Welcome Perry and Bornn

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Welcome to Sacramento Scott Perry and Luke Bornn. You guys will love the Fans and watch out for Vlade's practical jokes.
Divac: Scott! Luke! Welcome to team!
Perry: Thanks, Vlade!
Bornn: Glad to be here!
Divac: Boys, I have news for you. You may have seen otherwise in papers, but I did NOT trade franchise player for Buddy Hield and protected pick.
(Perry and Bornn look at each other quizzically)
Divac: Just kidding! I DID trade franchise player for Buddy Hield and protected pick. Heh heh heh.
Perry: Yeah, Vlade, we actually knew about...
Divac: APRIL FOOL! You guys so gullible!
Bornn: Vlade, April Fools' Day was like three weeks ago...?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Divac: Scott! Luke! Welcome to team!
Perry: Thanks, Vlade!
Bornn: Glad to be here!
Divac: Boys, I have news for you. You may have seen otherwise in papers, but I did NOT trade franchise player for Buddy Hield and protected pick.
(Perry and Bornn look at each other quizzically)
Divac: Just kidding! I DID trade franchise player for Buddy Hield and protected pick. Heh heh heh.
Perry: Yeah, Vlade, we actually knew about...
Divac: APRIL FOOL! You guys so gullible!
Bornn: Vlade, April Fools' Day was like three weeks ago...?

Part II
Vivek pops his head around the door.
Vivek: Hey guys! Just wanted to let you guys know that I am here if there's anything you need.
Perry: Well actually-
Vivek: Anyways, how about that Monk guy? Sure looks like a young Steph Curry. Purple'd look good on him...
Vivek: I said PURPLE'D LOOK GOOD ON HIM!

Vivek slams the door shut, leaving an awkward silence in his wake. Vlade laughs nervously.
Vlade: Hahaha. Sorry about that guys. Sometimes Vivek gets like that. Now where were we? Oh right! Drafting Rodions Kurucs!
Perry and Bornn exchange a nervous glance.

Part II
Vivek pops his head around the door.
Vivek: Hey guys! Just wanted to let you guys know that I am here if there's anything you need.
Perry: Well actually-
Vivek: Anyways, how about that Monk guy? Sure looks like a young Steph Curry. Purple'd look good on him...
Vivek: I said PURPLE'D LOOK GOOD ON HIM!

Vivek slams the door shut, leaving an awkward silence in his wake. Vlade laughs nervously.
Vlade: Hahaha. Sorry about that guys. Sometimes Vivek gets like that. Now where were we? Oh right! Drafting Rodions Kurucs!
Perry and Bornn exchange a nervous glance.
Dude, you got it all wrong.

Luke Kennard is the one who shoots like Steph and big like Klay.

The great thing is they're here with plenty of time before the draft and free agency period. Welcome aboard!
We can't emphasize this enough. It's a great thing, that Vlade and his FO guys and Joerger and his staff can sit down and really talk things through without the draft already putting too much pressure on them. Elaborate how this franchise should move forward, which style of basketball should be our brand and than draft players accordingly. This is how things should be. I hope we don't see eventual power conflicts, conflicts about style of play and KANGZ like backstabbing ever again. Tired of it.

Happens to be one of my favorite Dukie's. He'll find a spot on an NBA team. Dude and shoot and handle, and he's tough. Contrary to popular belief, he was the heart and soul of Duke's team.
nbadraft.net compare Luke to Nik Stauskas and Jeff Hornacek. I don't see how you can put those two players in the same comparison.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
nbadraft.net compare Luke to Nik Stauskas and Jeff Hornacek. I don't see how you can put those two players in the same comparison.
I'll be honest with you. There are a lot of players that came into the NBA that were capable of playing in the NBA, but got drafted by the wrong team. It's all about fit. We've blamed the Kings for not having a system to develop players, but at the same time, we want to blame the players for not developing. One begets the other. If Stauskas had been drafted by the Spurs, would he turned out the same way so far?

That said, Hornacek was a great player, and a perfect fit next to Stockton and Malone. On that point, I agree with you.