Warriors @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
With 15 to go Kings hanging on to the 5 spot getting closer to clinch the PO spot mostly as a courtosy of our opponenet but also as a product of a hard work. Last 4 weeks or so will be very interesting and very exciting. The best part is that Kings are still in the middle of all the action. If You are unahppy - chancer are that You are either Lakers or Wolves fan - these days;).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was something last night wasn't it? Thank God for Clippers. They had us and then they gave it away and then we gave it away and then we changed our minds and took it back since they did not want it in the first place:eek:. We certainly did not play well again but this time we stuck with it and stole this one (robery would be better word here). It was pathetic watching 2 teams where neither one looked like they can get a stop down the strech. I guess we won because they are the Clippers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
RA one away from 700. Hopefully, it happens tonight. This time I am going to complin a bit here. First, how long will he keep starting Darius. I like Songaila but more as a bench player. Thomas has got to start. Also I really dislike the rotation pattern at the moment. A lineup where we have Pedja, Corllis and Thomas up front - sucks. There has got to be way to avoid that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
We play GS for the last time this year. There is a possibility that we might lost the season series here. Never thought - that would be possible ever. Tonight's game will probably be as close as the last one. Their back court is better than ours. Without Brad and Bobby we are not more talented either. We do play at home. We need to put together a good game over 4 quarters. We also need to try to defend the penetration. Will be a close one again
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - has been making his living late in the games lately. Not shooting well, not defending. Still good controlling the game but it seams like he hit a wall physically. Every horse get tired if ridden too much too often. BD - will be trouble
Mobley - perfect substitute player coming in the second half. Streaky players are very unreliable. Fortunately - he has been big ofensively when we needed it. Will start against JR tonight and it will not go well.
Pedja - is trying much harder. He is getting there but I think he is still somewhat out of shape. getting very tired late in the games. We do have Bibby and Mobly for that at the moment. Should he guard JR - tonight. He is the only one that could slow him down. It could mean foul trouble and lack of the offensive production.
Thomas - he needs to start. Playing really well as of late. Did force a bit in the first half last night,.
Skinner - should never be "go to guy." Said some not so nice things about him last night towards the end of regulations. Other than that - no complaints at all.
Corliss - mixture betwee being smart and ill adviced. Very inconsistant.
Darius - will be more effective of the bench. To many unnecessary fouls.
House - giving some quality minutes here.
Martin- lack of experience is obvious but how do You get experience if You don't play ?
Evans - with Mo there are 10 seconds in every game where You are thinking - "Great job Mo - oh my god what are You doing ?". Lack of control mostly.
Tag - what can I say ?
Daniels - was carying us in the "mateen department" last night. Heuge down the strech;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
RA - make Your adjustment please and good luck getting Your 700 tonight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
GS - you saw it Thursday night. The won in Phoenix. BD and JR will cause all kind of troubles tonight.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go Sonics !!!! (Lakers)
Go Bucks!!! (Nuggets)
Go Suns!!!!!!!! (Grizzlies)
Go Pistons!!!!!!!! (Spurs)
Rockets vs. Wolves - depends wheather we wnat the 5th or the 6th

Last edited:
piksi said:
Thank God for Clippers. They had us and then they gave it away and then we gave it away and then we changed our minds and took it back since they did not want it in the first place
Hahaha! :D Thanks Clips, for giving it to us! ;)

Need to stop JRich for tonight's game! If we can do that, we can win!

Can Warriors beat Kings at ARCO twice this season?! (I hope not!)

Score + Rebound + Play D + limit TOs = WIN!

GO KINGS!!!!!

Is it even possible for the Kings to play the Warriors and NOT have a carreer night from Richardson? Looks to be yet another nailbiter from the Kardiac Kings.

A

AriesMar27

well... it could be worse i guess.... we could lose to the hornets again.... or the bobcats.....

i think that thomas should be starting but oh well, i mean... what good is songaila sitting on the bench with 4 fouls mid way through the 2nd qtr? sigh.....

go kings.....

tonight is "payback time".KINGS will take care business at home,they just need to PLAY all 48 min. I agree, I would like to see K9 get the start,Darious plays better off the bench anyway.

GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Warriors are a good team right now, their record is NOT indicitive of how well they play. If theypick up a even a respectable center they will be brutal next season. Meanwhile back at the rach: Kings have to be feeling it todoay (both good and bad) But the obvious truth the can see in the game tape formthe past few games is that their passing is the key. They also need to come out and win the first quarter, getting in to holes then digging their way out is jsut sloppy ball. Good news, they are in ARCO 20-2 there against the Warriors. I think this might be a good time to move Kenny Thomass to the start at PF.

piksi said:
We need to put together a good game over 4 quarters
i so agree!

Peja has been doing so many other things...im so proud of him...he's really making the effort...GO PEJA!

Its gonna be tough...hopefully the home crowd can really help us out tonight...anyone who is going...cheer loud and proud!

I can't wait for this game to be over...so we are officially done with the Clips and JRich and the GSW...both teams who have consistenly given us trouble all season long

GO KINGS!!

iheartBrad said:
I can't wait for this game to be over...so we are officially done with the Clips and JRich and the GSW...both teams who have consistenly given us trouble all season long
Then we have Portland next...and Mavs...then @Denver, a hot team right now. :eek: Not getting any easier.

What Do the Warriors Have to Lose ???

It's already been said ..... they want to play THE SPOILER, and they've got the team to do it.

They've got a lottery pick on the way, playing for next year .... and a good solid foundation from which to build.

Tonite is more than a bus ride on I-80 ....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Andriod_KiNg said:
I hope Kenny starts tonight... he is just a better fit in with the starters in all aspects of the game...
And again I have to ask what is so important about him STARTING?

At this point, I absolutely love the energy he's been bringing off the bench, something we really, really, really need.

The important thing IMHO is that we get as much production from him and the rest of the team as possible and I've been liking how Adelman has balanced things. Right now, AFAIC, it ain't broke so RA doesn't need to fix it.

GO KINGS!!!!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
And again I have to ask what is so important about him STARTING?

At this point, I absolutely love the energy he's been bringing off the bench, something we really, really, really need.

The important thing IMHO is that we get as much production from him and the rest of the team as possible and I've been liking how Adelman has balanced things. Right now, AFAIC, it ain't broke so RA doesn't need to fix it.

GO KINGS!!!!
Given the deep holes the Kings have recently been getting into in the first quarter bringing in extra fire power at the gate might NOT be a bad call.

Status
Not open for further replies.