Welcome Davion Mitchell

Good debut.

Bad: looked for his shot a bit too much, too much dribbling at times, need to put some effort into his FTs.

Good: athleticism, defense, and 3 pt range translates. short not small. best on ball defender on the team right now. best off ball defender on the team right now (there were a few sequences where he guarded three dudes on the same play--running from his man to another and getting in front of a third before a shot--that's contagious).

Kings got another good one. Reminder: Bibby, Bobby J, Doug. Height: 6'1 ft, 6'1 ft, 6'6. Fox, Mitchell, Hali: 6'3, 6'1, 6'5.

A video of him putting in work on other areas doesn’t mean he isn’t working equally hard on that facet of the game.

He should be working on everything. And I’m sure he is.

I actually find it a bit concerning that he is such a hard worker and such a poor free throw shooter. Lack of effort or reps isn’t the issue. It will help that he has more professional resources at his disposal however. Sometimes these super jacked dudes have weird range of motion. Time to hit the yoga studio

I actually find it a bit concerning that he is such a hard worker and such a poor free throw shooter. Lack of effort or reps isn’t the issue. It will help that he has more professional resources at his disposal however. Sometimes these super jacked dudes have weird range of motion. Time to hit the yoga studio
My hope is we dont have a situation where "my brother or uncle will be my shooting coach" ala tyreke. They need to go get a high level shooting coach for him and fox. Pay the moon if you have to for an elite shooting coach. Hell go pay dell curry. He seems to produce good shooters ;)

I’m not concerned. There are many names to be listed that were poor FT shooters (for numerous seasons) before figuring it out. While super hard work doesn’t always equate to success, it often does.

Knowing that Mitchell is a super hard worker and also not a behemoth 7 footer with oversized hands makes me confident that he’ll eventually work it out.

One example of a guy that sucked and then got better is Blake Griffin and they have a similar build. It took him about six years to figure it out though. When you really think about it, If one guy hits 8 out of 10 free throws he is a good shooter. 7 of 10? Terrible! But those misses add up over the year especially physical players that get a lot of trips to the line.

One example of a guy that sucked and then got better is Blake Griffin and they have a similar build. It took him about six years to figure it out though. When you really think about it, If one guy hits 8 out of 10 free throws he is a good shooter. 7 of 10? Terrible! But those misses add up over the year especially physical players that get a lot of trips to the line.
Karl Malone entered the league shooting around 60% at the line.

I’d be more concerned if he wasn’t a hard worker and couldn’t shoot free throws

So I'll ask the question, how are we going to keep Mitchell out of the starting lineup? When we are playing the Blazers for example, are we really going to let Davion come in for 20-25 min a game against mostly reserves? We need him against Lillard. After seeing him guard Bouknight, I don't see how you can have Mitchell coming off the bench. You NEED him to guard your best player. He has to guard the best player 1-3, he just has to.

So I'll ask the question, how are we going to keep Mitchell out of the starting lineup? When we are playing the Blazers for example, are we really going to let Davion come in for 20-25 min a game against mostly reserves? We need him against Lillard. After seeing him guard Bouknight, I don't see how you can have Mitchell coming off the bench. You NEED him to guard your best player. He has to guard the best player 1-3, he just has to.
Maybe bring in him after 3mins?
No, to be honest I also think that he should guard the best player. Maybe let him out of the starting lineup the first 15-20 games to let him acclimate in the league and then let him start. But whatever rather sooner than later he has to be on the field (especially if he doesn't have to lead the offense).

I see that as a good problem. If Mitchell is beating up reserves, the Kings will be closing gaps or extending leads. Don’t need Mitchell to be guarding the opposing team’s best player all game. Just during crunch time when it matters.

I remember an article when Fox was coming out where it said he's right handed, but plays left handed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

We thought our son was going to be right handed early on, but it looks like he's going to be left hand dominate. Kinda weird.