Jason Thompson 8pts 5.8reb 1ast 0.3blks 21min
Jason per48 18.4pts 13.4reb 2.8ast 0.8blks

Sheldon Williams 5.5pts 6reb 0ast 0.8blks 18min
Sheldon per48 14.8pts 16.2reb 0ast 2.2blks

Last edited:
My dream Kings roster:

PG: Beno
SG: KMart
SF: Donte Greene(once he outplays Salmons for the spot)
PF: Thompson (same as Donte, but outplays Moore)
C: Hawes (Miller should probably start, but I would like to see Hawes soak up most of the minutes)
6th man: Francisco Garcia!

well, I know one thing ..

Garcia should be are starting SF .. I just dont like salmons game .. he plays too much 1 on 1 .. we dont need that right now , I think there defense is close to.

Garcia should be are starting SF .. I just dont like salmons game .. he plays too much 1 on 1 .. we dont need that right now , I think there defense is close to.
I do not like Salmons game, either. I hope he can make the adjustment... but that is a mighty big change. As far as Francisco starting, I think he could start now, but he is a prototypical 6th man of the year. He is energetic off the bench, productive, and can play multiple positions adequately. I would prefer him off the bench, for now.

Beno
Kmart
Miller
Thompson
Salmons

Thompson needs to start....... period. He is the future and Moore should come off bench IMO. Moore is a stop gap. We know it, coach knows it, everybody knows it. So if we lose , oh well. We should lose with the guy that we think is the PF for the next 10 years.

Salmons can flat score. As a starter he was tremendous last season. he is now a starter IMO and he doesnt have to look over his shoulder for minutes. That is huge.

That gives you a bench of Brown, Greene, Hawes, Cisco, and moore.

Mo reason that K9 shouldnt be in that mix some also.

I personally dont see Greene getting lots of minutes this year, but who knows how he will progress or what reggie thinks.

Thats what i would do.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Season opener with backup in ( ):
Beno (BJax, BBrown)
Kevin (Cisco, BJax)
Salmons (Cisco, Jason (depending), Greene)
Mikki (Hawes, Jason, Williams, KT)
Brad (Hawes, Jason (depending))

Tonight's game (in Houston) likely to have same starting lineup but see Cisco may sit this one out which should get BJax and Greene some more minutes.

K

Kingsguy881

The only problem is Garcia makes so many DUMB decisions, whereas Salmons might slow down ball movement but he makes smarter decisions. I would rather have a contested shot from Salmons than an offensive foul from Garcia.

Entity

Hall of Famer
For tonight's game, or the regular season, or what? Please clarify your question.
I was sort of. As of right now if the season started today type thing.

Salmons will be the starter so I didn't question that Garcia is better suited being the leader off the bench.

I think Jason Thompson gives us a better all around game than Moore or Sheldon. Jason just needs to let the offense come to him and not get caught in the air on defense.

Brad in short minutes has look good starting. Seems to not look for his offense and sets up well to other.

Spencer right now is looking to score. It all depends on what you want at Center. Do you want and offensive threat or someone that sets up the other shooters well? Once Spencer developes that then there should be no question to his starting status. Mikki's energy screams bench role player not starter. Sheldon is well suited if we are getting dominated by power. Even though he is shorter than most PF/C he has a wide body and can bang ala Corlis. His offense is like Justin Williams.

I totaly understand the point of garcia being the perfect six man .. he really is. very good 3pt shooter .. solid D and can play multiple positions.

The only thing is, do you think Garcia invisions himself as a career long bench player? I know it shouldnt matter how the players feel, and they should play whenever and werever there told ( something garcia does well, and salmons does not ; another reason I dont like john ) but I feel like garcia deserves a shot to start at least .. I dont know, something to think about anyways ..

I mean, there is no question John played well last year when he started, but that "playing well" was basically all 1 on 1 moves.. he doesnt make the players around him better and like I said he doesnt move the ball around well...

maybe Im just picking on Salmons .. either way, my vote still goes to garcia for the starting SF, although its highly unlikely.

PG Beno Udrich (Bobby Jackson)(Bobby Brown)
SG Kevin Martin (Quincy Douby)
SF Francisco Garcia (Dante Greene)
PF Jason Thompson (PF Traded for Salmons)(Mikki Moore)
C Brad Miller (Spencer Hawes)(Sheldon Williams)

Probable Starting Lineup

PG Beno Udrich
SG Kevin Martin
SF John Salmons
PF Mikki Moore
C Brad Miller

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I think the best core lineup for us right now really appears to be:

C-Miller
PF-Moore
SF-Salmons
SG-Martin
PG-Udrih

6th Cisco
7th Spencer
8th BJax (probably)

I was hoping that would not be true, but that's the way it is looking right now. I think the only way the Cisco/Salmons tandem really makes sense is with Salmons (who loses all backbone off the bench) as the starter, and Cisco (who has the mentality and demeanor of a classic top bencher -- aggressive to the point of reckless) as the 6th man. Jason just does not look ready yet, and its hard to see how he wouldn't be almost a distraction right now with his unsettled game. With Mikki at least you know what he's about. Donte is obviously not ready yet. Quincy hasn't played. Sheldon actually I think could earn some spot minutes, but Spencer has clearly been our best non-starting big, so he should be getting the lion's share off the bench. The interesting guy is Brown, who arguably has had as much impact as BJax. But I think experience will win out at least in the short term there. So basically you have just what you would expect us to have, and basically our oldest possible combination of players getting the bulk of the minutes. Until we trade someone, somebody gets hurt, or one fo the kids develops more consistency though, doubt it goes any other way.

what do you think of this line up :p

C: Spencer hawes
Pf: Shelden Williams (clog the lane and do most of the axe job
SF: Jason Thompson (mismatches probably :p
Sg: Martin
PG Udrih

Back up

C: Miller
PF: Moore
Sf: salmons
Sg: Cisco
Pg: brown/jackson

gunks

Hall of Famer
I totaly understand the point of garcia being the perfect six man .. he really is. very good 3pt shooter .. solid D and can play multiple positions.

The only thing is, do you think Garcia invisions himself as a career long bench player? I know it shouldnt matter how the players feel, and they should play whenever and werever there told ( something garcia does well, and salmons does not ; another reason I dont like john ) but I feel like garcia deserves a shot to start at least .. I dont know, something to think about anyways ..

I mean, there is no question John played well last year when he started, but that "playing well" was basically all 1 on 1 moves.. he doesnt make the players around him better and like I said he doesnt move the ball around well...

maybe Im just picking on Salmons .. either way, my vote still goes to garcia for the starting SF, although its highly unlikely.
I think it may depend on Greene. If Donte starts showing some serious flashes then HOPEFULLY Salmons becomes expendable.

Garcia/Greene in '10 could happen...

I dunno...I'm just not a big Salmons fan. He put up good stats as a starter, but like you said...He didnt do much for other players. If we want to be a high assist run n gun team we're are going to need to banish the black holes (Bibs and Ron are gone, so thats 2 down at least).

PG: Udrih
SG: Martin
SF: Salmons
PF: Moore
C: Miller

Hopefully, Thompson will show enough to replace Moore in the starting lineup later in the season. I doubt that Miller will be supplanted by Hawes, particularly if they're trying to showcase Miller for a possible trade. Greene is not going to get much playing time with Martin, Salmons, and Garcia on the team.

I pretty much want the Kings to pattern the starting line-up to the glorious team of the past of Webber/Divac. I like that team because it is a pretty tall team:

Pattern:

#5 Divac ( 7' 0" )
#4 Webber ( 6' 10" )
#3 Peja ( 6' 10" )
#2 Christie ( 6' 6" )
#1 Bibby ( 6' 2" )

My starting 5 in the near future:

#5 Miller ( 7' 0" )
#4 Hawes ( 7' 0" )
#3 Thompson or Greene ( 6' 11" )
#2 Martin ( 6' 7" )
#1 Udrih ( 6' 3" )

Rotation/Minutes:

#5 Miller ( 30 min ) Hawes ( 18 )
#4 Hawes ( 12 min ) Thompson ( 12 min ) Moore ( 12 min ) Williams ( 12 min )
#3 Thompson ( 12 min ) Greene ( 24 min ) Garcia ( 12 min )
#2 Martin ( 36 min ) Salmons ( 12 min )
#1 Udrih ( 30 min ) ( BBrown 9 min ) ( BJax or Douby 9 min )

IMO, we have decent players capable of matching any elite team at #1, #2, and #5. What we need to develop are players on #3 and #4.

Also IMO, Salmons and Garcia are less than starter talents at #3 if we are to build an elite team. Salmons with 6 years and Garcia with 3-4 years of play in the NBA have pretty much shown what kind of players they are - at best coming off the bench as #6 in any elite team in the NBA. I also believe that both are too small to match the tall starters of other elite teams at #3.

So, why bother waste time developing them at this position?

I want to fast track the development of our promising front court talents ( Hawes, Thompson, Greene ), so I want them to have real game time and not just practice time. Let us give them starter minutes as early as we can.

Lately, I am noticing that Hawes has post up moves and he can be quick on the the dribble. He also showed signs he can be a decent rebounder and shot blocker. The kid also can dish out plenty of assist.

The team probably needs to experiment and have Hawes play and start at power forward ( #4 ), especially that we still have a double-double passing center on Miller who can man #5. If it clicks, it could mean we can again have a tandem of passing bigs - same way Webber/Divac were in the old team.

Thompson's size and skill set can either be #3 or #4. So, let's experiment on him and let him play both positions. And maybe we can do the same with Greene. And if one of them turns out to fit #3, then the team's future starting line-up is pretty much set.

Start and experiment now while we can still afford to lose many games - so we can see who's got what and in what position they can better play. We are not a playoff team anyways and we need the lottery next year.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll give it a shot:

PG: Beno (Steady influence on offensive end)
SG: K-Mart ('Nuff said)
SF: Francisco (I believe he will make a big leap this season)
PF: JT (If we are trying to be uptempo, JT HAS to play a lot.....he can run the floor non-stop, and needs to gain experience)
C: B-Miller (Nice for halfcourt sets and outlet passes)

Bench Rotation:
PG: B-Jax/Brown (Interchangeable in my opinon....instant-offense type)
SG: Salmons (Can score 20 on a given night)\
SF: Greene (He will be good, take it to the bank)
PF: Mikki Moore (Hustle/Garbage player)
C: Shelden Williams (Rebounds, rebounds, rebounds)

Beno
K-Mart
Salmon
Mikkie Moore
Brad

Garcia as the sixth man, then off the bench in order Spencer, Douby, Bobby Jackson, JT, Bobby Brown, Donte

Kenny Thomas - GTFO!!!

PG - Beno/Jackson/Brown
SG - Martin/Salmons/Jackson
SF - Garcia/Salmons/Greene
PF - Thompson/Moore/Williams/Greene
C - Miller/Hawes/Moore/Thompson

M

manu_7

My starting 5

Starting:

Beno
Kevin
Garcia
Thompson
Hawes

Bench:

6º- Miller
7º- Salmons
8º- Greene

Best wishes from Spain!!!

PG= Beno, Brown, BJax
SG= Martin, Salmons, Douby
SF= Salmons, Garcia, Greene
PF= Thompson, Williams, Moore, Thomas
C= Hawes, Miller, Williams

If Salmons can learn to drive to the basket, and kick out to Martin when he gets double teamed, then he should start. If he continues to drive and not finish or turnover the ball then Garcia should start. Just because John is taking over Ron's starting position, doesn't mean he can hog the ball like Ron did. He needs to see that Kevin gets his share of positions too.

Offensively Moore is better than Williams, but Williams brings the best low post defense and help defense. And, we have got to get someone who can help the guards when they get beat. NO MORE EASY LAYUPS.