What an abysmal offseason.

Why the hell you want to keep Holmes, he's pathetic? I seen enough of him on the court to know he's pathetic. His pick n roll defend is atrocious leaving guy free lane to the hoop because he's either too slow or just not smart enough to recognize the situation. His lazy half effort on the court when giving playing time isn't doing much for the team. His contract is big and it is taking up a wasted spot on the team roster. What they done is great to free up the cap and re-sign their players. You think that even without that cap, they still can sign Barnes and all those players? Nah...you don't know what you're talking about....they could have lost Harrison Barnes if they didn't get the cap space and they might not be able to extend Sabonis contract.
I think something is getting lost in translation.

We need a wing.

I see it as a gaping hole in the roster.

With that wing I will feel confident but right now I think it's a major issue.

And when I say wing I envision someone that can guard out in the perimeter and rebound.

Someone that can guard 3-4 and ideally provide toughness to the team.

I don't think it should be THAT hard to find this person I bet that person could even be found in the G-league but this person needs to be added.

Beyond that I think the roster is fine but we need to fill this void imo
How is this not Keegan Murray. Do you mean we need a back up wing??

We need a wing.

I see it as a gaping hole in the roster.

With that wing I will feel confident but right now I think it's a major issue.

And when I say wing I envision someone that can guard out in the perimeter and rebound.

Someone that can guard 3-4 and ideally provide toughness to the team.

I don't think it should be THAT hard to find this person
I bet that person could even be found in the G-league but this person needs to be added.

Beyond that I think the roster is fine but we need to fill this void imo
Versatile wings like that are always sought after. Bruce Brown was that guy this off-season and got a ton of interest. Even at 6'4 look how fast he flew off the board

When you have curry and looney having nights like they did you are going to loose.
We were hurt and in the second half our offense stunk.
When you have curry making 9 more shots than our combined reserves and Barnes only played like 14 or 15 minutes so looneys 21 rebounds had to come against someone else also.
There was plenty of blame to go around and to only score 42 points in the second half anybody in the nba should of torched us.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
People acting like teams don't naturally get better with continuity and good coaching.

Fox/Domas/Keegan and (hopefully) Monk as our perennial 6MotY contender is a pretty legit core.
Teams can get better with continuity and good coaching but as NBA fans we all know that the main ways teams get better is by adding superstars like Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, or Kyle Kuzma.

I do wonder if Brown would want a "defensive opener" like Craig and Barnes fills the utility forward role off the bench. I'd be curious if the KZ experiment was not wanting to rush Keegan, or was that his prefered route to get a defender in the starting 5.
Next year I'd bet the kid gloves are off. If the Kings need defense in the starting unit, Sasha vastly outplays someone, Monk is vastly outplaying Huerter, etc. Brown could very well be at a point where he just starts pushing his rotation one way or another. In the playoffs he did. The players that were given the full on green light were Fox and Domas, that's his ain't touching nothing guys right there.

People acting like teams don't naturally get better with continuity and good coaching.

Fox/Domas/Keegan and (hopefully) Monk as our perennial 6MotY contender is a pretty legit core.
Yeah, but like a 1st pick in a draft where you have an Anthony Bennett waiting there instead of a LeBron, it's all relative. Plenty of other teams not only got better but they added perennial all star talent. The Kings need to hit the ground running and show teams they aren't budging early.

Teams can get better with continuity and good coaching but as NBA fans we all know that the main ways teams get better is by adding superstars like Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, or Kyle Kuzma.
Haha, look, clearly the Lakers and Suns did. Kings out in the first round. Suns the only team to beat the Nuggz more than a single time and that's with 8 games of experience with Durant and Booker together. THAT'S INSANE! The Lakers all the way to the WCF. Now that might not carry over but Monte can't be ducking his head in the sand either and I'm sure he's not.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
And one of the ways teams get worse is adding superstars that either do not fit or fail to make the team better for other reasons like Stephon Marbury, Delonte West, Antone Walker and Kyrie Irving. Also I am not sure many people would apply the term "superstar" to Kyle Kuzma.

Duarte is an excellent 2-3 defender. Sasha has been in the works for a while. We have 8M in cap space to shore up interior D. At the least, can you acknowledge that Len did a great job at that late in the season when he was finally given minutes?
Yeah I like Len. I’m not anti Kessler or Alex. I’m anti not taking advantage of your one opportunity to significantly improve the team. We are now cap constrained and without our first round pick next year. We missed a major opportunity winning orgs don’t miss.

Duarte isn’t long enough to be an effective 2-3 defender. He is going to be fighting with Jones for TD minutes. All you eggs are in the Kessler bucket so we better hope he shoots better.

we really need to start
Domas
Keegan
Kessler
Huerter
Fox

this allows Edwards to take the other teams best 2-3. It frees up Keegan and Huerter depending on match-ups and to bring Barnes off the bench. We shall see if it’s possible.

Last edited:
Haha, look, clearly the Lakers and Suns did. Kings out in the first round. Suns the only team to beat the Nuggz more than a single time and that's with 8 games of experience with Durant and Booker together. THAT'S INSANE! The Lakers all the way to the WCF. Now that might not carry over but Monte can't be ducking his head in the sand either and I'm sure he's not.
We had the same chance as any of the top 8 teams to win the championship.

The teams that added the "star" or whatever are not going to be better.

I will say this for the umpteenth time... CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE NOT WON ON PAPER!!!

Not to mention we have had a good team for ONE YEAR.. Let these guys grow ffs before we start getting all pissy because we didn't land a star who probably wouldn't make us better. Another thing, who cares about not drafting Prosper? Usually players at his level do not make superstars.

Sabonis is a top 5 center in the league.
Fox is a top 5 PG in the league.
Hueter and Barnes kill it from the outside, and can still light it up if one of our stars is having an off night.
Murray was a rookie yet he was a main contributor on a team that was a top 3 team in the west.

Monk is probably one of the best 6th men in the league right now and he can take over games just like any elite scorer.
Lyles is an awesome stretch 4 and shoots a high 3pt%.
Sasha was the Euro League MV(freaking)P
Duarte can be a good guy off the bench, and like others have said, he plays well with Sabonis.
Davion is a good player when he gets the minutes.

What else can you ask for? It's a good team on paper, and it's a good team on the court. People fixate too much on adding a star player. Then there is one ball to go around I would rather have players that can play together rather than having players that can put up 30 points a game, while alienating his teammates like Allen Iverson did in so many games during his career. The AD and LBJ experiment was doomed to fail, and they weren't even that good when they weren't injured. They just have GS's number like we had the Lakers number. If we beat Golden State we would have easily beat the Lakers in 5 or 6 games.... Saying we were one Barnes 3 away from the WCF is a true statement in my opinion.

Yeah I like Len. I’m not anti Kessler or Alex. I’m anti not taking advantage of your one opportunity to significantly improve the team. We are now cap constrained and without our first round pick next year. We missed a major opportunity winning orgs don’t miss.

Duarte isn’t long enough to be an effective 2-3 defender. He is going to be fighting with Jones for TD minutes. All you eggs are in the Kessler bucket so we better hope he shoots better.

we really need to start
Domas
Keegan
Kessler
Huerter
Fox

this allows Edwards to take the other teams best 2-3. It frees up Keegan and Huerter depending on match-ups and to bring Barnes off the bench. We shall see if it’s possible.

Well we can certainly agree on hoping Kessler finds a place in the starting lineup. But even if he doesn't, he's another one of these defensive wings that Monte seems to be stacking up on. I was just a little gobsmacked that someone would think this was such a massive need for us. I joked the other day that Monte is preparing for the day when all NBA players are between 6'5" and 6'8". How these draft picks pan out will certainly be interesting. Could be that Monte sees the same need that you do but chose to go about it through the draft... hoping at least one of those guys pans out. But... we seem to have a monster three and D guy on the roster already in Kessler. I expect him to take a huge leap this year.

Last edited:
Also "WE SOLD A FRP SO VIVEK COULD BE CHEAP" when he just spent $217 mil on a Domas extension.
+1,000,000

Seriously, these people can’t make more baseless, ridiculous arguments than they’re already making.

Let’s not forget that, despite his inexperience and wanton hubris in thinking he knew how to GM an NBA team, Vivek spent how much $$$ leading the $535M purchase of the team, building the public/private arena, and the Sawyer property next door?

Dude sure wasn’t cheap WRT what he’s already invested in this city and sure hasn’t allowed elite talent to leave the team because he refused to pay them market value or better.

The Swipa and Domas contracts, along with the arena and ancillary construction, are prime examples proving this “Vivek is cheap” narrative false.

These nonsensical KINGS fans need to talk to Oakland A’s fans to discover what cheap really is.

You think Monte didn't pursue avenues to "significantly improve the team"?
Exactly.

Not that every rumor/report was legit and real, but there was enough smoke regarding MM’s interest in OG and/or Siakam to believe he was at least looking into it.

Reputable reports were that multiple org’s found it difficult to work with Toronto’s FO.

Clearly the cost was more than MM was willing to pay. That happens a lot, actually.

We are now cap constrained and without our first round pick next year. We missed a major opportunity winning orgs don’t miss.
It's definitely a missed opportunity to add assets when the team has cap space. Then again, this year's FA class is very underwhelming and no one really addresses our deficiencies. Maybe Monte thought instead of giving out bad contracts just to utilize the cap space, it is better to retain tradeable assets and flip them in the future for someone who can actually fill a need for the team? Finding a willing trade partner is not easy though.

+1,000,000

Seriously, these people can’t make more baseless, ridiculous arguments than they’re already making.

Let’s not forget that, despite his inexperience and wanton hubris in thinking he knew how to GM an NBA team, Vivek spent how much $$$ leading the $535M purchase of the team, building the public/private arena, and the Sawyer property next door?

Dude sure wasn’t cheap WRT what he’s already invested in this city and sure hasn’t allowed elite talent to leave the team because he refused to pay them market value or better.

The Swipa and Domas contracts, along with the arena and ancillary construction, are prime examples proving this “Vivek is cheap” narrative false.

These nonsensical KINGS fans need to talk to Oakland A’s fans to discover what cheap really is.
Kings fans have some of most negative thinking I've seen in sports. It's infuriating.

I'd also like to know where this supposed star player would have fit within the offense that we didn't sign because of either incompetence by our reigning EOY Monte McNair or Vivek's greedy little hands.

Again, I've still not heard valid suggestions about what you would have done. Gimme the exact scenarios.

The closest thing I've heard is that this offseason was a complete disaster because we didn't get a bench player three and D guy (despite bringing Kessler back and drafting two very three and D type wings, and adding Duarte). It was a disaster because we got B- three and d guys instead of B+ three and D guys. Fire the entire front office.

Abysmal is a very strong word. I’d say underwhelming.

We’re running it back with a team that did very well last season. We signed everyone to very reasonable contracts and locked up Domas long term. We didn’t address some glaring gaps in the roster, but we didn’t lose any key pieces either, and MAYBE gained some key guys in low risk deals.

Still not a fan of selling the pick, but maybe Jones was the guy they wanted all along, and it made sense in the long run.

I’m definitely underwhelmed, but I don’t think the upgrades we needed were really available this off-season in free agency, and considering that the team has been linked to a lot of trades recently, I’m betting Monte is hoping to make the bigger upgrades through trades.

I do think some other teams got better while we mostly stayed the same, but I’m really REALLY hoping that the continuity and progression of our key players will be enough to see some level of improvement.

Well we can certainly agree on hoping Kessler finds a place in the starting lineup. But even if he doesn't, he's another one of these defensive wings that Monte seems to be stacking up on. I was just a little gobsmacked that someone would think this was such a massive need for us. I joked the other day that Monte is preparing for the day when all NBA players are between 6'5" and 6'8". How these draft picks pan out will certainly be interesting. Could be that Monte sees the same need that you do but chose to go about it through the draft... hoping at least one of those guys pans out. But... we seem to have a monster three and D guy on the roster already in Kessler. I expect him to take a huge leap this year.
we have a bunch of 4’s. Even Keegan who is great was thought to be a little slow laterally. Barnes most teams want to play at the 4. Lyles the same and I won’t even bother about Vezenkov……

One of the reasons we were so bad on defense and kept trying Okpala and the Kessler.