What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Roses - Kanye West

"I know it's past visiting hours, but can I please give her these flowers?
The doctor don't want to take procedures; he claims her heart can't take the anesthesia.
It'll send her body into a seizure; the little thing by the hospital bed? It'll stop beeping.
Hey chick; I'm at a loss for words... What do you say at this time?
Remember when I was nine?
Tell her everything gon' be fine, but I'd be lying.
The family crying; they want her to live, and she trying.
I'm arguing, like, what kind of doctor can we fly in?
You know the best medicine go to people that's paid...
If Magic Johnson got a cure for AIDS, and all the broke mutha****ers passed away...
You telling me that if my grandma was in the NBA, right now she would be ok?
But since she was just a secretary, worked for the church for thirty-five years,
Things supposed to stop right here?
My grandfather tryin' to pull it together; he strong.
That's where I get my confidence from.
I asked the nurse, "did you do the research?"
She asked me, "can you sign some t-shirts?"
B****, is you smokin' reefer?
You don't see that we hurt? But still..."

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Personally, I think that he's an ***, and needs to be publically b****-slapped... but he is a talented rapper...
He's on the same level as Eminem for me. The attitude and arrogance really, REALLY get my goat, but you can't deny the talent. Kanye's interviews make me cringe, but both of his albums are on my shopping list.

RoyalDiva said:
Agree with the sentiments about Kanye West, but I think that it's all an act designed to get him the most attention and controversy.
The Mike Myers footage cinched it for me, and I'm a Bush-hatin Dem. He's a moron. I highly doubt that's an act. Feel me? He needs to start preserving his sexy.

Btw, why doesn't Kayne just pay for her hospital bills? ;) Or is he trying to convince Avg Joes that he's not a millionaire?

Last edited:
Gargamel said:
The Mike Myers footage cinched it for me, and I'm a Bush-hatin Dem. He's a moron. I highly doubt that's an act. Feel me? He needs to start preserving his sexy.

Btw, why doesn't Kayne just pay for her hospital bills? ;) Or is he trying to convince Avg Joes that he's not a millionaire?

Whose hospital bills? Did I miss something?
Personally I don't like his music, annoying!

RoyalDiva said:
Agree with the sentiments about Kanye West, but I think that it's all an act designed to get him the most attention and controversy.
That's the thing that gets me, though. And its my same irk with Eminem (and was with Tupac, as well).

Three talented gents with the possibility to reach a lot of people and (based on moments of elloquence and insight) the intelligence to deliver what could be a pretty important message. However, all the posturing and primping will just allienate the very people who probably need to hear it the most.

T

thesanityannex

All three mentioned; Kanye West, Tupac, Eminem, shouldn't be taken seriously when listening to their political outcries or rants.

All three are amazing lyricists, and I'll leave it at that.

Listening to:

Blackalicious-The Craft

Funkykingston. You must get this album. Exceptional piece of work, as groundbreaking and as well thought out as "Nia"

I went CD shopping today and showed remarkable restraint by only buying three new albums: Extraordinary Machine by Fiona Apple, You Could Have It So Much Better by Franz Ferdinand and the Kill Bill v. 1 Original Soundtrack.

I'm currently listening to Apple's "Parting Gift." I definitely suggest this one for anyone who is a fan. Her lyrics consistently impress me.

Do you mean Fiona Apple? I was thinking of buying her newest album. I loved her first one, but didn't care for her second, although everyone else was just raving about it.

Another album I need to buy is the newest one from The White Stripes.

My four favorite songs on rotation

"Drive Slow" by Kanye West f/Paul Wall and GLC

"Girl Tonite" by Twista f/Trey Songz

"Oh I think they like me" by Dem Franchise Boyz f/JD, Da Brat and Bow Wow

"Unbreakable" by Alicia Keys

RoyalDiva said:
Do you mean Fiona Apple? I was thinking of buying her newest album. I loved her first one, but didn't care for her second, although everyone else was just raving about it.
This one is probably more like the second than the first, but it has a very different sound than either one (in my opinion). Her voice and her lyrics are still the same, obviously, but the production is less string oriented than the second album. I'd definitely suggest listening to it.

RoyalDiva said:
Another album I need to buy is the newest one from The White Stripes.
I actually had that one in my hand yesterday. But, when I couldn't make up my mind which to get then and which to get later, I started making cuts alphabetically.

Status
Not open for further replies.