What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Padrino said:
jeff buckley's better! :p

i think this is one of the few situations in which the child of a musician has outshined the parent. such a damn shame jeff buckley died so young. he was an amazing singer/songwriter.

jeff buckley - mojo pin
I never would have looked into Tim Buckley if not for Jeff. Dad's stuff is good, but Jeff borders on transcendent. From what I understand, the two were always estranged, as Tim abandoned his son when he was a young child. Strangely, Jeff's first public performance vocally was at his father's funeral, though he'd played guitar in several bands prior to that.

In keeping with the theme of estranged fathers and their talented prodigy:

Ravi Shankar - Dhun Kafi

Norah Jones - Toes

The musical equivalent of Mike & Henry Bibby I suppose

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
"(Don't) Give Hate a chance," by Jamiroquai.

They haven't put out a really good record since Synkronized, but I find myself enjoying at least one or two tracks off of every record; this is definitely my favorite off their newest.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm listening to that Jamiroquai song again; I've been playing it over and over again the past several minutes, because it's kind of uplifting and has an uptempo beat, and after watching that very emotional tribute to Eddy Guerrero on RAW tonight, it's all I can do not to start crying.

When Chris Benoit broke down, I about lost it myself... Much respect to Cena for his final tribute to Eddy.

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
I'm listening to that Jamiroquai song again; I've been playing it over and over again the past several minutes, because it's kind of uplifting and has an uptempo beat, and after watching that very emotional tribute to Eddy Guerrero on RAW tonight, it's all I can do not to start crying.

When Chris Benoit broke down, I about lost it myself... Much respect to Cena for his final tribute to Eddy.

I lost it a few times. Emotional is an understatement. That was very powerful.

Gone but not forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.