What are you listening to?

VF21

#KingsFansForever
Staff member
Contributor
I believe we had a thread like this once before. I was watching this clip on YouTube and just had to share. Feel free to add the song you want everyone to hear - keeping in mind our core rule of family-friendly. ;)

One of my absolute favorite bands released a new album in October called [Untitled], and I pretty much haven't been able to stop listening to it since:

Genre tags: post-hardcore, indie rock, art rock

I listen to dozens of hours of music a week. One of my biggest sources of music is a local, public radio station broadcast out of UC Davis. They have a radius of about fifty miles and a website, kdvs.org, where one can listen live, explore the programming, and listen to past shows. All the DJs are volunteers and they're given the freedom to play whatever they want. Because of this, anybody listening can be treated with many different genres throughout the day and throughout the week. Genres include: ambient, drone, punk, post-punk, new wave, reggae, hip-hop, blues, jazz, hardcore, death metal, black metal, indie rock, alternative rock, math rock, surf rock, prog-rock, noise, industrial, soul, funk, techno, trance, edm, goth, synth wave, minimal, folk, country, various international styles, and more. It's just a great radio station with something for everybody, and for the most part the listener doesn't have to worry about hearing a song they've heard repeatedly before. So check it out.

I also have an eclectic record collection with a focus on experimental music of different kinds. Some of my favorite types of music are ambient, industrial, post-punk, musique concrète, art rock, and Krautrock.

Here are some choice recommendations. These are not my my top five favorites, just a variety of sounds.

Batelages by Etron Fou Leloublan

Kontakte by Karlheinz Stockhausen

Escape from Noise
by Negativland

Rock Bottom by Robert Wyatt

Kollaps by Einstürzende Neubauten

I'm just going to stop here to keep from going on and on.

Pretty eclectic and diverse taste among KF posters. I don't really know anything about the music in previous posts...

Anyway. Another album I've really enjoyed this year has been Kamasi Washington's 'Heaven and Earth'. His 2015 album 'The Epic' was just that.