"Webber supporters" can criticize CWebb

I wish he wouldn't give interviews, at least not until they been proof-read by at least 4 anti-Webberites for idiosyncracies or content that could be twisted, or content that IS twisted already, as Webb tends to talk in circles.:)

Thanks for the input everybody... The point of the thread was to not defend Webber, since it is already assumed that if you are posting criticisms here you have plenty of reasons to like him or his game anyway.

As far as Webber's interviews go, I do cringe every time he speaks, because I know the wrong thing will inevitably come out of his mouth. I'm not really sure whether I want to say it is bad that he speaks out though, because I'm not convinced that being more vocal and more "mean" won't actually help the team. I waver back and forth on that one. I think for now, I'll just say I'd prefer he not saying anything to the media for selfish reasons, so we don't have to worry about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those floor time stats don't compare the time Webber was on and of the floor while he was with the team; the off court includes all the games he didn't play in. We don't need a fancy stat to tell us the team played better earlier in the season, and the stat in no way addresses the reasons for the decline.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Superman said:
That's exactly what I was wondering. Where did you find that?
82games.com again.

Its a good stat, but one with a few other questions for me. I especially think its probably more telling for a major minute guy who played for the entire season than it is for a 30mpg starter -- a 30mpg starter has probably played almost all his minutes with the same unit (the starters) wheras a 40mpg starter is also swinging over and working with a number of the reserve units in addition ot the starters. That could work either way for the big minute starter depending on whether the team has a strong bench or a weak one -- if the bench is strong, then he gets a bounce to his numbers over the guy who only plays with the starters, if its weak, then his numbers get pulled down compared to the guy getting starter's only minutes etc. And of course someone who played all year is much more likely to balance out injuries to other players, scheduling swings, slumps etc.

Attachments

Entity

Hall of Famer
Peja can score, Miller can rebound, jackson and bibby can get some assist , Doug can get some steals. But none of the players listed above can do it all. Webber can. Even if he don't lead the team in any of those catagories the fact that he is second to all makes him the best all around player on our team. To say that he sucks doesn't speak well of the other members of the kings team. If there is any person that can say Webber didn't carry us in the playoffs, that person is in need of help this board can't give them.

Personally I don't care if he smoked pot or whatever. Webber may have not shown leadership qualities in the past. But who has? Sure you here announcers and other say Vlade was the locker room leader. How many of us have been there and seen it for oursleves. These guys are grown men playing a game for money. The ONLY leader to them is their agent. You can buy into that leader crap all you want to. I believe if you need somebody to lead you and you are a starter in the NBA than you are weak and shouldn't be on the same court as the rest of the NBA. I am not sure what you guys think is a leader. If i belevied in that i would say the guy with the best stats. Therefore blowing the whole Vlade thing out the window since he came to Sacramento.

ReinadelosReys said:
Anyhow, the subject of the Kings came up. They said that there's really no news of the "I want a trade" Peja front and with training camp opening up in a few weeks, they really need to hold a players meeting before it even starts, before media day. "Who's the one to do it?" asked Marsh.(As far as I know, Pressley is privy to some of the inner workings of the Kings) To which Pressely replied, Chris Webber has already done that. He has already called some of the guys, gotten some of them together "like they used to." Including Peja asked the other guy from Sierra Central. And Pressley said yes.... Take from that what you want, believe it if you want, just passing what I hear along.
very nice to hear this! i hope it's true! and i hope they work things out :)

uolj said:
As far as Webber's interviews go, I do cringe every time he speaks, because I know the wrong thing will inevitably come out of his mouth. I'm not really sure whether I want to say it is bad that he speaks out though, because I'm not convinced that being more vocal and more "mean" won't actually help the team. I waver back and forth on that one. I think for now, I'll just say I'd prefer he not saying anything to the media for selfish reasons, so we don't have to worry about it.
I love Webb, and yet I do (like you) cringe every time he speaks. BUT, I think that him talking is part of what endears me to him. When Webb speaks he speaks from the heart. He plays with passion, he talks with passion. I'd much rather hitch our wagon to a player that is so emotional after a game 7 that he can only talk in circles versus a player that is laughing it off 5 minutes after the game (I still can't laugh it off, so why should the players be able to?) I guess I sympathize with Webb, bcause I am always explaining my "feelings" and I shudder to think what would appear in the paper if I had microphones in front of me everytime I was talking after a major disappointment. To me, the reason I cringe when Webb talks is because I know that it is just adding more fuel to the fire, and that it will just give Webb haters more ammunition to blast him with. Not because I really think what he says is that bad, but because if you tear anything apart enough it seems bad. And because, for many people, anything and everything Webb does will never be enough.

ReinadelosReys said:
-A little off topic, but somewhat related-In relation of Webbs leadership skills: I was watching "The Sierra Central Sports roundtable" this morning. For anyone not in the area, its this little Saturday morning show that discusses regional sports, with funny (and sad) commercials. It features Harold Pressley (I think everyone knows who he is), Scott Marsh (who works for KHTK), Jodi Bacon (who also works for KHTK) and some other guy who works for Sierra central.

Anyhow, the subject of the Kings came up. They said that there's really no news of the "I want a trade" Peja front and with training camp opening up in a few weeks, they really need to hold a players meeting before it even starts, before media day. "Who's the one to do it?" asked Marsh.(As far as I know, Pressley is privy to some of the inner workings of the Kings) To which Pressely replied, Chris Webber has already done that. He has already called some of the guys, gotten some of them together "like they used to." Including Peja asked the other guy from Sierra Central. And Pressley said yes.... Take from that what you want, believe it if you want, just passing what I hear along.
The some other guy is the owner/prsident of the Sierra Central Credit Union. is name is John Cassidy. Some other guy, Jodi, HP, and Marsh used to be the original hosts of the NBA Insiders (who now are hosted by Mark Demsky, Tim Montemayor, and Ailene Voison). HP works for Sierra Central. .. LaSalle Thompson also joins the show every now and then. . Ive been an avid watcher and listener for years:p

I heard the show and i hope the guys have done as HP says.