Welcome Jalen McDaniels

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Im not really concerned one way or the other on this one. Curious what happens next. The dreams of mitchell being some “sweetener” in some bigger deal were laughable. He may well be in the league for a while but I just don’t think he had much value around the league.
Yeah, like this is very much the trade that becomes fuel for Davion’s career and turns him into that stud starting guard for the Raptors but he was unfortunately never going to become that here with the guys in front of him

So Mitchell + Sasha are valued at zero or less than zero.o_O McNair had to literally give up two 2nd round picks in order get rid of them and get some salary and Keon Edwards redux. I guess we should all be happy he didn't add a 1st to the package to get a few mill and the MLE. OMG. This guy for whom they are clearing salary cap space better be damned good is all I have to say. This doesn't auger well for future trade(s) we might see involving Heurter and Barnes.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Yeah but Keon Ellis was also undrafted which doesn’t require a second round pick in the first place.
And people forget agents tell teams not to draft them in second round and they won’t sign two-ways. In fact this whole extra day thing is probably going to make that a bigger problem since now the major first round snubs agents have 24 hours to be on the horn working back room deals.

There are some decent players left. Flowers. PJ Hall. Ingram.

I'm just salting those wounds.
I really don't think Monte prepared for Carter to actually be at the Kings pick and didn't think he'd be keeping it. Bringing Monk back and keeping the pick meant no MLE and less flexibility to make a deal. The Raps kind of held him over a barrel but it could have been worse. Again, in totality he added Devin Carter when he never should have been able to.