Welcome PJ Dozier

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
Maybe Monk is going to be out awhile? Why not give Keon a chance?
I actually like this swing quite a bit. Has a history of NBA success, can defend the wing, great rebounder for his size. Similar idea to what Chima could have potentially brought, but PJ Dozier has some NBA experience.

Keon is a guard defender imo. I just don't think the frame can withstand the 6'7+ wings. Dozier can

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
Or maybe there is going to be an eventual trade involving one of the bigs and they are just looking at wing depth. What I read is that Dozier who actually played well for Denver before tearing his ACL has a potential guy in his corner in Jordi who was there at the time
Oh that's really interesting. Might be the reason he fell out of favor their in DEN. Because he was a pretty big part of that 19-20/20-21 DEN teams. Dude played 12 games in the playoffs for them (albeit 10 MPG, but still. Not normally a guy who's available for a 10-day).

Jordi connection is another good link.

kb02

All-Star
i like dozier. He‘s like a poor, poor, poor man’s Doug. Though this need for wing depth coulda been fixed had the middle manager traded down n drafted Jalen Williams n Dyson Daniels. Creativity aint a strength of his.

I had to read his 2017 nba draft bio.
7 ft wingspan on a 6’6” point/ shooting guard. Guess that can defend the 1-3.
South Carolina player, not sure about the Iowa connection but, makes me think maybe TD will be shopped along with Holmes.

South Carolina player, not sure about the Iowa connection but, makes me think maybe TD will be shopped along with Holmes.
archetype wise, he's exactly what we're looking for in terms of a swing 1-3 defender that can actually guard down to bigger positions. Outside of Keegan and KZ, we don't have anyone else capable of that

He plays for the Iowa Wolves in the G league

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Or maybe there is going to be an eventual trade involving one of the bigs and they are just looking at wing depth. What I read is that Dozier who actually played well for Denver before tearing his ACL has a potential guy in his corner in Jordi who was there at the time
That could explain it. Perhaps it's another player that can grasp whatever the heck the plan is on defense in practice, lol.

Since Dec 1, TD is shooting 38% from the field and 26% from 3 with a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio and 2 fouls per 11 minutes. Those numbers are pretty much unplayable

With Monk limited we have pretty terrible guard depth so I expect the FO is looking for some answers

Since Dec 1, TD is shooting 38% from the field and 26% from 3 with a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio and 2 fouls per 11 minutes. Those numbers are pretty much unplayable

With Monk limited we have pretty terrible guard depth so I expect the FO is looking for some answers
He's a rhythm player, like most players. Very tough to get any good feel going, when you get very limited or no time in the games. If Brown was really interested in keeping him in the rotation, he should have allowed him to play through a couple mistakes and not sat him for several games, after he had already missed a few games with the back injury. Come to think of it, he hasn't been the same offensive player since that injury

He's a rhythm player, like most players. Very tough to get any good feel going, when you get very limited or no time in the games. If Brown was really interested in keeping him in the rotation, he should have allowed him to play through a couple mistakes and not sat him for several games, after he had already missed a few games with the back injury. Come to think of it, he hasn't been the same offensive player since that injury
October - November he was shooting 41% from 3 on close to 4 attempts a game before missing a handful of games in early December with a back injury, so certainly a likelihood his slump is connected to that. Unfortunate after having his season shut down early last year as well, especially with all the promise he’s shown

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I remember him on the Nuggets but don't really recollect what his strengths were. I'd imagine it's for his defense since Brown is practically pleading for it after every loss

His last appearance was 11/23/21 with a torn ACL. Just over a year out from an injury like this makes it seem like a reclamation project of sorts. FO definitely looking for some answers
That makes even more sense then, yeah. So basically got hurt while a crucial part of the rotation and now we're seeing if he's still got that same game post-injury. If he does, he was good enough to be a DEN rotation player, so he should be good enough for us.

Seeing Dozier is listed as a combo guard coming out of college, i’m also curious about his point skills.
Sounds like he’s a pretty smart/versatile player so can now see TD being part of a bigger move.

Seeing Dozier is listed as a combo guard coming out of college, i’m also curious about his point skills.
Sounds like he’s a pretty smart/versatile player so can now see TD being part of a bigger move.
I have speculated that perhaps the reason Davis has not been playing is that he is now on the trade block.

don't know the guy but it's time to shake up the bottom of the roster and its a 10 day
Got to find a playable 8th and 9th man in the rotation. Lyles and TD are probably fine for your 10/11 spots, but TD has to play out of position to get minutes when everyone is healthy and Lyles just seems like he's mostly getting phased out of his skill-set. Holmes has pretty well lost it, Len has been a goner, we can't really afford to find out if Queta can play or not in a season we're trying to win.

Maybe KZ and Dozier can fill that defensive void off the bench. Go find a cheap back-up C pick-up (Plumlee, Noel, Collins, etc) and see what we can do

I already see Dozier better than the following players on the Kings roster after watching his highlights: Okpala, Terrence Davis, Metu, Trey Lyle, Holmes.

I had no idea what happened to him cause he was a decent rotation player than never seeing him again, i didn't even know he was injured and always wondered why would Denver let him go.

Roster definately needs a shot in the arm. Prob needs a few.

I'm not one for player comparisons, but a better passing Corey Brewer(?) sure.

Wing defenders are a need on this team. Now fix the secondary defense, you know in the interior.