What are you listening to right now?

Messy Marv - I got five on it.

Doug E. Fresh and Biz Markie - let me clear my throat.

It's like a 90's Del Paso Heights after the graduation party in my house.

Run - Collective Soul

I always space to it. Here's a crappy vid of a beautiful cover:

[yt=COVER - Run]M3VhxBEqrKc[/yt]

Also checked out Baroness. They are a very good metal band, good prog rockers, so-so singers. Their stuff is very interesting, textured, the way I like my music. Thumbs up.

Last edited:
Orianthi - This chick freakin' rocks.

[yt=According to you]Pu1aQvm5MrU[/yt]

I was so impressed that I checked out her other stuff and ended up buying the album.

Last edited:
LOL...most of you won't know them. They are from the 60s. All the Best of the Lovin' Spoonful.
Did you ever have to make up your mind?
Pick up on one and leave the other one behind
It's not often easy, and not often kind
Did you ever have to make up your mind?

foxy brown - hot spot
lol, im one of the only hip hop people on this site. I call shotgun on the clippers game road trip. the radio is MINE!

White army: Black Barons... :D

i know its a soviet union (or so i was told) song but strangely enough it makes me focus when i study cause of it....

:D

Then i Switched it to

Fabolous - My time...

pumps me up every time... first heard it during the 09 draft... really great song

Last edited:

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
The Devin Townsend Project - Bend it Like Bender

I'm really liking this group. Devin Townsend is a great artist, and Anneke's voice goes so well with the music. I wanted to link to Supercrush!, but I couldn't find a video:

[yt=Bend it like Bender]FaCefwkz4HY[/yt]

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I remember having a thread like this a few years back just people posting about music they are currently listening to from all sorts of genres so I figured I'd start a thread of all music here whether it be videos or photos, concerts visited, etc. and see if this thread grows any legs.

To start things off, I don't know how many people on this board listen to Hip-Hop but I love the underground variety, so to kick start my day I've been listening to Binary Star.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
New music from Joey Bada$$....this kid will be blowing up real soon.

NOTE: The YouTube clip for this post has been deleted. This is a FAMILY FRIENDLY board. That means you don't post music clips with profanity, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see this thread being revived and attracting new attention.

Over the last 2 years, I've discovered and fallen in love with M83. I highly recommend anything of theirs. As they've gained a decent following, you've probably heard one or more of their songs and didn't know it was them.

Other recent favorites of mine are Coasts and Echosmith.

been listening to a lot of War On Drugs as we [slowly] transition towards autumn. they rather unabashedly fall into the realm of "dad rock," drawing their influences from Born in the U.S.A.-era Boss, Tom Petty, Rod Stewart, Dire Straits, John Cougar Mellencamp, Don Henley, etc. it's quite refreshing to hear contemporary music so un-ironically nodding in the direction of a particular kind of heartland music that's been deemed "uncool" at this moment in the zeitgeist...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
How am I supposed to post Hip-Hop videos when about 90% of it has profanity? Shake my head. By the way, thanks for resurrecting this thread.