What is your favorite type of bball shot?

What is your favorite kind of bball shot

• free throw

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • bank

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • 3-pointer

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • slam-dunk

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • thrown from across the court

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • nothing but net (swish)

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • lay up

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
My favorite is the '50s hook shot, where the unathletic white guy with neatly combed hair takes a fruity-looking hop while lobbing the ball against no defensive pressure.

Wait a second... that was me at the park this weekend! :eek:
~~

Sebian lay-ups are just amusing to watch!! He hits them a little farther away from 3 point land when hte clock is ticking. I LOVE shots at eh buzzer for hte win!!

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
What I'd like to see is a clip of the Jason Williams dunk in transition from years back. It was pretty spectacular.

As I said in the other thread, I love the up and under.

I also like a tried-and-true drop step, a half hook, a full hook, or a turnaround jumper from the post when being overplayed into the lane.

Too bad true post players are all but extinct in the NBA. I'm a little tired of scouting reports that start off with "for a seven footer he handles the ball like a guard" or "has amazing range for a player his size".

I'd love to watch an NBA game and see some real post battles again.

bibby-the-man said:
I meant dunk in the NBA. I know he dunked once when he played for Vancouver. Dunk for the KINGS.
He did dunk for the Kings, it was a simple one hander.

Bobby tries to tomahawk it the last two times I've seen him attempt a dunk.

F

Fillmoe

i dont know how it could be anything besides the half court heave! my personal favorite was when dwayne wade blocked amare stoudemire and than tossed a hail mairy from the opposing 3 point line that went in....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Fillmoe said:
i dont know how it could be anything besides the half court heave! my personal favorite was when dwayne wade blocked amare stoudemire and than tossed a hail mairy from the opposing 3 point line that went in....
Half court heaves completely bore me -- they aren't basketball related at all. Just a half step above luck.

Now free throws are exciting. ;)

(actually somebody mentioned a drop step post move above -- thing of beauty when done well)