Kings waiving PJ Dozier

Jordan Ford would be the better option considering how many wings we already have. We still need that 3rd PG for insurance.

I like Jordan Ford, he reminds me of Seth Curry. I hope the Kings sign him to one of their 2-Way contracts ASAP, before some other team tries to swoop him up.

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
Yes, this is interesting. Does that mean we have 2 spots open? Neemi and Keon get deals? Ford gets a 2 way?
I think Queta makes the team, one of Ford or Ellis make the team and then the other gets a two way.

14. Queta
15. Ford/ellis

Two way:
Slawson
Ellis/ford
???

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Queta either makes the main roster or the Kings move on.

I think Ford gets the 3rd two way contract along with Ellis and Slawson, Stephens stays on the Exhibit 10 and the Kings look to fill that last roster slot via free agency.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I think Queta either makes the main roster or the Kings move on.

I think Ford gets the 3rd two way contract along with Ellis and Slawson, Stephens stays on the Exhibit 10 and the Kings look to fill that last roster slot via free agency.
As far as I understand it the Kings have made a qualifying offer to Queta for the King's roster. It's my understanding that they can't put him on a third two way contract. So if Queta accepts the offer he's on the team, although I guess they could wait and pay them off but that's some silly.

dude12

Hall of Famer
At this point, we are looking at deep deep roster spots. I would give it to one of the young guys or a vet like Delly who will accept his role understanding he’s an option when there is an injury. Dont need a vet who is looking for playing time and disrupting the vibe. I think Ellis and Queta on regular contracts can pay dividends down the road: shows prospects that put in time and improve there is a path and also, Monte is stacking up guards right now which could create a trade opportunity with our regular rotation guys.

All this talk of Ford.
Last summer we had a Ferrari, what's next? A pinto?
Yeah uh.. well Jordan Ford is actually quite a bit better than Frankie Ferrari in my book. Watching Ferrari last year had me thinking "what year is this?" like i need to check the calander type of confusion (why am i still watching this player hahah) but I guess The Dauminator Mike Daum on this years team is in that same vein.

Ford obviously played well last season in Stockton.. But i mean he draws NO FTA's at all, 1.1FTA's vs 11.3FGA's thats brutal... but I'd certainly have a much more wait-and-see approach.. I mean at the NBA level he's gotta be pretty damn limited defensively..

When I hear a name like that it's like the Trayce Jackson-Davis thing in this years draft everyone round here got rosey eyes over.. It's like, but, couldnt the kings had this player for a while now if they really wanted him. Whats changed? Whats the onus all of a sudden?

On the other hand -- I truly wanted an all offense reliable 3pt shooter as the 3rd string PG last year n we got delly who didnt do much for us tbh, n we lost in the playoffs with Davion attempting 7 3's in a game, kinda like just what i was worried about.. So definitely dont paint me some Jordan Ford hater, I watched him in college, he was a high ranked recruit, knew bout his recruitment used to watch st. marys just to see his progress.

but yeah this is just more fallout from the Duarte trade.. Pretty much you'd hope Duarte can handle the Terence Davis and PJ Dozier spots on the depth chart from last season which opens up more room for depth in the frontcourt or at PG.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm routing for Ford to make the roster. He reminds me a lot of Tyus Jones in his height, quickness, speed, and BBIQ. He seems to have an innate feel for the game. He's just got to be good enough in his outside shooting in order to get those NBA minutes.

There's a movie about that, you know. ;)
Is it any good? or is it like blatant product placement / a glorified ad?

I've heard the Hans Zimmer score from it, certified banger, but that goes without saying. Kinda figured that would be the best part of the whole thing..

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Is it any good? or is it like blatant product placement / a glorified ad?

I've heard the Hans Zimmer score from it, certified banger, but that goes without saying. Kinda figured that would be the best part of the whole thing..
Pretty high-end vehicles for product placement but I suppose some people might casually go out to seeking GT after watching the movie.