Welcome Davion Mitchell

I’m begging you guys to stop it. Have mercy on the rest of us.
Don’t get all sanctimonious as if you haven’t participated in threads where others wished you had stopped. That’s bush league.

Furthermore you are more than capable of skipping past posts you don’t want to read or ignoring.

I’ll be sure to troll you the next time you’re in a back and forth with someone. ;)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think lifting weights after a game is normal practice. Idk about after every game but maybe like every other? Not sure though lol
I'd imagine you have to fit it in somewhere in your routine, especially after playing 35+ minutes and it probably wouldn't be wise to lift before a game so a quick session post game might be the solution with the compact scheduling

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'd imagine you have to fit it in somewhere in your routine, especially after playing 35+ minutes and it probably wouldn't be wise to lift before a game so a quick session post game might be the solution with the compact scheduling
Especially last year when the league was trying to fit 72 games into a season that was two months shorter than usual.

It feels virtually impossible he's not a high-impact starter for 12+ years and the dude hasn't played a regular season minute yet. Crazy.
Don’t think you can win playing Davion, Hali and Fox as 30 min starters. But we shall see what happens when we get to the regular season.

But yes I like what I have seen out of Mitchell.

Don’t think you can win playing Davion, Hali and Fox as 30 min starters. But we shall see what happens when we get to the regular season.

But yes I like what I have seen out of Mitchell.
I think we can. I'm not sure you can win playing Fox, Hali, and Mitchell TOGETHER for 30 minutes, but I think you can play them all 30+ minutes and be a winner. We've seen enough of Davion bodying guys like Lebron, George, and Melo (most of whom play 4, not 3) to know Davion can guard the 3 for some stretches, though I wouldn't want to rely on that as a game long/season long fix. But if you want to close with that lineup, or find 6-8 minutes of a Davion-Hali-Fox lineup, I think you can. And then you can take advantage of those three playing basically all of the 1 and 2 minutes, and mixing and matching them for different looks (I love the differences you get with Fox/Hali compared to Hali/Mitchell, and Fox/Mitchell). But you could role:

1- Fox (32); Mitchell (16)
2- Hali (32); Mitchell (8); Davis (8)
3- Buddy (24); Davis (16); Mitchell (8)
4- Barnes (32); Harkless (16);
5- Holmes (32) TT or Len (16)

Ideally, I think your long term play is try to consolidate Buddy and Bagley (who would not make my rotation) with some draft picks to find a better fit at 3/4, and bump Harkless from the rotation, but again, I think you are rolling a lot of three guard lineups with Davis at the 3:

3- Future SF (24); Davis (16); Mitchell (8)
4- Barnes (32); Future SF (8); ???? (8- flexible- Davis if you want to play super small, TT if you want to play super big, Metu if you want to find minutes for him; Harkless if he is still around and you prioritize D)
5- Holmes (32); TT/Len (16)

SO I think you can find the minutes for Fox, Hali, Mitchell, Barnes, Holmes, and a future SF to all play 30+ minutes, without having to play Fox, Hali, and Mitchell extended minutes together. That is 6 core 30 minute players, a key reserve in Davis playing 24 minutes, 16 minutes to a backup big, and 8 minutes to play with if you want to get a 9th guy in the rotation (you could also carve 1-2 minutes from other guys here and there to give the 9th guy closer to 16 minutes).

I think we can. I'm not sure you can win playing Fox, Hali, and Mitchell TOGETHER for 30 minutes, but I think you can play them all 30+ minutes and be a winner. We've seen enough of Davion bodying guys like Lebron, George, and Melo (most of whom play 4, not 3) to know Davion can guard the 3 for some stretches, though I wouldn't want to rely on that as a game long/season long fix. But if you want to close with that lineup, or find 6-8 minutes of a Davion-Hali-Fox lineup, I think you can. And then you can take advantage of those three playing basically all of the 1 and 2 minutes, and mixing and matching them for different looks (I love the differences you get with Fox/Hali compared to Hali/Mitchell, and Fox/Mitchell). But you could role:

Ideally, I think your long term play is try to consolidate Buddy and Bagley (who would not make my rotation) with some draft picks to find a better fit at 3/4, and bump Harkless from the rotation, but again, I think you are rolling a lot of three guard lineups with Davis at the 3:

4- Barnes (32); Future SF (8); ???? (8- flexible- Davis if you want to play super small, TT if you want to play super big, Metu if you want to find minutes for him; Harkless if he is still around and you prioritize D)

SO I think you can find the minutes for Fox, Hali, Mitchell, Barnes, Holmes, and a future SF to all play 30+ minutes, without having to play Fox, Hali, and Mitchell extended minutes together. That is 6 core 30 minute players, a key reserve in Davis playing 24 minutes, 16 minutes to a backup big, and 8 minutes to play with if you want to get a 9th guy in the rotation (you could also carve 1-2 minutes from other guys here and there to give the 9th guy closer to 16 minutes).
based on what I watched yesterday. I know one things for sure. We gonna be gassing out teams with speed and depth. The backup unit gonna be exciting to watch. It’s gonna be a high risk high reward We Believe Dubs style with some nights the crowd gonna go buck wild

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
based on what I watched yesterday. I know one things for sure. We gonna be gassing out teams with speed and depth. The backup unit gonna be exciting to watch. It’s gonna be a high risk high reward We Believe Dubs style with some nights the crowd gonna go buck wild
Seriously. That second unit was doing nothing but jacking up wild threes and making crazy hustle plays and I'm pretty sure G1C is going to go hoarse by halftime of every game.

Really good. What this team is missing is another 3/4 flex (not Harkless) that can take a 30+ minute role and we'd be cooking. I'm bullish Lou King can continue to develop and be a 2/3 flex guy, but an OG Anunoby/Michael Porter archetype with Barnes would glue this team together so so well. That's why a lot of us were looking strongly at Wagner to potentially fill that role. Flipping Buddy and/or Bagley into draft capital or a prospect in that vein would set this team up so well in the future.

The bench upgrades looks so apparent over last season. We were essentially a 6-man team and the house crumbled as soon as we had an injury to the top 6 (ran pretty good for the first 30 games that everyone stayed healthy). I think a lot of teams are going to have trouble with keeping pace with Mitchell-TD-Buddy offensive firepower off the bench. And if Walton staggers Fox/Hali correctly, one of them should be fresh to attack bench units basically every game with the above 3 guys.

Starter minutes, closer. Whatever, same thing. 30+ minutes of Mitchell=good things
yeah I guess the point is I don’t see 30 minutes available for Fox, Hali and Mitchell unless you are playing a lot of small ball like you outlined. I’m not sure our guys are good enough shooters to make it work. But we shall see.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
yeah I guess the point is I don’t see 30 minutes available for Fox, Hali and Mitchell unless you are playing a lot of small ball like you outlined. I’m not sure our guys are good enough shooters to make it work. But we shall see.
There’s 96 available minutes between the two guard spots alone.

Really good. What this team is missing is another 3/4 flex (not Harkless) that can take a 30+ minute role and we'd be cooking. I'm bullish Lou King can continue to develop and be a 2/3 flex guy, but an OG Anunoby/Michael Porter archetype with Barnes would glue this team together so so well. That's why a lot of us were looking strongly at Wagner to potentially fill that role. Flipping Buddy and/or Bagley into draft capital or a prospect in that vein would set this team up so well in the future.

The bench upgrades looks so apparent over last season. We were essentially a 6-man team and the house crumbled as soon as we had an injury to the top 6 (ran pretty good for the first 30 games that everyone stayed healthy). I think a lot of teams are going to have trouble with keeping pace with Mitchell-TD-Buddy offensive firepower off the bench. And if Walton staggers Fox/Hali correctly, one of them should be fresh to attack bench units basically every game with the above 3 guys.
those guys are the hardest guys in the NBA to find. That’s why with potential go earlier in the draft than 9. Hell this year was pretty deep in wings and you saw them run off the board quickly: Cunningham, Barnes, Kuminga, Wagner, Giddey…. Boom. And then you saw
Williams go right after we picked Mitchell. Same reason Hali fell to us the previous year. I was arguing for Williams at 12 and he went 4.

anyway, you aren’t trading Buddy or Bagley for a guy like that who can play 30 min.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
with Buddy and Davis coming off the bench, that's a whole lot of chucking going on but it's not a bad unit to have to provide spark