What do we do with McLemore?

What do we do with McLemore?

• Total voters
Yea a can't help but laugh a little when people say things like "the kings are trying to win now" lol yea right. We have what like 10 wins haha get outa here.

Watching DMC's interview last night, though not unlike many of his interviews, brought home the point to me that a big reason Kings are in win-now mode is because of Cousins. I don't think Cousins has many more of the "let's just hope for a good draft pick" seasons in him. Of course he would like more help, but in his fourth season, he's seen 3 other seasons of high draft picks that haven't done anything to turn the team around.

He's supposed to be the man, right?

Yeah I meant Rudy will be on the open market within two years, and I think we might need to show him some progression to continue to stay. Losing him and not getting a serious pickwould put us at square one. Hopefully it works out
It absolutely would not. What about that 19 million dollar salary slot? They could trade his expiring and end up with some promising young talent or decent vets to fill out the roster. Lots of options.

Rudy needs to sell himself to us, not the other way around. Let's see some winner thinking aroung here. Times have changed!

Watching DMC's interview last night, though not unlike many of his interviews, brought home the point to me that a big reason Kings are in win-now mode is because of Cousins. I don't think Cousins has many more of the "let's just hope for a good draft pick" seasons in him. Of course he would like more help, but in his fourth season, he's seen 3 other seasons of high draft picks that haven't done anything to turn the team around.

He's supposed to be the man, right?
The problem is the hole we are in is already borderline impossible to get out of. Sure, they could win MORE now, but not enough to make the playoffs or lose the draft pick. It's just not likely. It's an unfortunate realitity of being 14th out of 15 team conference. What I think everyone wants to see is a winning style of play develop. Do that, the winning takes care of itself.

What we can't have is a whole team showing up playing like they're hungover and disintereted like yesterday. Cousins excluded, cause he was a beast.

A

Angela44

He is young and has upside but this is ridiculous. He doesn't deserve to start. Unreal how he is given this much opportunity when a guy like jimmer would be sent into exile with similar play.

I think Malone is trying but was not given the tools to win. Winning comes next year, I suspect. We needed a lot of house cleaning but that meant we don't have much of a bench.
Malone is trying to win now. The players are trying to win now. I think Pete D and Vivek are thinking 2 years down the road, which they should be. It's Malone's job to make due with what he has. So in essence, I don't believe this is a win now situation for the organization.

This is hard on the fans because we finally see some talent on the roster. There is light at the end of the tunnel and we want to get there now. Not gonna happen. We're not making the playoffs this year no matter what trades we make by February, and Pete D is fine with that. In fact, we were warned at the beginning of the season that record didn't matter. We are collecting assets at this point in time.

He is young and has upside but this is ridiculous. He doesn't deserve to start. Unreal how he is given this much opportunity when a guy like jimmer would be sent into exile with similar play.
it's really quite simple:

jimmer fredette - selected 10th overall in the 2011 draft by the milwaukee bucks, who flipped fredette in a draft day trade to the maloof-owned sacramento kings
ben mclemore - selected 7th overall in the 2013 draft by the ranadive-owned sacramento kings

jimmer fans need to get over it. he's not a part of the new regime's long-term plans. if fredette's lucky, he'll get a shot on another team next season. if he's quite lucky, he'll get consistent minutes on another team next season. if kings fans who are weary of the last gasp of jimmermania in sacramento are lucky, fredette will be packaged in a trade before the deadline, and jimmer fans can proceed to jump bandwagons...