Welcome Neemias Queta

The analyst from yesterday's game had a pretty good read on Queta. He needs to play bigger and stronger. Was getting completely dislodged from his position by much smaller players. There's a reason why Terry seems like he's a constant terror on the glass, while the much bigger and more imposing Queta is no where to be seen on the boards half the time. Will be interesting to follow his development. He could easily be Clint Capela 2.0 but he's going to have to get tougher.
Yeah, physically, he's probably one of the biggest dudes in the NBA, but I wonder if he just doesn't know how to use his body because he's never really had to in his life. Just by existing has been able to get by on his physical measurements.

That will be his deciding factor though for him to break into an NBA rotation. I think he's a natural rim protector going straight up to contest shots, the rim running is pretty good, he has a good touch around the rim, he's got a little vision/passing ability. And the athleticism gives him a leg up on the other giant stiffs that are common in his player archetype. But man, his rebound rate for Vegas had to be like 8-9%.... maybe even lower. Just unplayable for what he needs to be in the NBA.

The analyst from yesterday's game had a pretty good read on Queta. He needs to play bigger and stronger. Was getting completely dislodged from his position by much smaller players. There's a reason why Terry seems like he's a constant terror on the glass, while the much bigger and more imposing Queta is no where to be seen on the boards half the time. Will be interesting to follow his development. He could easily be Clint Capela 2.0 but he's going to have to get tougher.
Pretty much what I saw in 10 minutes in the California Classic.

Add weaker than could be finishing ability.

Raw talent. Not very good hands. Not very aggressive. Not very strong.
Maybe he can learn it.
He’s very moldable from what I can tell. I also watched him throughout college. He’s got a lot of energy for a big man, he can be a solid 2nd unit center.

Ive seen and heard it pronounced a handful of ways including by some native Portuguese speakers so I found it pretty confusing.
Might depend on if from Portugal or Brazil where accent different. Of course, Queta born in Portugal but parents from Guinea-Bissau one of three long held colonies in Africa who fought long, bloody wars for independence (Mozambique, Angola).