Welcome Neemias Queta

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I wouldn't have guessed Portugal had been shut out.
Me neither, especially since Spain is right next door and has become a prospect factory for the NBA. It's too early to tell of course but just in terms of my pre-draft rankings this is among my favorite Kings draft classes. Welcome to the team Neemias! All you need to do is punk the Lakers 4 times a year and you'll be beloved in Sacramento forever!

Wow, just watched some clips of him, totally impressed.

He will provide the size to guard the jokic's / valenciunas of the league but what impressed me the most was his footwork and passing.

Man hes got some great footwork , you can tell he's skilled, nice shot too.

I like this pick. Not sure about his perimeter defense though but there's a lot of skill there

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Wow, just watched some clips of him, totally impressed.

He will provide the size to guard the jokic's / valenciunas of the league but what impressed me the most was his footwork and passing.

Man hes got some great footwork , you can tell he's skilled, nice shot too.

I like this pick. Not sure about his perimeter defense though but there's a lot of skill there
The thing about him is that he's so nimble on offense you'd assume he'd be mobile on defense and then he/ll have huge spans where he's useless on the perimeter.

The thing about him is that he's so nimble on offense you'd assume he'd be mobile on defense and then he/ll have huge spans where he's useless on the perimeter.
Yea he seems just a tad slow, but also really big so I mean I guess there's a sort of trade off there. The big question is how he would do in the pick & roll. Holmes is definitely more agile to my eyes but again, less size.

Yea he seems just a tad slow, but also really big so I mean I guess there's a sort of trade off there. The big question is how he would do in the pick & roll. Holmes is definitely more agile to my eyes but again, less size.
Yeah, he is not elite laterally, but he makes uo for it with size and length. It's how Embiid and Ayton get by, they aren't the quickest laterally but are able to make up for it with their length.

I watch San Diego State Basketball and Utah State is in the same conference. This guy is a pest and he alters shots. Definitely needs to learn how to
Shoot though lol

gunks

Hall of Famer
Whiteside 2.0?

This guy seems like he’ll be fun to cheer for, even if he’ll likely only play spot minutes next season.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Whiteside 2.0?

This guy seems like he’ll be fun to cheer for, even if he’ll likely only play spot minutes next season.
Has a chance to play more than that.
Unlike a lot of other college shotblocker types, Queta has a pretty good feel for the game and more importantly isn’t completely lost on offense/ shoots well enough from the line to not get hacked every ten seconds.

Dude wasn't on my radar. But from watching some vids, my initial thoughts:

Pros:
1. Legit size,
2. Not a black hole,
3. Physical.
4. Plays within the team.
5. Has nice touch with that midrange.

Cons:
1. Dude's low post moves need a lot of work. A LOT. Can we put some Sengun film in front of him and show him how low Sengun is on his low post moves?
2. Right hand dominate.
3. Not sure if he'll be able to switch on the perimeter.

Meh: Not an uber athlete, but not a turtle either.

At 39? Why not. Really bummed Jones did not reach the Kings there.

Pros:
1. Legit size,
2. Not a black hole,
3. Physical.

Cons:
1. Dude's low post moves need a lot of work. A LOT. Can we put some Sengun film in front of him and show him how low Sengun is on his low post moves?
2. Right hand dominate.

Came to a lot of the same conclusions. Think he'll have a chance to stick more than most of the big "stiffs" because he is a little more athletic and might have *just* enough to not totally get rocked in the PnR. Regardless, one of his strengths is his ability to recover and seems like he uses his enormous length extremely well.

The passing touch was super surprising. I don't think he's Harry Giles or anything, but if he can add a 15-17 foot mid-range, he'll force bigs to play up on him because I think he will be able to hit cutters.

Came to a lot of the same conclusions. Think he'll have a chance to stick more than most of the big "stiffs" because he is a little more athletic and might have *just* enough to not totally get rocked in the PnR. Regardless, one of his strengths is his ability to recover and seems like he uses his enormous length extremely well.

The passing touch was super surprising. I don't think he's Harry Giles or anything, but if he can add a 15-17 foot mid-range, he'll force bigs to play up on him because I think he will be able to hit cutters.
Not being a black hole in the paint is a win in my book. Safe to say dude will be the Kings best passing big from day one (which, admittedly, ain't saying much).

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Pros:
1. Legit size,
2. Not a black hole,
3. Physical.

Cons:
2. Right hand dominate.

mostly agree with you on this assessment. One other pro that I would probably add is just his feel for passing lanes. He reads lanes well on defense and is surprisingly good at finding people with passes on offense. Not sure how necessary a skill it is for a guy who projects to be a finisher more than an initiator but it’s a nifty skill for a big to have.

To be fair, not sure how much we want to be posting Queta up with three guards like Fox, Haliburton, and Mitchell on the roster.

Pros:
1. Legit size,
2. Not a black hole,
3. Physical.

Cons:
2. Right hand dominate.

Well we picked a guy who is a black hole is left hand dominant has no post moves and can't pass or shoot at number 2. So I see this as a big improvement in talent evaluation.