We Fell Down With Dignity

DoughDole said:
All losses are tough to swallow, but this was a great confidence builder game for our bench guys. Consider this: they scored 54 out of our 101 points! That's not bad for the "no bench" crew. Songaila's been playing great, and so has Matt being inserted in the starting 5. Eddie House came to play today and Kevin Martin was confident in his jumper. Even Bradley and Tag made some contributions in limited minutes. I think that's all we could ask for from them, is to step up whenever we need them and I think they did that tonight, even though the outcome was a loss. I always hate to see injuries and would prefer not to have them, but it's always good to see when the other guys step up given the opportunity. I have no problem with this loss, we'll get them back next time, hopefully with a full team.
Can't agree more. Songalia is a good backup for Weber.

flipnsac said:
Why? Do you like to lose? Kings should have won that game at the FT line.
No. because blaming the loss an Adelman doesn't make any sense. Thats all you get outa me tonight, see my first post.

Entity said:
speaking of FT. Has Kevin Martin ever made both. He always seems to miss 1 of 2.
Last game I was at (Jan. 11 -- vs. Nuggets), Kevin was 11/13 from the line (or something very similar -- not dedicated enough to look up the stats). Hit everything from the line until so late that it pretty much didn't matter any more.

Even though I'm lil' frustated with this loss, it may be time to consider that our bench is not that bad. Those guys really kept up with Sonics bench.

We only lost because of Brad's performance and the poor shooting selection from Cuttino. BTW, how do you figure that a guy like Brad whos having a rough night can get mad at refs. He should have got mad at him first.

Overall this was a good game for Sac. Even with their two top scorers out they played a competitive game against one of the top teams in the league. For much of the third quarter we had only one starter in yet they kept the game within 6-8 pts. They played great defense, shutting down the 3 pt shooting for the most part. Remember this is a team (Sonics) that can jack up 120 pts in a night. Despite the loss, a good effort.