Vlade Divac

Agreed. At the end of the day (talent wise) we didn't lose much. But chemistry is more important than it gets credit for. Those were two very well-liked guys on a rising team of youngsters. It's worrisome.
Chemistry is very important and I've watched many a GM tinker too much with their rosters over the years and have it all fall apart. There is something to be said for having a young team of guys that all get along great (and play great) grow up together as a cohesive unit.

Obviously the NBA is a business and this stuff happens but the more guys you trade the more the young guys start to think "maybe I'm next". You lose a little bit of that innocence that young teams have. They go from thinking they are going to be playing with their buddies for several years to come to not knowing who is coming or going.

In theory these moves should make this team better but it wouldn't shock me if they didn't and the team missed the playoffs. Time will tell.

Am I the only once concerned that he dealt the two best perimeter defenders on the team? I understand he definitely wants to make good on his promise and reach the playoffs, but I believe they would have made it without adding the pieces they did. Not saying this team is worse off, but chemistry and defense matters more in the playoffs.
No and I think JJ will ultimately be the best out of the 4 in 5 years. But that's a long time from now so just compete while ur hot!

Kings are making the playoffs for sure. Clips are out. This leaves us with one real contender for the 8th spot, the Lakers. It's going to be very sweet to keep the Lebron Lakers out of the playoffs. I think Vlade felt a lot more comfortable trading Shump with Barnes coming in. He wants at least one guy with Championship experience. The three wins before this loss have really, REALLY been season changing/defining for us. We could have and maybe even should have lost two of those, but at 3 games above .500, I'm glad Vlade pulled the trigger on these trades even if the shakeup cost us a game. You don't let the other team sleep on it if you want the trade to happen.
I am a little concerned the games that Shump was out for "load management" our record was poor. There is an intangible quality he seems to bring, an intensity and energy, that did not show up in the box score. Let me check our record when he was out....We lost 7 out of 11 games with Shump out. I think we'll be ok and better without him with the new guys, but we cannot waste any time getting them acclimated. Joerger is going to have earn his keep.