Way to go, Kevin (Special K)!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Let this be the first of many threads devoted to giving Flash props for a good performance!!

W"HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Great game Flash!!! :)

My favorite play from him in the Jazz game was when he was going to fall yet was able to save the ball out of bounds, threw it to Pedja and Pedja made the shot!! :) Gotta love that hustle!!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Truth be told Bobby Jacksons injury could be the best thing for this team. Now we have to go to our bench and they get an opprotunity to show what they've got.

It's just a matter of time and experience, and playing with a lot of starters on the floor. Maurice and Kevin have now both showed that they can contribute, given the proper surrounding cast. Let's hope that trend continues and that Petrie's signing of a PG next week doesn't interrupt a good thing that's begun with our rookies.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
WTG- Flash!!! I knew it was just a matter of getting to play meaningful minutes with a few starters to build your confidence. And, you came through, like I knew you would. WOOHOO!!

Man, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, that RA is turning over a new leaf in reaching down into the bench. When was the last time he played 10 men?

A

AriesMar27

eflat said:
Man, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, that RA is turning over a new leaf in reaching down into the bench. When was the last time he played 10 men?

You know, I hate to say I told you so............but I did:p

That's just the tip of the iceberg. This kid is the real deal, and I, for one, can't wait to see what he turns out to be.

Way to go Kevin! Here's to many more!

He looked very comfortable out there, probably the first time all year and coincidentally it was when he got to run with the starters. Hopefully Rick saw it the way that most of us saw it. If you put Kevin out there with talented guys, he can hold his own and contribute. Kinda like what we found out about Darius last season. I liked what I saw and I want to see more in 2005.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Nice job... Secreet to success as a young player: Work hard, be ready whne you grt the call, hustle your butt off and don't complain. The Kid has it down.

HndsmCelt said:
Nice job... Secreet to success as a young player: Work hard, be ready whne you grt the call, hustle your butt off and don't complain. The Kid has it down.
"The Kid." hmmm. i kinda like it. everybody round here's been calling him that tonight. since flash and k-mart have been taken by higher-profile players, we should really consider this...;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
No, that's right, "The Kid" was always KG.

Hmm...what we need is something totally original that no elite player has ever gone by or will steal. Something that will always be all Kevin's. Hmm...

er....

um....

wait!

its coming to me...

I got it!

a little rough, but I'll work on it:

Attachments

Last edited:
Great game for him, way to go Kevin. I think its interesting to note that some of our bench warmers from previous years have become stars on other teams. Rodney Buford got 20pts 7 reb 2ast with 4/5 3 pt shooting for NJ the other night. I think RAs biggest fault is not giving enough playing time to his young bench players.

Kevin Martin appears to be a diamond in the rough...great hussle and defensive moves. Can he be put up against against Parker tomorrow? I'm really worried about Parker, but I guess that's for another thread...

I've got a message from Proud Grannie, Kevin's Grandma. As some of you know, she has been recoverying from a surgery and sitting at the computer is not all that comfortable. She had to re-register since she has not been on since the Great Crash of 04. I'm sure we will be hearing from her once her 24 hour time is up! (Glad to have you back, BTW!!!)

Anyhow, she would like me to pass on a couple things-

Since the Big Sofa stole the nickname Flash, she (and I) think we should go with Special K. Kevin likes it, and he really is special. I'll just paste part of her e-mail to me-

Anyway....... I've been reading the boards this morning and listening to all of the hype on Kevin's nickname...He still likes "Special K". And I like it b/c he really is. I could tell you guys unbelievable stories about what he did to overcome the odds of being where he is today. For one thing, he had a Divine Healing his junior year of highschool and since then there has been no stopping him. All of his ability is natural, of course with practice and guidance, but, he just does it easily. I sure hope Adelman saw the way he conducted himself last night. HE'S THE REAL DEAL! ...that grandson of mine. GO KINGS!

p.s. I'D APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD POST MY RESPONSE AND TELL ALL OF THE FANS, THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!!