the feeling Bosh is their one shining light + is pretty much untouchable. I could be wrong.
Agreed...though if I had to pick a team where virtually nobody was untouchable, I'd look to Toronto.

KP said:
I like what I've seen with Cat and I think(if we get somewhat healthy) the record will definately bear that out. I'm just pointing out that at this point (mostly because of injuries), you can't say for a fact we got the best of the deal thats all.
No, you're right, you can't. We won't be able to fully analyze the DC trade until the end of the season. The only thing you can say is that the Kings benefited from a finanical aspect.

ReinadelosReys said:
No, you're right, you can't. We won't be able to fully analyze the DC trade until the end of the season. The only thing you can say is that the Kings benefited from a finanical aspect.
Very true^, and in the scoring from the 2 spot.

I believe none of them will happen, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Peja will be traded before the deadline. I believe the Odom for Peja + Bobby rumor was more a proposal by the King's management more than the Lakers. Thtat can only mean, they are pursuing a trade using Peja...

jelement said:
Golden State trades: SF Mike Dunleavy (12.9 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 2.6 apg in 32.9 minutes)
Golden State receives:
PG Rafer Alston (14.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 7.1 apg in 33.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +1.1 ppg, -2.1 rpg, and +4.5 apg.

Toronto trades:
PG Rafer Alston (14.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 7.1 apg in 33.7 minutes) PF Chris Bosh (16.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 35.8 minutes)
Toronto receives: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -10.3 ppg, -7.6 rpg, and -7.0 apg.

Sacramento trades:
SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
Sacramento receives:
SF Mike Dunleavy (12.9 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 2.6 apg in 32.9 minutes) PF Chris Bosh (16.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 35.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +9.2 ppg, +9.7 rpg, and +2.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

As long as we're throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks, I haven't seen this one yet. Toronto is a lost cause this year, no need to worry about Peja coming back to hurt us over there. And if he really thinks it's so bad here, let him go try and play with the awful team chemistry they have over there.

Golden state has an option on Speedy next year, so they could keep Rafer since he has a few years left on his deal.

Dunleavy could start at SF, and Bosh could play 3/4 and back up Dunleavy and Webb both.

It's another never gonna happen, but I'd rather go that route than give up Peja and Bjax for one guy.

Trade Accepted. If only it would really happen.