What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Brother has seriously come through with the realness...I love about 95% of what I hear from them. Im glad they dont play too much of them on tv though, I would hate for these fakes to start ruining some of the only real hip hop we have left.

explosions in the sky - a song for our fathers

if yer into post-rock/instrumental type music...check this band out. incredible musicians. they dont need no stinking front man. they just play their instruments like you wouldnt believe.

"Guns of Brixton" -- Nouvelle Vague

For those unfamiliar, its a group of French and Brazilian musicians (unfamiliar with the original recordings) put together to record covers of music by The Cure, The Clash, Joy Division, Depeche Mode and others. Pretty high on the pretentious scale, but worth checking out.

"Home" - Michael Buble

I was switching radio station the other day and I came upon "Home". I was like who the heck sang that song, and luckily I found it online and I can't stop playing it. What a beautiful song.

"Home"

Another summer day
Has come and gone away
In Paris and Rome
But I wanna go home
Mmmmmmmm

Maybe surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home
Oh I miss you, you know

And I've been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you
Each one a line or two
"I'm fine baby, how are you?"
Well I would send them but I know that it's just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that

"I Hope You Dance" by Leann Womack. No, make that 'what are you turning off right now?'. That has got to be the most God-awful song ever written. Stupid melody, lyrics, everything. It reminds me of those sappy 70's songs, but those were so-bad-they're-good because you can laugh at them, where as this one is just plain bad.

Earth Wind & Fire ... Gratitude

Wife and I had a GREAT TIME last night at the Chicago/Earth Wind & Fire concert at the Sleep Train Amphitheatre.

I've been to alot of concerts and this BY FAR - WAS THE LOUDEST ... the difference being - the sound was pure - clean - not distorted or crackling. The sound engineers did an excellent job of presenting both groups ...

If you haven't seen these 2 groups together - you just gotta see 'em

EXCELLENT SHOW - EXCELLENT MUSIC - EXCELLENT MEMORIES

F

Fillmoe

eric b and rakim - check out my melody

"I couldn't wait to take the mic, flow into it to test
Then let my melody play, and then the record suggest
That I'm droppin bombs, but I stay peace and calm
Any MC that disagree with me just wave your arm
And I'll break, when I'm through breakin I'll leave you broke
Drop the mic when I'm finished and watch it smoke"

who could mess with that?