What do we do at the Power Forward slot?

What should we do at the 4?

• Total voters
Hmm i noticed Zydrunas Ilgauskas was a Free Agent, hes a good shooter, rebounder and blocker, do you think we have cap room to go after him or would he have desire to come here ?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
We don't have cap room to go after anybody. We have a MLE, probably about 5 million, which is what every team in the league that is also over the cap has.

I don't think we'd want Z. His defensive presence is very limited. That would be the slowest, least athletic front line of any team in the league.

anyone interested in Theo Ratliff in portland. Don't know if he would even be available but just thinking about possible players. Can be injury prone.

Entity said:
I say go with a new PF and i don't mean FA or trade. I mean Draft get the best possible PF you can get in the draft and i would imagine he can come in and get the same numbers as any of the other PF we could pick up baring a Blockbuster trade. NeNe, Stro, yadda yadda yadda all these guys aren't going to be much better than they are and a Rookie could probably do about the same with us as they would if not better as he grows. Either way they are coming into a new system so why not look toward the future and not get another teams backup PF to be our starter. Besides cleard up cap space would be awesome for nexts years FA market it is Stacked featureing Shaq, Big Ben, Amare, Yao, Tayshaun, the list goes on for 2006 FA's.
If a rookie big man comes into the draft with Nene's current skillset he's a top10 pick

Fillmoe said:
to be honest i would really like to get brand.. i think boozer is way too overpaid....... yall can count dalembert, chandler and curry out of the picture because their GM's have said they would match any offer sheet.... so unless we have something they want, kiss them goodbye...
i would really like to see al harrington... i dont know theres alot of things i would wish happen but im really unsure :(
I could see a Peja+Bobby+1st round pick for E. Brand, or something similar.

Okay as suggested Tag as a starting center is nuts. Sorry but honestly IMO Tag needs to be let go, even if it costs us.

Thomas cannot match up to the PF's in the league because of his size. If we move Brad to PF then we need to get a real center (aka not tag.) If we keep Miller at the C then we will need to try and snag a good / decent PF.

I wouldn't mind seeing a PF that can rebound, even if he doesn't put up massive offensive numbers. If that PF can give us 10+ a night and be a stopper.

A radical gene-splicing experiment that melds the best qualities of Thomas, Darius and Skinner into our new starting PF: Benny Skingaila.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Warning! Warning!! Warning!!!

NME sighting. Protect your women and children. ;):p:D

NME said:
A radical gene-splicing experiment that melds the best qualities of Thomas, Darius and Skinner into our new starting PF: Benny Skingaila.

NME said:
See, that's the inane commentary this board has been sorely missing!

Welcome Back!=)

Boozer is decent enough, I guess, but his contract doesn't match his skill level. He is far overpaid, something that won't help with the cap.

It's a legitimate knock on him......that and the Gund Curse.... :p

NME said:
You'd have to do it just right or else you could get a slow, undersized guy who shoots like he has two broken thumbs.

NME said:
If the experiment goes wrong, he can always hang out behind Arco and keep "Biobby" company.

NME said:
you could always splice Bobby Jackson and Greg Ostertag together in the hopes of getting a hyperactive 7 footer named Grobby Jackstertag.

...of course we'd have to isolate that "often injured" gene first.

Sparky said:
I don't think I could stomach seeing artest in a kings jersey. He is the worst kind of thug. If he wasn't a pampered athlete, the guy would be in jail. He comes to town once a year, and thats one time too many. Words fail me when describing what a lowlife headcase he is. Who knows, maybe he will do the NBA a favor and take up his rap career full time.

Sorry for the sour tone, but I keep seeing posts pushing for him to be here and I just don't understand how anyone can think it's a good thing. How many games did he miss for punching out a fan? A FAN for goodness sake! :eek: He could have just pushed the guy away, or heaven forbid, walk away himself. Personally, I think he should be banned for life, but I'm obviously not the one in charge.
I'd like to see what you would do if I threw a cup full of beer at your face...

BLNINJA #81 said:
I'd like to see what you would do if I threw a cup full of beer at your face...
If he was really Ron Artest and you threw a beer in his face he'd probably run over an innocent 70 year old man knocking him to the ground and come punch me in the head since I was just watching.

KP said:
If he was really Ron Artest and you threw a beer in his face he'd probably run over an innocent 70 year old man knocking him to the ground and come punch me in the head since I was just watching.
Sometimes, I need to be wearing a diaper when I read this forum!