Welcome Tyrese Haliburton

wow, Kings got very fortunate here. Better than i could have imagined Welcome to Sacramento Tyrese. To get a pick like him at number 12 is GREAT

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
not really sure what to expect out of Tyrese but I sure would love to see a player that gets after it, defends and makes smart basketball decisions and I think the Kings' fan base will love him

+s Reminds me of Mark Jackson - the way he plays. Good patience with plays. Executes the precision passing well. Not too flashy. Decent looking shot.........
-s body is too thin - he's gonna get pushed around and injured (if he doesn't bulk up).....not particularly athletic looking, no left. - hardly uses his left - 80% of highlight drive finishes were scoop shots to the right off the dribble., defense looked average.

Pre-draft rank 6 available at 12 - looks like Kings went for best ranked player available.

He looks like a half-court, throw-back style player. See how he works out....in some ways he's similar bogdanovic.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well, as many of you know, this was my guy, and I'm stunned that he fell to us. As I've said before, I had him as the best player in this draft. He can play the point, or SG positions because of his 6'5" height and big wingspan. He had one of the best, if not the best assist to turnover ratio's in college. He hardly ever turns the ball over. He's an excellent shooter, even though his form looks a bit funky, shooting over 40% from the three. He's an excellent defender with terrific BBIQ. Other than him needing to add some muscle to his frame, he has no apparent weakness to his game.

I'am now going to celebrate! Merry Christmas, the basketball God's have finally smiled on us.

Well, as many of you know, this was my guy, and I'm stunned that he fell to us. As I've said before, I had him as the best player in this draft. He can play the point, or SG positions because of his 6'5" height and big wingspan. He had one of the best, if not the best assist to turnover ratio's in college. He hardly ever turns the ball over. He's an excellent shooter, even though his form looks a bit funky, shooting over 40% from the three. He's an excellent defender with terrific BBIQ. Other than him needing to add some muscle to his frame, he has no apparent weakness to his game.

I'am now going to celebrate! Merry Christmas, the basketball God's have finally smiled on us.
Wow, I know all the mocks had him a lot higher than #12, but this praise from Baja is pretty nice to hear! We Kings Fans deserve this:)

Well, the basketball God's smiled on the Kings 2 years ago with the 2nd pick, which has not turned out very well. Anyway.....
I'll admit I haven't followed this draft at all. I didn't like Jayson Tatum before the 2017 draft, but you could make a strong case he's the best player of that draft. Looks like generally Halliburton was mocked at range 6-8, so picking him up at 12 ;hopefully helps make up offensively for Bogdanovic's departure. The Kings really need Bagley to stay healthy the upcoming season to enable development. He showed flashes his rookie year before all the injuries.

The Athletic’s draft expert Sam Vecenie

“His feel for the game is just absolutely off the charts,” Vecenie said. “He has a case for having the highest basketball IQ in this draft class. Makes the right decision all the time. Keeps the offense in flow. That starts as a ballhandler.”

“Hit 49.3 percent of his catch-and-shoot jumpers this year, with all of the makes being 3s. That gave him a pretty outrageous 73.9 effective field goal percentage on such shots. According to Synergy, that was the sixth-best mark among the 623 players nationally to take at least three such shots per game. Within the top-100, only Aaron Nesmith was better.”

Picked this up somewhere......

"
After Tyrese Haliburton broke his wrist in February, he took over the role of coach, helping lead the Iowa State scout team in practice every day and also having an active voice in film study. During games, he was just as lively and engaged on the sideline as when he was playing.
“He has the same spirt every day,” Iowa State coach Steve Prohm says. “He’s upbeat. He communicates. He’s fun to be around, and (in the NBA) he’ll be a sponge around those older guys and those veteran guys to learn.”
The Sacramento Kings selected Haliburton with the 12th pick in the NBA Draft on Wednesday, and right away they are getting one of the best teammates in the league."

Sounds ok to me