Welcome Jalen McDaniels

Obviously a dump. I get it. Wish we could’ve atleast kept our pick for tonight since I didn’t think the last year of Davion’s rookie contract was a massive burden and he’s playable.

Jalen McDaniels fits the mold of a player we need…but similar to Edwards I don’t suspect he’ll play much for us. Maybe he’s the new last 15 seconds of the quarter defensive sub.

Both Mitchell and Vezenkov had little value. The Sasha experiment was a swing and a miss. Will be interesting to see if he gets anything going in Toronto, but I wouldn't bet on it
shooters always have some level of value. Certainly not negative value which is where we are at currently with this trade.

I’m guessing Monte wants “optionality” in the MLE market but if he can’t sign his target(s) this is bad asset management.

as far as 45 goes, I don’t think there will be many good prospects left but at least one will slip through the cracks. We really need a developmental piece or two on the roster. Our cupboards are pretty bare in that regard.

Hopefully this opens up a future move because on it's face it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Kessler is better than McDaniels so I don't see the need to even play him unless he really turns things around.

Well, time for the annual "let's get upset about trading a 2nd round pick even though those guys rarely if ever even crack a bench rotation spot in the NBA" complaints!

We all knew Davion was gonna go after the Carter pick, which looks like an instant upgrade. Sasha didn't work out last season and there was already smoke about him grumbling or considering a return to Europe.

This is not a needle mover in either direction but helps to clear out the guard logjam that everyone was bellyaching about yesterday.

shooters always have some level of value. Certainly not negative value which is where we are at currently with this trade.

I’m guessing Monte wants “optionality” in the MLE market but if he can’t sign his target(s) this is bad asset management.

as far as 45 goes, I don’t think there will be many good prospects left but at least one will slip through the cracks. We really need a developmental piece or two on the roster. Our cupboards are pretty bare in that regard.
Colby Jones is definitely still a good developing piece,... but isn't a longer wing