Welcome Jalen McDaniels

Well, time for the annual "let's get upset about trading a 2nd round pick even though those guys rarely if ever even crack a bench rotation spot in the NBA" complaints!

We all knew Davion was gonna go after the Carter pick, which looks like an instant upgrade. Sasha didn't work out last season and there was already smoke about him grumbling or considering a return to Europe.

This is not a needle mover in either direction but helps to clear out the guard logjam that everyone was bellyaching about yesterday.
Using 2 seconds to dump useful players is dumb, unless the corresponding move makes it worth it.

Better be a second shoe, or this is the worst trade of Montes tenure by far

I like it just for the reason that both mitchell and Sasha were not going to really play much this upcoming season after picking Carter. Plus it’s not like the 45th pick is going to make any difference except to to have someone with a low salary on the books.

Now we have a open roster spot and a exemption plus some salary to use.

so I see either Monty doing another trade or maybe he has somebody in mind when free agency starts. It doesn’t have to happen today but more changes are on the horizon

Using 2 seconds to dump useful players is dumb, unless the corresponding move makes it worth it.

Yeah... just can't get on board with shipping out two useful rotation players and two second round picks for a big maybe...? in McDaniels, not unless Monte has a clear plan to use the savings to either sign the right piece or absorb more money via trade.

I like it just for the reason that both mitchell and Sasha were not going to really play much this upcoming season after picking Carter. Plus it’s not like the 45th pick is going to make any difference except to to have someone with a low salary on the books.

Now we have a open roster spot and a exemption plus some salary to use.

so I see either Monty doing another trade or maybe he has somebody in mind when free agency starts. It doesn’t have to happen today but more changes are on the horizon
You can't assume that a 2nd round pick couldn't turn into a good player. Keon Ellis slid passed the 2nd round and was undrafted

Seems like a horrible trade to me, Davion is good and so is Sasha and the 45 pick and McDaniels is trash?

Feels like Monte created a logjam had to just sell low on Davion and got trash in return?
And this is why the Carter pick should not be seen in isolation. It may still have been the right move, but it's not as simple as picking him over Knecht since he is a better player.

I mean, Monte's worst move is the equivalent of Vlade's average move, so maybe I've just developed really low standards as a form of coping with being a member of Kings fandom.

What the actual hell, we spent 2 seconds to CAP dump Davion and Sasha???? Just keep them as bench depth and let them walk next year at this point
Helped us get under the tax though. Perhaps we'll spend the money to get a player, but even otherwise, can't blame the owners for trying to control costs and make money, if the players were unlikely to see court time.

Bad BB move though of course, particularly if we don't use the money.