What happened to loyalty to your team?

KP said:
where? I didn't get personal with anybody that didn't get personal first. I defended VF when somebody was attacking her thats all. You seriously don't see anything ironic about defending everybodys right to state their opinion unless it's about the content of someone elses post?

That is not what I was saying. I did not put "conditions" on peoples right to their opinion, I was actually saying that everyone of course should be able to give their two cents. To sum it all up...I was saying the personal attacks are not necessary against the players or the posters. It is not like I am one of those negative posters defending the attacks. I love the Kings and I don't attack the team or the players individually. I find it ironic that some of the very people who get all upset at the negative posters, resort to negativism themselves. I was trying to call for peace, not trying to start another disagreement. Sorry.

ImaKingsFan said:
I find it ironic that some of the very people who get all upset at the negative posters, resort to negativism themselves.
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you but I pm'd you and you didn't respond. Do you mean me?

Gregorius said:
Is there anyway to send a letter or email to the team? We could write a huge motivational letter to them and let them now we love them and stuff and let them know we still believe and love each and everyone one of them, or something like that.
Great idea!! :) I'll be one of the first to sign!

Gadget's post of the day!

VF21 said:
I'm sorry. I'm sure I may regret saying this but I am heartily tired of some of the crap being posted on this board under the guise of criticism.

I am a KINGS fan. That doesn't change because someone has a bad night or we lose a close game. My fan loyalty doesn't depend on whether the team wins or loses.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!! I love the excitement of well-played basketball, which we saw tonight.

Perfect? No, of course not. There is no perfection in this game I've loved for over 40 years. It was exciting, with ups and downs, lead changes, and good hard play. That's what basketball is all about.

The Kings have hit a rough patch. They've lost four in a row - heart-breaking games in more than one instance. That's not the end of the world.

I may be alone but I'm still going to support this team AND I'm going to do it without making snide, unsubstantiated comments about any of the players. They wear the uniform of my favorite team and I think they deserve at least a modicum of support.

Do you think they enjoyed losing their fourth game in a row? Do you think they did it just to pee you off? Instead of acting like it's the end of the world and your night is ruined, think about them. They were robbed. They fought hard on the second night of a brutal back-to-back and at the last moment all their efforts went for naught because of ANOTHER non-call.

Instead of berating them, I would sure like to see people supporting them. I am still going to be a homer Kings fan. If anything, tonight's game has strengthened my resolve.

It's really easy, I suppose, to point fingers at a couple of players. Pedja hasn't been playing well and Cuttino is new. Well, so what? They are part of this team and they wear the same uniform as the rest of the team. Geoff Petrie and Rick Adelman support them and that's good enough for me.

Criticism is one thing, but to come out and say they shouldn't be Kings is just wrong.

Okay, I'm done...

It Only Takes One ...

Oh well, accept the loss and move on .... that's all we and the King's can do.

Another great game ..... (that's what I call competing)

With a VERY QUESTIONABLE ending .... (will the NBA do something ???)

Could our King's have avoided this .... (of course, but where's the time machine)

To those "pointing fingers" ... (where's your trust)

Our King's will be okay ... (we just gotta hang-in-there)

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
As a true fan we CAN speak our feelings. We've been spoiled since 1998 and winning the division twice and we expect from the Kings what they have shown they can do in a season and multiple seasons. As a fan you don't become and Ostrich either. Reality is reality. And the reality this year is the Kings are not as good a team as they have been the past 4-5 years. They are at best now 5th in the west. Good teams finish games and beat good teams. We are doing neither . Good teams don't lose multiple games to east division teams at the bottom of the barrel. Good teams are not the whiners of the league. I bought Sirius satellite radio so I could listen to every kings game when I travel away from home. I wear my kings T a lot especially when I'm down in LA. All my grandkids wear Kings T's and they live in San Diego!! So I am a true Kings fan. And I have earned the right to critisize them when they don't play well or continue to do stupid things that professionals should not do, especially late in the 4th quarter.

Sure some fans don't get the nuances of the game and most did not play the game. That has nothing to do with being a fan. (It does have a little to do with some of the really dum or thoughtless comments by some fans). Ticket holders pay for the right to cheer AND to boo if your team plays bad. Booing for the right reason should be done and try to send a mesage to the players. Booing for the wrong reasons is plain stupid and there are stupid fans at games. We all see them. Fortunately, not many at kings games.

So I watch or listen to every game every year down here in my isolated Kingdom of Kings-fans-by-the-sea. We cheer at the tube and we complain and maybe even a boo or two lately. I earned the right from my 7 years as a season ticket holder in section 104.

Harumpphhh......

Very Well Said ...

CruzDude said:
As a true fan we CAN speak our feelings. We've been spoiled since 1998 and winning the division twice and we expect from the Kings what they have shown they can do in a season and multiple seasons. As a fan you don't become and Ostrich either. Reality is reality. And the reality this year is the Kings are not as good a team as they have been the past 4-5 years. They are at best now 5th in the west. Good teams finish games and beat good teams. We are doing neither . Good teams don't lose multiple games to east division teams at the bottom of the barrel. Good teams are not the whiners of the league. I bought Sirius satellite radio so I could listen to every kings game when I travel away from home. I wear my kings T a lot especially when I'm down in LA. All my grandkids wear Kings T's and they live in San Diego!! So I am a true Kings fan. And I have earned the right to critisize them when they don't play well or continue to do stupid things that professionals should not do, especially late in the 4th quarter.

Sure some fans don't get the nuances of the game and most did not play the game. That has nothing to do with being a fan. (It does have a little to do with some of the really dum or thoughtless comments by some fans). Ticket holders pay for the right to cheer AND to boo if your team plays bad. Booing for the right reason should be done and try to send a mesage to the players. Booing for the wrong reasons is plain stupid and there are stupid fans at games. We all see them. Fortunately, not many at kings games.

So I watch or listen to every game every year down here in my isolated Kingdom of Kings-fans-by-the-sea. We cheer at the tube and we complain and maybe even a boo or two lately. I earned the right from my 7 years as a season ticket holder in section 104.

Harumpphhh......
Highs-n- Lows .... right now we're in a low .... I'm with ya brudda !!!

We all react differently depending upon the situation. And this is one of those situations.

I don't think you should have to defend yourself for being a PASSIONATE FAN. You expressed yourself in a manner that was thought-out, constructive and contributing (read VF's post again - am I right VF ???).

We all care !!! We all feel the joy and the pains, the same as our King's do.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Folsom Al said:
Highs-n- Lows .... right now we're in a low .... I'm with ya brudda !!!

We all react differently depending upon the situation. And this is one of those situations.

I don't think you should have to defend yourself for being a PASSIONATE FAN. You expressed yourself in a manner that was thought-out, constructive and contributing (read VF's post again - am I right VF ???).

We all care !!! We all feel the joy and the pains, the same as our King's do.
As Bobby would say, "Most definitely!"

Gregorius said:
^^^^
I have that "our spirit will not be broken" ad on my wall.
I have it as my wallpaper here. :)

I love my sports with a passion, and top of the list is the Kings team. Like you guys said, there will be highs and lows - and we're apparently on a rough patch right now, but I will gladly share it with them, just as much as I share in the bliss of victory. At the end of the day, I realize that it is just a game and I choose to look beyond the numbers on the scoreboard. I'm still proud to call myself a Kings fan, and I will always be.

Go Kings!

I've been a season ticket holder for the last 5 years and I have a huge investment in this team. I have the right to criticize and so does anyone else. Constructive criticism is fine and I don't see what is wrong with pointing out players faults, bad games, deficiencies, etc....

Good post VF21, and for the critics and doomsayers just remember Sac is still 5th in the league. It could be a losing team. In other words you get to celebrate wins more than mourn losses.

VF, im so glad u made that post and its great one. I mean I know hey it sucks when the kings lose and it hurts so much..but no reason to start hating among your team that you are a die-hard fan for. Losses bite badly, but you gotta let go, love your team, and move on.

The game against Dallas, everyone in my family went to sleep (they're die-hard kings fans also, but they haven't been watching them play since the game against Phoenix) just because they have been losing. I was left alone watching the game and I had to end the game alone sadly. Now are those kind of "unloyal" kings fans when the kings lose they get so mad at them they don't even care, but I am the only one in my family who still believes in the Kings, and hey they have had a tough schedule.

The Kings will definitely use this losing streak as a motivator to rise above and succeed at winning the NBA Championship. Everything does not come easily and determination is the most important thing to have in this quest. Try to not lose focus on the fact that is a long season and there will be bumps in the road. Be sure and not let those bumps toss you off the bandwagon.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Ryle said:
I've been a season ticket holder for the last 5 years and I have a huge investment in this team. I have the right to criticize and so does anyone else. Constructive criticism is fine and I don't see what is wrong with pointing out players faults, bad games, deficiencies, etc....
Ryle, while I agree with you, wholeheartedly, you know that "constructive" criticism is not why VF21 started this thread. Personally, I believe, since you are a 5 yr season ticket holder, it stands to reason (considering the huge investment) that you are a die-hard fan. I want to ask what that term "die-hard" means to you personally.

We scream and cheer our support. We scream and yell our disappointment. We discuss where improvements can be made (both by individual players and by the team working as a unit). We discuss our views of improvements that can be made by the coaches (all the while knowing that we are not being paid the big bucks that the coaches get). And, in the end, we continue to LOVE OUR KINGS because that is what real fans do. Wouldn't you agree?

I'm an 8-year season ticket holder and I don't believe that it gives me any greater rights to criticize than any other Kings fan. That's simply because I'm paying for the opportunity to be entertained, not to be a minority shareholder in the team.

True, there have been a few games this year where I left and felt that I didn't get my money's worth, but that's all on me. Nobody held a gun to my head to make my buy, and nobody told me that I had a vote in what happens with the team if I did.

With that said, there is no doubting that criticism is fair game for all, whether or not you own season tickets, whether or not you buy Kings pro gear, or if you are just a casual fan that's never had the pleasure of watching a game at Arco.

What gripes so many here and elsewhere is that some folks' opinions consistently take on an almost "personal" affront to things that the coaching staff or players do. That's the part I really don't get. The coaches are ALWAYS doing their best to win, and so are the players. There are some things about certain players' games I don't like, but I also realize that every player will not give you everything you're looking for.

It seems so easy to just box out every time, or dive on the floor for that loose ball every time, or drop the ball in the hole (for an easier shot) rather than lay it up off the glass every time, or make the sound pass rather than the difficult one every time, or substitute for a player that is not going well, or always say the right thing to the press after a game. These all seem to be simple, correctable things, but I now realize that they may not be. And I'm OK with it.

I just happen to believe that there are lots of dynamics which affect how players and coaches make game decisions, and they are imminently more intelligent than any fan. So, bottom line, it's OK to call 'em on it and discuss it when they don't appear to make the right decision, or make the same "mistake" over and over again. But do that also with the mindset that they want to win a helluva lot more than you and me.

Don't hate players. Don't hate coaches. Don't spit venom. Don't make it so personal. Say your piece, make your points, and then refresh the screen to see if it sticks.

Last edited:
6th said:
Ryle, while I agree with you, wholeheartedly, you know that "constructive" criticism is not why VF21 started this thread. Personally, I believe, since you are a 5 yr season ticket holder, it stands to reason (considering the huge investment) that you are a die-hard fan. I want to ask what that term "die-hard" means to you personally.

We scream and cheer our support. We scream and yell our disappointment. We discuss where improvements can be made (both by individual players and by the team working as a unit). We discuss our views of improvements that can be made by the coaches (all the while knowing that we are not being paid the big bucks that the coaches get). And, in the end, we continue to LOVE OUR KINGS because that is what real fans do. Wouldn't you agree?
Certainly, and that's also why we can be critical because we want them to play their best and when they don't it's extremely frustrating.